Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report - 1,500 pictures, dining reviews, and DISmeets!

Had a few days to catch up on...done!! I love reading this especially for all of your dining reviews! I think you ate at almost every place we picked to eat on our Dec trip!! LOL It helps to get your point of view! Y & Y is one that i am REALLY looking forward to!!

Alan, I just had to tell you. I got Yak & Yeti today for our AK day. I am so happy, especially after your second great review, that we're going back.

Hi Alan,
I just finished getting caught up on your TR. I’ve been seriously, seriously behind, so …
FIRST, belated Congrats on the successful opening of B.F. Dawgs! Your website is terrific! Your smokey mountain sundae looks divine. (But Alan, no Kramer’s muffin tops on the menu??)

The DISmeet pics look great. How nice you had a surprise guest. I love the fact that people were taking pics of you guys! Actually, all your pics are great. You have a way not only with taking pics, but in telling your story. No wonder you have so many followers on your TR.:goodvibes

We love O’hanas too … mmm the pot stickers, wings, and the MEAT!! We did get a ressie for our Sept trip (9:20 pm – that’s all they had, but hey, I’m in!).

Yak & Yeti looks wonderful … maybe on my next trip. BTW, I love EE too, one of my favs.:thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading more ...

Janet

So glad to hear the restaurant is taking off! :yay: Congratulations!

Can't wait to hear about Narcoossee!

Wow, I can't believe that empty pool!! Very cool!!

Looking forward to your dinner review!!

Great day Alan!

I can't wait to hear about Narcossee's. We will be dining there on Sept 17th! :woohoo:

I am impressed with the way you tour the parks. You take it easy relax and have a great pace. You see it all or all you want to see. We do comando touring. By the end of the week we are tired and patients are thin. Do you end up that way?

Yes, the Dig Site is calling me home. 38 more days!!!! And I became a fan of B.F. Dawgs on Facebook. :banana:

Ah yes...it won't be long now! Can't wait to read YOUR trip report and see YOUR CSR photos!

Oh, and thanks for becoming a B.F. Dawgs fan!

Wonderful AK pictures Alan! I'm loving your past few updates-what a truly magical day. :goodvibes:

We really enjoyed our meal at Y&Y too, we hope to go back soon and try it again!

Thanks, Brook! This day was really wonderful.

I joined your B.F. Dawgs page on Facebook too! :thumbsup2:

Cool! Did you see those pictures from opening day? I can't get them to load on photobucket, or I would share them with everyone.

I love no crowds.:cheer2: I can't agree with Elizabeth's love of Primeval Whirl. That ride HURT! I am glad she enjoyed it though.

No crowds rule! Nothing like early mornings and rainy weather to scare people away! Frankly, I'd rather deal with rain than heat.

Yeah, Primeval Whirl isn't for everyone. The first time I rode it, it kind of hurt me too...but not this time. Maybe that's because I was too busy trying to console poor Juliana!

I must chime in to give some props for Primeval Whirl.

That ride rocks!!

I certainly liked it much better this year than last year.

Hey

Been silently reading your TR. (Though I accidentaly made a post to your thread while thinking I was posting to another a few weeks back. :blush: )

Anyway love the report...and all the pictures...you do a much better job than I did taking Pictures...I forget I have a camera most of the time.

Hope BF Dawgs is going well. :thumbsup2

Welcome aboard! Thanks for the wonderful comments. In the days leading up to our trip, I had nightmares about being four or five days into our vacation and forgetting to take any pictures!! How sad is that?

B.F. Dawgs is going great! Thanks!

Sounds like you had a great day at Animal Kingdom, despite the weather! More people should take the weather in stride and enjoy the day the way Team Renfroe did!

On a sidenote, I was catching up on Dis TRs this past Saturday and was bummed I had reached your last update on this current TR, so I went back and read your TR from last year. Looked like a fantastic trip...great report! Just thought I'd mention it. :goodvibes

I totally agree - when you are on vacation, just take the weather in stride. Yes, it is inconvenient....but the tradeoff is that you get low crowds and no long waits.

Thanks for mentioning the previous trip report! We had a great time putting that one together, and I couldn't wait to get back and start this one this year!

Yep, that is the life!!!
How nice to have an empty pool!

Look at those sweet kids. You are a lucky man, Alan!

That's what Animal Kingdom looked like for us this trip, too. Lots of rain gear all around. :)

You are right - I AM a lucky man!

Ewwww Primevel Hurl. :rotfl: Makes me want to yak. :thumbsup2 Honestly I can ride the wickedest of roller coasters but things like PW and the teacups scare the crap outta me. Dumbo too. Darn thing just goes in a circle and makes me sick. :lmao:

You need to get a pic of the kids every year in that same spot now!

:rotfl2: Primeval Hurl! I haven't heard that one before! :rotfl2:

Isn't it funny how you can ride these mega-coasters and thrill rides, but something about spinning still makes ya queezy!

I've always thought that AK was a very "photogenic" park -your gorgeous photos capture it so well...

I'm really glad you liked Yak & Yeti-we'll be eating there next week...:woohoo: I wonder what they'd think if we tell them we'd prefer no waiters from Alabama...:confused3-they'll probably think we're some mean old Yankees...

Loved the pool pictures-especially the one with Juliana and Wil in front of the pyramid...

Hmm...I don't think there's too much tea-in those Long Island Iced Teas...:rolleyes1

Oh you lucky devil! Wish I were having Yak & Yeti for lunch today! YUM!

I think the dig site pool at Coronado Springs is the most awesome pool anywhere. I keep telling myself that we are going to reserve one day the next time we go just to hang out at the pool. (and Siesta's, of course!)

First yet another great Update Alan !! How cool to have the pool to yourselves !! Add me to the list of wanting Pix of the Hot Dawgs !!!!!

Thanks Rosie! Hopefully we can get some pictures of the restaurant posted soon.

"You are going to LOVE that wonton dessert. And the Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp is really good. The shrimp is fresh and fried in a delicious batter, and the steak is a skirt steak that is very tender. I'm sure this is probably one of their top selling dishes. And, YOU ARE WELCOME!! Can't wait to read about your upcoming trip! And you'd BETTER take food pics for all of us food junkies. LOVE the DxDDP!"

I already know that I am going to love it lol.. what's NOT to love?? I am glad that you liked the steak and shrimp, most people say it isn't great! iam stoked to try it! I will def be taking food pics! i did last year as well, but then was so overwhlemed when I got home, that I rarely posted them! Now I promise to post pics for you! if there is anything you want me to pay special attention to off my list, please let me know!

Again, thank you thank you thank you! your Tr alone has gotten me through the time I had to wait for my own trip! and your pics are absolutely kiling me with excitement to stay at CSR!! I just know I am going to love it! The pool alone is why we are staying there and your pics just sealed the deal even more! I also plan on getting a pic of Jack and Kayla at that same spot in the pool! CAN'T wait to hear your review on Narcooses! We have gotten an ADR 2 years in a row and 2 years in a ow have canceled it:sad2:

Love, love, LOVE CSR!!! When we originally booked this trip, we were going to stay at Pop Century in order to save some money. However, when Disney came out with the 'buy 4, get 3 free' deal, we upgraded to CSR. As you may know, last year was our very first trip to Disney and we stayed at CSR. As we pulled into Disney World this year I kept thinking to myself, "I can't even imagine having to drive by CSR to stay at Pop Century...it would feel like I was driving past my home!"

Narcoossee's review is on the way.

Had a few days to catch up on...done!! I love reading this especially for all of your dining reviews! I think you ate at almost every place we picked to eat on our Dec trip!! LOL It helps to get your point of view! Y & Y is one that i am REALLY looking forward to!!

Cool! I love doing dining reviews. You can probably tell from our pictures....we are a family that LOVES to eat.

Alan, I just had to tell you. I got Yak & Yeti today for our AK day. I am so happy, especially after your second great review, that we're going back.

Yay! I don't know if you like seared ahi tuna or not, but it is my favorite thing on the menu...closely followed by those fried wontons.

Hi Alan,
I just finished getting caught up on your TR. I’ve been seriously, seriously behind, so …
FIRST, belated Congrats on the successful opening of B.F. Dawgs! Your website is terrific! Your smokey mountain sundae looks divine. (But Alan, no Kramer’s muffin tops on the menu??)

The DISmeet pics look great. How nice you had a surprise guest. I love the fact that people were taking pics of you guys! Actually, all your pics are great. You have a way not only with taking pics, but in telling your story. No wonder you have so many followers on your TR.:goodvibes

We love O’hanas too … mmm the pot stickers, wings, and the MEAT!! We did get a ressie for our Sept trip (9:20 pm – that’s all they had, but hey, I’m in!).

Yak & Yeti looks wonderful … maybe on my next trip. BTW, I love EE too, one of my favs.:thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading more ...

Janet

Thanks for the congrats on the business! So far, so good.

Digital cameras are great, aren't they? I just keep my camera with me as we walk around, and I just snap random shots so that I can tell the story later. Doing the trip report actually helps me to relive the wonderful experience.

'Ohana reservations at 9:20? Wow...don't fall asleep in one of those dipping sauces! :rotfl2: Seriously though, great that you got reservations! I think on our next trip I would like to go here on our first night.

So glad to hear the restaurant is taking off! :yay: Congratulations!

Can't wait to hear about Narcoossee!

Narcoossee's review and pictures are loading into photobucket even as I type this post!

Wow, I can't believe that empty pool!! Very cool!!

Looking forward to your dinner review!!

Can you imagine having the entire pool to yourself? I mean, even though it was overcast, it was still like 80 degrees and no thunder. We certainly enjoyed that.

Great day Alan!

I can't wait to hear about Narcossee's. We will be dining there on Sept 17th! :woohoo:

One word: lobster

I am impressed with the way you tour the parks. You take it easy relax and have a great pace. You see it all or all you want to see. We do comando touring. By the end of the week we are tired and patients are thin. Do you end up that way?

I guess we sort of take an approach to touring the parks that is somewhere between commando-ish and steady. We try to keep in mind that we are on vacation, but when we first arrive at the parks we do as much as we can as fast as we can before the crowds get there. That way, we can sort of take a more relaxed pace later in the day. And even still, we end up VERY tired. You saw what happened to us on that Sunday at Epcot when we didn't have an afternoon break! Whew!

We were having an absolutely wonderful day on this day! Yes, it had been rainy...but we had made the best of it for sure. With the hurried pace of the first three days, this was the day that finally felt like we were actually on vacation.

After enjoying Animal Kingdom and an afternoon at the pool, it was time to go to dinner at Narcoossee's. It was rainy and dreary, but we were all in a good mood and ready for dinner. We took the bus to the Magic Kingdom.

04-192.jpg

04-193.jpg

04-194.jpg

Once we arrived at the Magic Kingdom, we took the ferry boat over to the Grand Floridian and Narcoossee's.

04-195.jpg

04-197.jpg

04-198.jpg

04-202.jpg

04-199.jpg

04-200.jpg

04-201.jpg

We arrived about 10 minutes before our reservations and we were seated within 5 minutes.

04-205.jpg

04-206.jpg

Coming up next - dinner at Narcoossee's and the end of Day 4.

Loving the reports BFM! We'll be at CSR next week, and we're renting a car, but we might bus it over to MK. What was your CSR bus experience for the week?

first off.. you suck.. way to leave us hanging! but cute pics thus far..now omnto commenting what you commented on my comment:confused3

Alan replied:

"Love, love, LOVE CSR!!! When we originally booked this trip, we were going to stay at Pop Century in order to save some money. However, when Disney came out with the 'buy 4, get 3 free' deal, we upgraded to CSR. As you may know, last year was our very first trip to Disney and we stayed at CSR. As we pulled into Disney World this year I kept thinking to myself, "I can't even imagine having to drive by CSR to stay at Pop Century...it would feel like I was driving past my home!"

Narcoossee's review is on the way."

Now i say, yay for you getting that 4 for 3 deal. John and I kinda wanna try a new hotel next year, just for new experiences and story telling, but I have a sneaking suspiscion I am going to love CSR too much! I'm actually sad to not be staying at an aAll Stars.. i fel so greateful for those value resorts to be there. other wise i would have never been able to afford our first two trips! All star movies will always hold a special place in my heart!

and yeah yeah yeah... get to the review! ;)

All caught up. We loved Y&Y as well. Even the kids! When you guys thinking of going again?? There are a couple of us MMM's going again in May. Just sayin......

OOOOOOO! Narcoossee's is another one that we were considering for our December trip...between that and California Grill!

Loving the reports BFM! We'll be at CSR next week, and we're renting a car, but we might bus it over to MK. What was your CSR bus experience for the week?

Thanks! Hope you have a WONDERFUL time at CSR! Our bus experience was mostly positive. We did have one morning where we had reservations at Crystal Palace inside the Magic Kingdom...and the bus wait ended up being 50 minutes! I was NOT happy about that at all. (More on that in the report).

Anyway, have an AWESOME time and take lots of pictures!

first off.. you suck.. way to leave us hanging! but cute pics thus far..now omnto commenting what you commented on my comment:confused3

Alan replied:

"Love, love, LOVE CSR!!! When we originally booked this trip, we were going to stay at Pop Century in order to save some money. However, when Disney came out with the 'buy 4, get 3 free' deal, we upgraded to CSR. As you may know, last year was our very first trip to Disney and we stayed at CSR. As we pulled into Disney World this year I kept thinking to myself, "I can't even imagine having to drive by CSR to stay at Pop Century...it would feel like I was driving past my home!"

Narcoossee's review is on the way."

Now i say, yay for you getting that 4 for 3 deal. John and I kinda wanna try a new hotel next year, just for new experiences and story telling, but I have a sneaking suspiscion I am going to love CSR too much! I'm actually sad to not be staying at an aAll Stars.. i fel so greateful for those value resorts to be there. other wise i would have never been able to afford our first two trips! All star movies will always hold a special place in my heart!

and yeah yeah yeah... get to the review! ;)

Uh....yes....I know I suck. And I just KNEW you were going to be the one to call me on it! :rotfl2: I had full intentions of going ahead and posting the Narcoossee's chapter immediately after this last chapter, but work got in the way. Wouldn't you know it?

Yes, I am very glad they have those value resorts also. I would rather stay at a value resort ON property than a luxury place OFF property...simply because I love being at Disney World! I would hate to leave the property everyday! That being said, there will probably be a trip in our not-too-distant future where we stay off property and do Universal Studios, Sea World, etc......but not until the kids are older.

I like your report and pics. Thank you so much.

Thanks very much!

All caught up. We loved Y&Y as well. Even the kids! When you guys thinking of going again?? There are a couple of us MMM's going again in May. Just sayin......

Hi Mary! Hope all is well with you and your wonderful family. Right now, we have no idea for sure when we will be going back....I only know it would be May of next year at the earliest. Also, Elizabeth wants to go for her 40th birthday, which will be in 2012. SO....we don't know yet. Personally, I would love to go in May again. I'm all about the MMM! I guess it all depends on how many hot dogs we can sell?!?! :rotfl2:

OOOOOOO! Narcoossee's is another one that we were considering for our December trip...between that and California Grill!

Oohh, that's a tough one, but I would have to go with California Grill. There is absolutely NOTHING like being on the top floor of the Contemporary Resort eating sushi and watching Wishes from the balcony. Ahhh.....that's a Disney moment. We felt like such VIPs up there!

I'm all caught up- can't wait for more!!

More on the way!

Goodness gracious....I go to Disney for 10 days and miss pages and pages of posts. All caught up now and looking forward to reading more.

Our dinner at Narcoossee's was very pleasant. We had eaten here last year and enjoyed it, but if it were up to Elizabeth and I, we probably would not have eaten here again this year in order to try somewhere new. However, Wil was INSISTENT about eating at Narcoossee's again this year! He LOVED it last year! It was the first time he had ever eaten lobster, and he couldn't wait to go back again this year!

Honestly, I'm glad we did go back. It is a beautiful restaurant with blue linen tablecloths, nice china, etc.

Again, we were given special menus celebrating our anniversary.

04-203.jpg

Elizabeth and I both ordered drinks. Last year I had the raspberry mojito and it was fantastic. This year, Elizabeth decided to order the raspberry mojito and I ordered the blackberry mojito.

04-207.jpg

Uh...I should have stayed with the raspberry mojito. I had never had a blackberry mojito, and I didn't care for it. Elizabeth's raspberry mojito, however, was terrific.

04-208.jpg

On our way into the dining area, I happened to see the fried shrimp appetizer on someone's table. Wow....did it look great! I was going to get the crab cakes again this year, but I decided to order the Fried Gulf Shrimp instead. Nice move! It was excellent!

04-209.jpg

Elizabeth and Wil both ordered the crab cakes. They were excellent, but not as good as the ones we had at The Flying Fish.

04-210.jpg

04-211.jpg

Juliana got the fresh fruit appetizer.

04-212.jpg

For her dinner entree, Juliana got the cheeseburger and french fries:

04-213.jpg

Elizabeth, Wil and I all ordered the Whole Maine Lobster. Now THIS is the reason why we like the Deluxe Dining Plan!! Bring those bad boys on!

04-214.jpg

04-215.jpg

04-216.jpg

Here is one happy boy!

04-217.jpg

04-218.jpg

For dessert, I got a nice creme brulee:

04-219.jpg

I can't remember what Wil's dessert was. He was too full to eat it anyway:

04-220.jpg

Elizabeth got the Chocolate Cake with ice cream

04-221.jpg

After dinner, we walked from Narcoossee's to the main building at the Grand Floridian. There was a live band and they were great! We enjoyed a few songs, then caught the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom. When we got to the Magic Kingdom, we went straight to the bus stop and there was a bus there waiting for us!

04-222.jpg

On the bus ride back to Coronado Springs, Juliana fell asleep. Wil looked over at me and said, "Dad, this was THE best day ever." WOW! That was it! That was the magic Disney moment for me. That is what makes the whole thing worth every penny. Wil was absolutely right! We had a wonderful morning touring Animal Kingdom, a terrific lunch at Yak & Yeti, a rainy but fun afternoon, an entire pool to ourselves for the afternoon, and a great dinner at Narcoossee's with fresh Whole Maine Lobster!! Yeah, this was a great day!

Coming up next - we've been at Disney World for four whole days and still haven't been inside the Magic Kingdom! Day 5 will begin with breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace. Stay Tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter