televised events of the 50th?

Although I don't know, DS is a CM there, and he's already promised to check that out for me since I can't be there. Will post if I hear anything.

So far, there doesn't look to be anything. I just checked the listings for ABC, the Disney channel and ABC Fam and nothing on the 17th. ABC has golf on all morning and the others look like they just have regular programming.

That's so disappointing! My DD has been watching the DVD of the opening day and I would love to show her the 50th party!!!

The internet is a great alternative when TV has nothing.I was bummed on 5-5-5, still living on the East Coast, and only snippets on Good Morning America, but mouseplanet.com had aweome coverage, including video of the entire ceremony. So just hop from one Disney site to another and see what's posted.

The news had so much coverage of people waiting in line to get their Harry Potter books, and those lines seemed short compared to lines to get into DL this morning.
So far I have seen nothing on the news related to this (I admit that I have only been up about an hour).
I think the news channels show mostly pre-taped shows on the weekends.

Followup:
CNN just did a small piece (less than a minute) which said very little. It did not say anything about lines, crowds, nor about how early people lined up.
Lines for Star Wars movies, and for Harry Potter books got far more coverage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter