• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Il Mulino

dachsie

DIS Veteran
I have heard some good things about this restaurant so decided to make an ADR. Now I am wondering if I did the right thing. Have you had good experiences here? What were your favorite entrees? I love Italian food so I cant imagine I won't enjoy it. Just need reassurance I guess.

I just made my first ADR for here in a few weeks from now. I have another question I would like answered too. I know they take TiW discounts here but just want to confirm I can charge back to my Disney room with my magic band??

I just made my first ADR for here in a few weeks from now. I have another question I would like answered too. I know they take TiW discounts here but just want to confirm I can charge back to my Disney room with my magic band??
I believe the Swan resort location where Il Mulino is located is not a Disney owned resort, therefore you can not charge to your room from there.

Last edited:
I have heard some good things about this restaurant so decided to make an ADR. Now I am wondering if I did the right thing. Have you had good experiences here? What were your favorite entrees? I love Italian food so I cant imagine I won't enjoy it. Just need reassurance I guess.
I have been to Il Mulino with my family and had a fantastic meal. We ordered many
appetizers like baked clams, Mussels, meatballs, rice balls, and fried calamari. They all were really great. We had the pasta with calms and the spinach cannelloni as well. We really love this place. We took my parents with us and they loved it. They were so impressed that they served lemoncello shots at the end of the meal.

We ate there last year. Very good meal, you shouldn't worry.

For the other poster's question, they did not allow charging to the band.

I ate there for the first time in April and very much enjoyed it. The service was impeccable. Really well run restaurant. The service staff knew the menu, including daily specials, inside and out and were able to help me choose. You can order half portions of the pastas, which is a nice option. I unfortunately can’t remember exactly what I had but I enjoyed it. I think I did the meatballs, a salad, and a half portion of pasta. Great wine list too.

We've eaten there several times and just ate there in March. The service is impeccable and the food is very good. The portions are huge! As others pointed out, if you don't want to be tied to a WDW ADR with a credit card hold, you can also reserve through opentable or simply call the restaurant to make a reservation.

We've eaten there several times and just ate there in March. The service is impeccable and the food is very good. The portions are huge! As others pointed out, if you don't want to be tied to a WDW ADR with a credit card hold, you can also reserve through opentable or simply call the restaurant to make a reservation.
Agree! Just to add-they are happy to serve half portions of their pasta dishes.

Last edited:
And, for us off-siters, free valet parking (have to add a tip though :))! We enjoyed our dinner here very much.

This is one of my top 3 favorites at Disney!
They have a great mushroom pasta dish that is my absolute favorite and my husband says the carbonara is fabulous. They also have a delish drink called the redhead! If you like Italian, you will definitely like it. Enjoy!

They do a really cool presentation of Chicken Parm (1 dish is enough to share IMHO). My kids love it there and I agree it's the best Italian on the Disney property.

Been there many times. One of my favorites on property. Great food and service.

As others have said, they do not allow charging to the Magic Band, but they do accept the Tables in Wonderland card (20% off),if you have one.

We (my husband and I) went in late November last year. It was a Friday night (last of the month) and we didn't have a reservation but they were able to seat us, I think it was around 8:30 or 9 pm.

We LOVED it! The food was excellent, and we felt the prices weren't bad either--about the same prices we pay at our local Italian restaurants. I would definitely eat there again.

OK - All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong....

DVC owners - we attend 2 trips per year, 8 days per trip, 7 years. We ALWAYS book Il Mulino - sometimes twice.
Husband raised Sicilian in San Francisco - Il Mulino is the REAL DEAL, with the very BEST Italian Food on property. PLEASE? If not constrained by DDP? GO here.

Il Mulino accepts TIW, does NOT participate in any DDP.

we really like it. We go each trip now. Thanks goodness my dad had a credit card on him. We totally forgot no bands. you get in that mode wit the bands and carry less and less. my dad gave the waiter such a hard time about "what if we weren't with my kid and he only had his band with him?" i felt so bad for the guy. haha it was pretty funny though.

food is good though. the prices are really good i feel also for disney. it's actually cheaper than a lot of the disney signatures.

I believe the Swan resort location where Il Mulino is located is not a Disney owned resort, therefore you can not charge to your room from there.
They do not take the DDP or allow charging on your Magic Band. If you are staying at the Swan/Dolphin you can charge to your room.

I think they are on Open Table which I prefer to use over the Disney ADR system .
Been there many times. One of my favorites on property. Great food and service.

As others have said, they do not allow charging to the Magic Band, but they do accept the Tables in Wonderland card (20% off),if you have one.
OK - All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong....

DVC owners - we attend 2 trips per year, 8 days per trip, 7 years. We ALWAYS book Il Mulino - sometimes twice.
Husband raised Sicilian in San Francisco - Il Mulino is the REAL DEAL, with the very BEST Italian Food on property. PLEASE? If not constrained by DDP? GO here.

Il Mulino accepts TIW, does NOT participate in any DDP.

I'm assuming they also wouldn't accept a Disney gift card, anybody know for sure?

we really like it. We go each trip now. Thanks goodness my dad had a credit card on him. We totally forgot no bands. you get in that mode wit the bands and carry less and less. my dad gave the waiter such a hard time about "what if we weren't with my kid and he only had his band with him?" i felt so bad for the guy. haha it was pretty funny though.

food is good though. the prices are really good i feel also for disney. it's actually cheaper than a lot of the disney signatures.

You get in that mode until the Disney IT shop strikes and then you learn. ALWAYS carry a back up payment method.

I was at Food & Wine one Friday evening watching lots of disgruntled guests complain because the Tragic Band system was down. Made the lines dramatically shorter for those of us with the foresight to bring cash and/or a credit card!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter