Tell me about Mickey's Fun Wheel

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
I'm headed to DCA tomorrow and I was thinking of taking my 2-year-old on the Mickey Wheel. Should I definitely choose one of the non-moving cars? The ones that move look pretty crazy from the ground. But then again my 2-year-old is a bit of a thrill seeker.

Do the swinging gondola! It's the perfect thrill for a brave toddler. You can hold your child in your lap.

The moving cars can make you super motion sick. I totally missed all the warning signs, and got so sick I had to go back to the hotel.
The ride had barf bags for heaven sakes.

We refer to this ride as Mickey's Wheel of Terror! I was all for it, and thought it would be fun. How scary can it be, there aren't even seatbelts? Wrong, wrong! Just when you get at the bottom and think it's over, they send you up again for more torment!

My kids still laugh about it how terrorized I was.

Love the moving cars. They only move a lot when their tracks are mostly parallel to the ground.

We call it Mickey's Wheel of Death! I can do it, but rarely do. Boy o boy. Backwards motion is. The. Worst. I have to concentrate and breathe in and out and then can't ride anything for a while. I was on it with my mom when it first opened and she was terrified and there is no place to hold on to. She tried to put her fingers in the grates as she screamed holy hell.

Maybe for some it is "fun"?????

It's not a very fun ride imho. The swinging ones made both me and my wife nauseous and we never have any issues on rides. The line for it can look small but take forever. And I can't help but remember when it broke down a few years ago and all those people on it sat there for several hours in the heat. I'll never ride it again.

HA!...I LOVE that ride...just cuz so many others hate it so!

Honestly it is not that bad...it is very much a visual motion sickness and heights thing that gets most people. The physical sensation is very minimal and not at all terrifying IMO.

...but it definitely plays head games with people!

If you're taking the time to ride, do it after dark. the view of the area is nice

Dang, you guys are kind of freaking me out! Barf bags? Eeeekkkkkk! Maybe we be will try a stationary car to start.

It's not that bad. It takes a long time to load all the baskets. Once they're filled then you make one full trip around. After that they start to un-load.
Like I said there is a nice view from the top

We call it Mickey's Wheel of Death. You're way up high in a giant chicken coop--everything is encased in wire mesh...there is nothing scenic or nice about it, it is a giant cage. Yuck. No way would I do a swinging one. Then again, I have no intention of ever riding Mickey's Wheel of Death again EVER.

3/4 of my family members LOVE it. We went on it three times during or trip last week and each time they let us do another round (like previous posters said, the first time around they are loading and the them you do another rotation) so we did 4 full times x3 and laughed and squeeled the entire time.

I love roller coasters, I'm not just talking Disney coasters, but the big ones, like at Six Flags too. I love TOT, and other rides like that. I hated the Fun Wheel. The non moving seats were probably fine, but I will never ride the swinging ones again.

On our first trip to Disneyland, we rode in a swinging gondola with our 8 year old daughter. Since there were only 3 of us, they put another young couple in with us. As we came over the top and started sliding, my daughter started laughing and screaming" We're gonna die". The poor young woman looked like she was going too. We all loved it,but it still does give me butterflies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter