Tell Me about Harmony Barber Shop Please

libinatorsmom

DIS Veteran
Thinking of making my Daughter an appointment at Harmony Barber Shop for a hair cut - she actually asked about it :) I will have to call today and see if there is an appointment as we are going to be there Sunday and Monday!!! I am thinking Monday would be a great day as it will be our 2nd day in the park... but just looking for experiences :) I see they do adult cuts too - Maybe I should do mine too - we are both due for cuts... :)

Just like some reviews before I book a ressie - if they are even available :confused3

My husband got his hair cut there during one of our trips, because he was heading to Korea with the military the day after our trip, and wouldn't have had time for a cut otherwise.

It was fine. Most of the kids who came in there while we were there were screaming their heads off, so I would not expect a relaxing experience.

Both of my boys have had their 1st hair cuts there, as well as others. They did a great job! If you're particular about your style, I'd skip it. Make a reservation and she can have a BBB type experience for a fraction of the price and not look like every other princess in the park. It does take a decent chunk of time out of your day, but we've always had a good experience.

Our youngest got his first haircut in MK there. They were really nice. He was screaming and crying until they gave him a sucker and he had to sit on my wifes lap. They gave him a certificate and a set of Mickey ears with "My First Haircut" embroidered on the back.

Great - Thanks everyone :) I think I will see if I can get her an appointment on Monday :) She has Pirates League on Sunday Morning :) so this would be a fun addition to our day... She has a pretty simple hair style :)

How do I say....

For us, we have a hard time fitting in all the attractions we want to ride, and we are rather experienced with WDW. I would pick either the Pirate's League or the Harmony Barber Shop, unless you are very familiar with WDW and are specifically looking for ways to mix it up this visit, or you know you want to skip all character lines/and or thrill rides.

I mean we mostly focus on attractions, only do a a few character greets, keep up a solid pace, and still don't manage to go on a number of attractions. (over a week long visit) though traditionally we do hit a few rides multiple times when waits are short.

By all means, if these are the things that appeal to you, then do them, just know that you will probably have to exclude other things to do them.

My 15 y/o son got his hair cut at Harmony last Friday - it took about 30 minutes from start to finish, which is about what it is at his regular barber at home. Don't worry, though... taking 30 minutes out of a day for a hair cut isn't going to ruin your chances to do the other things you want to do. Have fun!!! :goodvibes

My 15 y/o son got his hair cut at Harmony last Friday - it took about 30 minutes from start to finish, which is about what it is at his regular barber at home. Don't worry, though... taking 30 minutes out of a day for a hair cut isn't going to ruin your chances to do the other things you want to do. Have fun!!! :goodvibes

Tried to make an appointment but they were booked - the gal told me to try and just walk up they might be able to work her in :)

I may try to call in again if I can :)

I booked both of my grandkids. Jenny for a ponytail and Jake for a haircut. Well his dad took him for a haircut the week before we went so I had my bangs trimmed. It's hard for them to cut female's hair because all they have is a spray bottle no sinks. For Jenny the CM didn't just do a ponytail she made about 8 that zigzagged into the next. Jenny has very thin hair and this suited her. My hair is long and heavy I typically never wear a ponytail (it give me a headache) she pulled my hair up made 2 ponytails very close it looked like 1 and no headache (I think the pixie dust helped)....please note if paying by room charge or CC there is no line for tip so please bring cash.

My profile pic is Jenny and the hairstyle they gave her. She wore it for 2 days. CM said cut out the rubber bands don't try pulling them out. DD used fingernail clippers, worked great

My 14 and 12 yr old sons both got their 1st official haircut at WDW by Michael. We have never scheduled anything since then but one time brought pictures to give to Mike from when he had given them the haircuts. I think they were about 8 and 10 when we did that. It was fun to reintroduce the boys to him!

We had DD's hair cut there in September . The lady who cut her hair was fantastic. Our appointment time was during a parade as well so that held her attention. Make sure you bring cash for a tip as they are unable to process a tip with their cash register.

We took my dd last August. We didn't make an appointment, but walked in and were able to get her in a chair within 5 minutes. She wanted a trim and a pony with some sparkle & glitter. It was a great experience and she loved it. She's never been the BBB kid, so this was perfect. I highly recommend it!

We went as walk ins last August also. I called ahead and they didn't have any availability at all for the 3 days we were planning to be in MK. We decided to try to walk in and we waited only 5 minutes and I had 2 kids. They definitely don't fully book in advance but save plenty of room for walk ins. The haircuts were fine... They kept my 2 year old distracted with a light up toy. My DD6 got the confetti in her hair and she was almost as pleased as BBB the year before. I couldn't believe how tiny it was in there though ... I think they have 3 chairs? It's cute though!

Btw even if you don't get a service you can still go in and get pixie dusted. We saw that while waiting.

My profile pic is Jenny and the hairstyle they gave her. She wore it for 2 days. CM said cut out the rubber bands don't try pulling them out. DD used fingernail clippers, worked great

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter