• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Biergarten!

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
I cannot believe that in all our trips to WDW, we have never tried Biergarten. Going to try to do this on our next trip!

I know it’s communal tables which we are totally fine with - we will be a group of 9 at least, possibly 12.

My question is more about how the entertainment works. Is it while you’re getting your food/eating? Or after you’ve eaten? Or does it just depend on when your ADR falls into the rotation? My only concern is that I know there is a dance floor and my children are dance machines - I’m hoping there’s a bit of time to eat before the show starts. Because once the dancing starts ... I’ll lose them :)

Any details you can provide are helpful!

We are planning to go for the first time also!

Next May - our arrival night! Staying at Yacht, so figure it will be a great, fun start to the vacation. Just two of us, so we'll be making new friends apparently!
:)

We are planning to go for the first time also!

Next May - our arrival night! Staying at Yacht, so figure it will be a great, fun start to the vacation. Just two of us, so we'll be making new friends apparently!
:)

That’s perfect! We were thinking of doing Biergarten on our arrival night or our last night since it looks like so much fun! Leaning toward the last night since we are staying at SSR - I think we are going to do Homecomin’ on our first night to stay closer to the resort. If we were staying at an Epcot resort we would be doing Biergarten the first night too!

Just two of us, so we'll be making new friends apparently!
We’ve been going constantly to Biergarten since it opened in 1982. In our more-than-30 visits sharing a table, we’ve never interacted with the other guests. It’s not that we are closed to the idea, but the setting, the loudness of the place and the pace of the meal, with constant visits to the buffet, do not encourage it.

It's one of my favorite places to eat I Disney property. It's always very fast enough and I've always had a lot of fun interacting with the other people at my table. I happen to love German food and I really enjoyed all the food that they had to offer. Every time I my Disney and I don't send up a 80 are for a breaks my heart but sometimes it's good to change it up. Go ahead and I dare you won't be disappointed.

It is in our top 3 - I am NOT a talker...so I sit on the outside and have my kids or husband next to the strange people ;)

The entertainment is great - I have yet to get sick of it. There is some mad talent up there!

The food is comforting and tasty - as a vegetarian, I still find way more than enough to get my share. The tomato salad and nudel gratin are worth the price of admission. The spaetzel and dumplings are, too. Love the entire salad bar, save the wurst and such. It reminds me SO much of my childhood. Desserts are fantastic, as well.

Plus - liters of beer. What???

Oh, Biergarten is great! Don't worry about the show it just runs, but I've always had it start after I was seated. The food is great, especially if you like meat and sausage! If you don't, you might consider other places. People at the table may or may not be friendly, it just depends. Your group of 9 or 12 may have to be split as I think it is 8 to a table. I hope you enjoy it!

My wife and I enjoyed it other than the staff seems a bit overwhelmed at dinner time. Tables seat 8 so expect to split up. Having the shared tables were fine for us and most people will do their thing if you do yours. See if you can sit down on the floor if your kids like the dancing otherwise you're going up and down stairs. We loved the food and the entertainment was a lot of fun to watch.

We like to take our time at Biergarten - drink a beer, make a couple buffet trips, eat dessert, etc. We always laugh because our table companions always seem to be in such a hurry and we end up eating with just our party. So maybe we're the exception, but we usually end up seeing the show twice

My question is more about how the entertainment works. Is it while you’re getting your food/eating? Or after you’ve eaten? Or does it just depend on when your ADR falls into the rotation? My only concern is that I know there is a dance floor and my children are dance machines - I’m hoping there’s a bit of time to eat before the show starts. Because once the dancing starts ... I’ll lose them :)

It totally depends when your ADR is. If your ADR is for 1:00 and the show started at 1:15, then it will be while you are eating. If you are concerned about eating before the show, then try for a time around 12:30 or so. I believe the first show starts at 1:15. If your kids go and dance and you haven't finished eating yet, they won't rush you. I have NEVER been rushed at this restaurant.

It is a great experience with the food and show, so I would highly recommend it.

One if our must-dos every trip. We ate there twice in 2015. Lol I think my kids would each there multiple times if they could.

We’re usually a party of 5 so we’ve sat with other small families or couples. When I’ve gone as a couple we obviously have been sat with multiple people. We always introduce ourselves and make a little chitchat. You can tell pretty quickly the groups that don’t want to talk and the groups that do. I’ve totally seen couples eat fast and rush out. Others like to talk. We like to take our time. Share a beer flight with our first plate. Order second beers while we nibble a second plate and watch the show. Get dessert. Encourage my teenager boys to get another plate of food because I know they’ll be hungry in an hour. Lol Get a to-go cup for remaining beer. Use uncrowded bathrooms before we leave....
it’s a nice relaxing break from the crowds and weather.

The dance floor doesnt get rammed, so dont worry. You wont lose your kids. :) If you want to be closer to the band/dance floor, just ask for a table in the lower section. That way you can eat while your kids dance. Its a fun restaurant with a great vibe. Food is pretty good too.

We just went a few weeks ago for my dad and husband's birthday. My mom took my picky eater teenager to the American pavilion and my dad, husband, my toddler, and myself all enjoyed a very good meal. The band is awesome, and I think my toddler wants to be a cow bell ringer now ;)

We just went on our arrival day 6/12/19. We go every year on arrival day.

It's such a fun way to start the vacation! The entertainment is top notch. We usually stay long enough to hear a whole show, no matter what time our ADR is. We take our time and have never felt rushed.

We like sitting with other diners, we sat with two CM's this trip. They were a hoot.

We have always had a great time here, hope you enjoy!

We go every trip. Not my favorite food but I have my go-to items lol! However, this is my DH's one and only request plus the entertainment is fun!! Our whole family enjoys it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter