• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Everest

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
DD wants to go on Expedition Everest
I’ve been on thunder, space and seven dwarves but am too scared to go on rockin rollercoaster. Seven dwarves is my favorite. How is Everest? Is it smoother than space mountain?

SUPER smooth. I don’t do well with big drops and Everest doesn’t have any that take your stomach. I really love it - I had to muster my courage (and made my sister go on it first and SWEAR to me that I could handle it) and no regrets!

Out of curiosity what about Rockin’ scares you or what do you generally dislike/not do well with?

SUPER smooth. I don’t do well with big drops and Everest doesn’t have any that take your stomach. I really love it - I had to muster my courage (and made my sister go on it first and SWEAR to me that I could handle it) and no regrets!

Out of curiosity what about Rockin’ scares you or what do you generally dislike/not do well with?
Rockin goes upside down correct? Also I don’t like how strapped in you are

I can do any ride, I actually went on the famous upside down waterslide at Action Park years ago. That said, Space Mountain is a rough ride to me, to the point I don't like it. Everest is very smooth. The drop is more of a turn which helps keep your stomach.

One thing to keep in mind with Everest is you can see a very long way for much of the attraction (i.e other resorts). But otherwise I feel securely strapped in and find that while the attraction is bumpy, it is relatively brief.

I think it is well worth a try!

There is a segment that goes backwards, and that can be disorienting. But it’s very smooth.

EVERYTHING is smoother than Space Mountain at this point, to be fair. Everest is the thrilling roller coaster for people who don't like roller coasters; it's thrilling but smooth, scary yet compelling and it tells a complete Disney story. You won't regret it ( I once rode it five times in a row!)

I love roller coasters, and have ridden most of the major ones in the US. We have taken family vacations just to ride the big ones. When I was a kid, it was Six Flags and Coney Island (and of course Disneyland for the Matterhorn) and as a adult it was all of the major theme parks in the US, and yearly to WDW.

I hate Everest. Maybe it was a bad car the times I rode it, but it was NOT smooth, and it was not exciting or fun. I’ll do it if my party (grandsons) insist, but it’s a bumpy mess in my opinion. Nothing really fun or exciting about it, but you can see all the pony tail holders people have thrown on it if that holds any interest.

To each their own but I would put RR as 3 times "scarier" than EE.

The first time me and my wife went on it she almost chickened out. We were about to board and this older gentleman next to us must've heard and said it's not bad. My wife asked if he'd been on it before. He said yes...then he said "I was in 'nam this is nothing" at which point I laughed at her, we boarded, and we can't go to AK without riding it multiple times. You'll be fine. And enjoy what I think is the best queue of all the rides.

Everest is by far and away one of our top attractions. We are always smiling uncontrollably after riding it!

EE is a really fun coaster with a great theme. A really detailed queue. It is very smooth. It does have a section that goes backwards as well. My wife isn't a big rollercoaster fan and loves it.

Can ride Everest and RnRC multiple times in a row! Space mountain I’m one and done, it hurts my neck.

EE is my favorite! I'm a "light weight" when it comes to roller coaster intensity... I've ridden RnR before but during our last trip (2018) I decided I wasn't up for it.

*EE is smooth.
*As you said it only has the lap bar which is a good indicator that nothing too crazy happens.
*It is up pretty high off the ground BUT you're always on something solid (you feel like you're riding over something big and solid rather than being up in the air exposed and being held up only by metal legs. (I know that distinction is purely psychological as they are both equally safe but the psychology of it is real to me!)
*There is lots to look at throughout the ride at which definitely helps.
*There is a point where you start going backwards and you go into near pitch black. The coaster is then pulling you backwards into a corkscrew and you're at a big of an angle. It feels really disorienting because you're in the dark and can't tell how much of an angle you're at... I used to think it turned fully sideways but there's no way that could be true since it's just a lap bar. I would imagine we're really only tilted a little, but the darkness makes it feel like more. But either way that happens for maybe 3 super quick corkscrews and then you're straight upright again. Smooth sailing from there.

I guess I would compare it most closely to Big Thunder? It's a tad more thrilling but is similar in that you always feel hemmed in/protected on all sides.

Let yourself try it once! Hopefully it will be a new favorite!

You can watch a YouTube video of EE to see how it is also. I know Paging Mr Morrow includes it on some of his vlogs. That might give you some help also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter