Tell me about Ringnes beer?

meganbear

Mouseketeer
First, how do you pronounce it? Secondly, I usually don't care for beer--but I might try this one--tell me about it?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...................................

I call it "Rin-yes"................

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

We can't say it either,but my husband enjoyed this beer. He said it has a good, light flavor. 2 summers ago he did beers around the world. Had to break it up into 2 days,but very much enjoyed the different tastes.
By the way,hello from WV!:)

I don't think we've tried this one - one more to add to the list!!:bounce:

It's pronounced rig-nes phonetically. A very nice and refreshing beer. Goes great with Norwiegian food.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

hi from Tess' DH (my story anyways). The beer is fantastic and I over the years have sampled them all. It can not be found anywhere except at Epcot and believe me I have had every beer vendor around looking for it.

Tess' DH,

Sounds like you're the resident Epcot beer expert. We'll be taking an adults only trip down for the Food & Wine Festival in October of 2005, and the thing that the hubbies are most excited about is sampling the beers around the world! Maybe we could hire you as our guide - do you work for beer? :hyper:

I can be had as a guide, but I'm not cheap! Beer is expensive at EPCOT and my price has to include the cost of my tour sampling. :tongue: Looking forward to my next visit and DATW is on my list of "must dos". ::yes::

When we lived in Stockholm, we would visit our good friends in Oslo quite a bit and this beer was very popular and considered by our Scandinavian group to be on the quality level of Amstel. We all enjoyed it but the guys especially would take a Pilsner Urquell any day over a Rignes or "TT"(Tre Kronor) which is a similar Swedish beer. I loved Rignes for it's light, non-bitter taste. Threehearts(the historic name of the town in Sweden that my husband was born in)

While light, it is still VERY flavorful. That's what make it fantastic...the setting doesn't hurt, either!

It's difficult to get the "g" sound just right but Micca pronounces just about the same way my husband and I do(but rin-yess is nor far off either). The important thing is that they have it at WDW and they'll know just what you're saying in the Norway village. I wonder if they ship? Threehearts

Yes the beer is really good but for a real kick, try a shot of Linie Aquavit (available at the stand that sells the beer). This is a very unique liquor that is typically served ice cold. I brought a bottle of this back from Germany several years ago, and it is also available for sale at the store at the Norway pavillion.

The following site has additional information:
http://www.davethefox.com/words/booze/akvavit.htm

BTW, Ringnes gets mentioned here on the boards quite a bit, and I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they didn't like it a lot(except for perhaps non beer drinkers). We used to buy it in the stores when we lived in Miami, but that was a loooonnngg time ago, and I don't believe they export to the U.S. any longer(other than WDW).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter