Tear my plan apart please!

DizneyMommy

Every Day is Disneyland Day!
I have rethought this way too many times and I am still rethinking it. FP day tis Monday so I am out of time. Anyone care to optimize me? Not specific rides but more generally, which park which day and maximizing our time without burning out.

Some background - party of 7 with a toddler who is only 34" Ride priorities are FOP, Naavi, 7DMT, and Frozen. DL AP's so we don't need to ride anything that is identical to DL's version.

Not really interested in most of HS, especially anything we have here on the west coast. Thinking about ditching the HS morning all together since TS wont't have FP and TSL not open yet. Sounds like mayhem honestly lol.

Regular dining plan, and a couple of TS ADR's. Staying at Pop. I am using TP to optimize step by step but really keeping it lose so we can veer left for shiny objects when it suits us.

This is driving me to drink :confused: SO glad DL does not do FP+!!! I would straight lose. my. mind.

Attachments

• WDW - Sheet1-2.pdf
    64.6 KB · Views: 80
FOP Fastpasses are pretty difficult to get, so if you don't manage to pick one up then there's another way to ride it without wasting your day, so long as you don't mind waking up early. Simply get to Animal Kingdom about an hour before opening, and they usually start letting people in the park early. You'll manage to get on and off Flight of Passage without using too much park time.

Na'vi River Journey, although I haven't been there yet to experience it myself, seems to have much shorter lines than FOP and regardless it has a beautiful queue. Definitely worth the stand-by.

Animal Kingdom is a great park to knock-out in a half-day, especially if you do the big stuff in the morning. Try and get to the Safaris as early as possible since more animals will be out. Also Everest is great and isn't at all identical to Matterhorn in DL.

I would recommend not ditching the HS morning since Toy Story won't have a long line as long as you're there a rope drop, and Star Tours usually has a bearable walkthrough. Rock n Roller Coaster also is a great attraction not on the West Coast.

From what I have seen, the Fantasmic on the West Coast seems to be identical if not better than the WDW one, so don't worry about that one.

I would definitely suggest taking your time throughout the countries, trying the food, and taking a break (and maybe a nap) in the air-conditioned shows. It's a great way to just enjoy the atmosphere that is Disney. Maybe try this on your second Epcot day since it looks like you'll have some more time there, or split time in the countries between your first and second Epcot days.

FOP Fastpasses are pretty difficult to get, so if you don't manage to pick one up then there's another way to ride it without wasting your day, so long as you don't mind waking up early. Simply get to Animal Kingdom about an hour before opening, and they usually start letting people in the park early. You'll manage to get on and off Flight of Passage without using too much park time.

Na'vi River Journey, although I haven't been there yet to experience it myself, seems to have much shorter lines than FOP and regardless it has a beautiful queue. Definitely worth the stand-by.

Animal Kingdom is a great park to knock-out in a half-day, especially if you do the big stuff in the morning. Try and get to the Safaris as early as possible since more animals will be out. Also Everest is great and isn't at all identical to Matterhorn in DL.

I would recommend not ditching the HS morning since Toy Story won't have a long line as long as you're there a rope drop, and Star Tours usually has a bearable walkthrough. Rock n Roller Coaster also is a great attraction not on the West Coast.

From what I have seen, the Fantasmic on the West Coast seems to be identical if not better than the WDW one, so don't worry about that one.

I would definitely suggest taking your time throughout the countries, trying the food, and taking a break (and maybe a nap) in the air-conditioned shows. It's a great way to just enjoy the atmosphere that is Disney. Maybe try this on your second Epcot day since it looks like you'll have some more time there, or split time in the countries between your first and second Epcot days.

Thanks! I'm not down for braving the rope drop chaos with a stroller and party of 7, the videos I have seen of the crowd are terrifying lol. No one is interested in Everest or RnR luckily, so that makes that easier. TS and ST we could take or leave since ours here at DL are identical and have FP. I just don't what else is there that is worth a morning, since we are already going another evening for dinner and fireworks, and to hit up all of the Star Wars stuff.

And yes, our F! here is FAR better (IMO) though there are no bleachers so you have to duke it out for space like with fireworks. Last time we did F! at WDW I nearly died waiting on that ramp in the dark in the heat and humidity in August, crushed in among thousands of people (I don't do tight spaces well clearly, at least not with a stroller and children to lose!) and then we thought it was just so-so compared to ours.

World Showcase is my favorite, though not so much for a 2 year old. I think DH and I are going to sneak out one evening and go through it all again at adult speed with alcohol :-) and leave all of the kiddos with the grandparents!

I'm really crossing my fingers I can get at least FOP for FP+ and walk on Na'vi River. That is the one and only thing that the grandparents said was their must-do. I will fail at daughter-in-law life if I cannot get them!

hi there! i personally think your schedule looks great! stop overthinking! it's your vacation; make sure you have time to relax and check things out that interest you (even if they are not on the itinerary and possibly interfere with a fastpass!). the only advice i could give you is to just enjoy yourself and take it all in! have fun!

safe travels:angel:

I wouldn't go to BOG first thing in the morning. Better to have breakfast at your resort, then use that first precious rope drop hour to do lots of rides with short waits (anything besides Fantasyland and Tomorrowland would qualify). If you really want to eat at BOG, make it a lunch.

As for FOP and Na'vi, if you can't get FP+ and don't want to fight the mobs at rope drop (although Na'vi is pretty easy to ride then), then you can always line up just before closing time. The wait is always much shorter then.

which park which day and maximizing our time without burning out.
Your best tactic, especially with a little one will be to hit rope drop, tackle rides and start your FP by 10:30am. Do your 3 FP, have lunch and go back to the resort. Do not under estimate the power of the rope drop. We did MK at RD 2 days and were able to hit PPF one morning with a 10 minute wait and then the other morning we did pirates, splash and BTM all with 5 minute waits. Do not waste your FP on PPF -it is a nice ride but not worth the wait or the FP. hit it first, then move on to small world then put your mine train FP for 10:30. this might allow for little mermaid and the carousel.

You must get this FP first and hopefully you have scheduled your AK day for later in your trip. We found that putting it for early afternoon worked well so that we could do other things at AK before it was too busy (Kali and dinosaur). The masses of people go to pandora and the safari and maybe everest, so if you go opposite and hit dinosaru and then dino land -- you can save your FP for other rides or shows. Navi is not worth the wait and i don't feel is worth a FP -- It is short, very anticlimactic. I hit it during a special party night and we waited 20 minutes -- I didn't even think it was worth the 20 minute wait. I can't fathom waiting and hour or 2 for it.

couple of TS ADR's.
These ADR might be what dictates what parks you are at on what days.

I am using TP to optimize step by step but really keeping it lose so we can veer left for shiny objects when it suits us.
If you are using touring plans make sure your walking speed is set to relaxed or very relaxed -- this will build in some time for hitting a shop. Break up your days so that you can hit the park in the morning, an afternoon break at the resort and then back to a park for the evening. Even if the break is short it will give you a break from the crowds.

Just because there are rides you have done at DL you should still try them at WDW -- there are differences at many of them. Some are better some are not.

One of your ADR that is concerning is H&V -- is does not get great reviews -- If you are choosing to eat at HS then I would look for a brown derby (we just had and amazing filet there) or mama melrose -- much better restaurants. All TS at disney are expensive so you are better off paying money for a great meal than spending a lot on a crappy one.

I can't stress this enough - Really look at the maps when you are formulating your plan. I saw BTM down for your Wednesday then going over to mine train -- these are rather far apart . If you have multiple MK days then take a map draw a line and do one side of the park one day and the other side on your second day. You will appreciate avoiding fighting crowds getting from one side of the park to the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter