• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TEAM MICKEY--Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge!

Thanks for all the support. I did talk to his neurologist today, in person. He showed me the MRI and we talked about the extra vein in relation to other veins in his brain. The other larger veins are similar in size to the extra and the extra isn't causing any trouble. Both the neurologist and the neurosurgeon are in agreement that he can continue normal activities including snowboarding and lacrosse with no restrictions. The symptoms that he is experiencing are not related to the brain discovery. His symptoms are not life threatening and will probably continue for a while and most likely will disappear at some point. It could be somthing that he's eating an additive in somthing, it could be that he has grown so fast the vessels in his neck haven't caught up, it could be migranes manifesting in an abnormal way. For now it is watch and see and possibly journal. Overall I feel reassured though I wish I could make the symptoms go away.

:grouphug: It is always more comforting to have a definite answer but sounds like a decent diagnosis.

Thank you so much for sharing. These recipes look wonderful. I need something easy to make for breakfast. That is one of the best things I can do to lose weight - eat breakfast. I'm lazy first thing in the morning so need something easy.

They are yummy, filling & satisfying. My DH was a little skeptical about me cooking eggs in the micro at first but he's digging them now!

Hello teammates. Had my weigh-in at the WW meeting and I was down another 7.6 pounds. I have reached my 5% goal and am well on my way to hitting the 10% goal soon. Plus I have just completed week #2 of P90X.

Dave

Welcome to Healthy Habits!

My name is CC (short for Christina) and I will be your Healthy Habits coach for BL 11. I love the BL challenges and Healthy Habits has helped me significantly in achieving many of my goals.

Some Background Information: Thanks to donac (Dona-hostess of Team Donald) and jenanderson for their amazing help so I know how to coach! I couldn’t do this without seeing them in action previously. I will be continuing the prizes that Jen started.

Here’s How Healthy Habits Works: Each week there will be 3 Healthy Habits (HH) to complete. The first two HHs will always be drinking water and exercising. (Note: The amount and time will increase throughout the challenge!) At the end of each week, you will tally up the number of points you earned for the week and send me a private message with your total. Here’s an example. For Week 1, the 3 HHs are drink Six 8 oz. glasses of water a day, exercise a minimum of 20 minutes per day, and eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day. If on 4 days you get in all 3 HHs, you would report your points like this:

4/6 days of drinking water
4/6 days of exercising
4/6 days of eating veggies
Your total points (ex: 12/18) should be in the subject of your PM.

This is a team competition. On/about Tuesday evening, I will post the week’s results. I will share the number of participants on each team and the top scorers on each team. New for BL 11: I will also list the people who earned 7/7 on one or more of the HHs for the week. If you participated on the team with the most participants, you will be entered into a drawing for the week's prize. Each prize will have something to do with the 3rd Healthy Habit for the week. I will post the winner and ask that you PM me your contact information. (Please Note: If you do not wish to be entered into the drawing, please let me know in your PM. I understand people’s WISHes for privacy.)

Participation in Healthy Habits is entirely optional, but I encourage you to participate and help your team be on top for the week. Good luck on your journey and I hope that HHs helps you as much as it continues to help me!

Welcome to Health Habits Week 3

Week 1 is 1/14-1/20

This week's 3 Healthy Habits are:
1) Drink Six 8 oz. glasses of water.
2) Exercise a minimum of 20 minutes a day.
3) Eat at least 2 servings of fruit a day.

At the end of the week, please PM me your points. I will post the results on/about Tuesday. Don't forget, this is a team competition!

If you have any questions, please free to ask.

Hello teammates. Had my weigh-in at the WW meeting and I was down another 7.6 pounds. I have reached my 5% goal and am well on my way to hitting the 10% goal soon. Plus I have just completed week #2 of P90X.

Dave

I don't have a goal for you on my chart! PM me your goal so you can be included in that list as well.

How scary. I'm sure that God has a plan for all of our children and trust me my faith has been tested more than once. Enjoy every minute with your kids and don't let the darkside overcome you. It's much easier said than done, but none the less we have to live life now and enjoy every minute.
I realize that sounded like we thought she was a golden child or something, I do think He has a plan for all our children. I don't know why I was so maudlin about it yesterday?? I am trying so hard to just enjoy every minute!!!

Good morning all! Starting out stressed this morning....the alarm on my phone doesn't work, so we were late getting out the door to get my 4 year old to preschool.
YIKES! I hate it when that happens, it just sets my whole day off wrong! I love that you and your DH date often!!!

HI everyone!I need your help- what are some WW/diet friendly football foods?
I made "taco soup", or my version of it the other night. It was yummy, filling, and felt like a party food. Just canned tomatoes, corn, taco seasoning mix, kidney beans, rotel, canned green chilies. There are lots of variations on it. I did add meat to mine (venison) but you could leave it out... Fruit/veg tray are also good ideas.

We ordered a pizza to share. They brought the pizza and asked if we needed anything else. I requested plates, which I thought would be a simple request. We were told that they did not have any plates.
No plates???? YIKES!!! You bonded over bonded cheese. :lmao: Sounds like a memory, for sure!

Yes this is the first time Mom heard this, but sometimes its better not to know. She has always had a good head on her shoulders and I knew she used it.:love:
That's too cute! If you want to quote one person, you can click the quote button at the bottom, and what they said will appear on the screen in brackets. Leave all that alone, and just reply under it. If you want to quote two or more, one the first, click the + button under the first ones you want to quote, and then click quote on the last. Hope that makes sense. You two are too cute!

She went back last weekend for school to start on Monday. Wonder what they've been doing all this time....(or maybe I don't want to know, LOL). I weighed myself this morning and it looks like almost 5 lbs are gone! I cannot wait to hit my next mile marker, which will put me into a new group of 10's that I haven't seen since my pg. 3 years ago. WW is really working well for me, mainly because I have to enter it all in online and it stops the binge eating (you know, if one tastes really good then 3 or 4 taste even better!).
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!! It really seems like the new WW is working for lots of people! I love that you have Disney friends to share the obsession with!!! I wish I had some IRL friends that get it as much as we do!

Feeling much better today. I plan on getting in a workout when I get home and maybe another tonight if I have the energy! I think my body was missing the Herbalife stuff. So glad to have some energy back!
Glad you are getting back to your bouncy self!!!

she always talks to me about him like he is this wonderful guy and inside my head I am thinking "gag me with a spoon":lmao: So he is having lunch tomorrow with the president and HR. Now he feels bad as if he is back stabbing but its to the point that he needs to look out for himself.
I haven't heard that expression in YEARS!!! :lmao: It's not back stabbing, if he's not getting the support he needs, he is taking the appropriate steps. Sending prayers his way at lunchtime today! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COACHING THIS WEEK WITH ALL YOU HAVE HAD GOING ON!!!!! THEY WERE FUN!

Hi Team Mickey. I miss some of you guys. Jus thought some of you guys who have been with me over the last couple of months. My knee is about 80% better and I am going back to yoga tonight.
Hey Dona!!! Thanks for dropping in!

I've spent most of the day lounging in my pjs. I'm probably in the next few minutes going to get up, change clothes, and get on the treadmill, maybe a little work out will get my mind off of everything.
Hope you got up and got on the treadmill. Sometimes distraction is the only thing that works, and exercise defintely enhances your mood!!!

Taryn – If all goes as planned, he will be with us until June. It is going to be SUCH a busy 5 months – we have something going on nearly every weekend between now and Mother’s Day. I wish the wait for college decision letters were behind us, but we are waiting, waiting, waiting….
Well, I unexpectedly had a hearing this morning so I didn’t get up and go to my WW meeting. I I am thinking that walking a mile round-trip to court today with a briefcase in 22 degree weather should count double. What do you think? Perfect excuse to get rid of all those clothes I still have in each of 4-5 sizes larger than what I am wearing now.:
Good grief Cam. 4-5 sizes larger? GET RID OF THAT JUNK!!!! YOU WON'T EVER NEED IT AGAIN! I would definitely say that walk could count double. Your body will be in calorie burn mode just shivering to get warm!!! Sorry your hearing was unexpected this am, but good for you going to the meeting. Sending prayers that Andrew goes where he is meant! You're going to have that poor fella sooo tired by the time you drag him all over the East Coast, but he'll love it!!!:lmao:

If you have a Wii and love to dance, you need to have the Just Dance games! I just did 4 dances on Just Dance 2: Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, Monster Mash, Walk Like and Egyptian and a song that I didn't know! :hug:to all that need them! I feel bad that I haven't been answering too many of the QOTD and responding to many people! This week should be better since I actually know what I'm doing now! LOL!!!! I'm excited to get all the weigh ins instead of :scared1: like last week!
We have JD1, I am hoping that Mil and FIl got Sophie JD2 for her birthday. Sounds like fun! I am glad you feel more secure with the weigh ins!

Taryn--I think you asked what core I am doing--basically whatever the evil strength instructor;) makes us do when I go to strength twice a week. She loves dynamic stuff and planks and pushups and all kinds of other awful things!I had a good day. Got a lot accomplished at work, and ran 4 miles at the Y with Mike.
Just a little reminder for tomorrow:

PM your CURRENT WEIGHT along with your TEAM NAME to tigger813.

PM your HH points to cclovesdis. (Total points and points for each activity. Example 12/21 total, water 5/7, exercise 7/7, tracking 0/7.)

Re quoted the instructions, reminders never hurt. That strength class sounds like .... torturous fun! How long does it last? That's sweet that you and Mike dreadmilled together!

I just got my kids to bed and got out their Steelers jerseys to wear to school tomorrow.
Too cute!

We are planning a week at Disney in December with my daughters and their boyfriends. My mother & aunt are invited for 4 days as well. I love planning Disney vacations.
Me, too. I'd love to open a service to help people plan their trips. I had a friend send me an email yesterday saying her daughter wanted a princess lunch or dinner in Nov. and asked "Which would is best without costing a fortune?" She really, really does not want to go back to WDW, they went 2 years ago. I just laughed. She's always thinking how many orders of cheese fries she could get at Outback for a WDW meal...

Good Evening Team Mickey!!Kept up with my workouts this week!! Feeling great about that!!!! Need to find a way to eat all my points...with fruits and veggies 0 sometimes I find it hard to eat all my points!!! Water :thumbsup2 Best part of the week, made it through our Biology meeting without tasting the donuts or endulging in the pizza!!!!
NEXT VACATION: In 12 short days I will be back at my Happy Place with my BFF WOOT WOOT!!
Hey, can I be your new BFF and tag along? ;) HAVE FUN!!!

Thank you so much for sharing. These recipes look wonderful. I need something easy to make for breakfast. That is one of the best things I can do to lose weight - eat breakfast.
It's not the best option, but I have to have easy breakfast,too. Kashi bars and a glass of milk are my kryptonite! Fill me up, the ones with nuts have a bit of protein, totally does the trick!

Thanks for all the support. I did talk to his neurologist today, in person. He showed me the MRI and we talked about the extra vein in relation to other veins in his brain. It could be somthing that he's eating an additive in somthing, it could be that he has grown so fast the vessels in his neck haven't caught up, it could be migranes manifesting in an abnormal way. For now it is watch and see and possibly journal. Overall I feel reassured though I wish I could make the symptoms go away.
WOW, that's pretty amibigous list of what could be causing them. I think journaling would really help rule out a food issue.... How is he handling all this?

They are yummy, filling & satisfying. My DH was a little skeptical about me cooking eggs in the micro at first but he's digging them now!
I like micro cooked eggs! I was skeptical at first, too, but as long as you don't over cook, they are fine.

:worship::cool1::yay::woohoo::dance3: YOU ARE ROCKING DAVE!!!!!!

Welcome to Healthy Habits!
No so fast my friend. How are you?

BRB

CC-I plan on doing the HH this week! I do all 3 of those everyday anyways!

Started off the day doing 2.5 miles on the elliptical on level 3 friction so I burned off a lot of calories. I actually may end up with a loss this week, small but a loss is a loss. Hoping to hold myself together between now and Sunday so I won't have to work so hard next week! Things should be back to normal around here.

Going to work this morning for at least a while. I got half a pedicure yesterday. Today I actually get the polish on my toes! I have to return cans and bottles and pick up some bottles of stuff for this weekend! Then I have to go to the cheap grocery store to get the rest of what we need for our football party on Sunday! I'm planning on shakes for breakfast and lunch on Sunday so then I can enjoy food during the game.

This afternoon I will do today's EASA2 workout and then hopefully do some more Just Dance! I may do more elliptical if my on demand is working and has Grey's Anatomy from last night! I ended up watching Rudy this morning! Great inspirational movie! Love Sean Astin!!!!!

Received 5 weigh ins this morning so far! I'll do mine before I get in the shower!

Time to go make Ashleigh's lunch!

Have a magical day and PLEASE don't forget your TEAM NAME!!!!!

WELCOME TO THE BEGINNING OF WEEK 3!!! I'm Taryn and I will be your coach this week!! You know my every thought,:lmao: but just as a recap - Lost 68 pounds last year, largely due to BL challenge. I gained a bit over the holiday season, and have about 6 lbs to go to get back to my lowest, then I want to loose 2 more to get to a nice even 70 pound loss.

QOTD FRIDAY 1/14: So, we've had two weeks on this journey together. Time for a little introspection. ;) What have you learned about yourself thus far?

For me, I've re-learned that good food makes me feel better, water in mass quantities is my BFF, and being at home makes regular meals a lot harder! I've also learned that I have to have focus, weigh daily, and make conscious decisions about every lick, taste, and smidge that goes in! Eating the crust off DD's pb&j is still calories!

GET THOSE HH POINTS TO CC. DON'T FORGET TO PUT TEAM MICKEY. EVEN IF YOU GET 1 POINT (1 DAY OF DRINKING WATER, ETC) SEND IT IN. WE WANT TO KICK SOME DUCK HINEY THIS WEEK!!!

DON'T FORGET TO MESSAGE YOUR WEIGHT TO TRACEY! TEAM MICKEY AND YOUR WEIGHT IN THE MESSAGE LINE, NOT YOUR LOSS!

Have a GREAT weigh in!

Kept up with my workouts this week!! Feeling great about that!!!! Need to find a way to eat all my points...with fruits and veggies 0 sometimes I find it hard to eat all my points!!! Water :thumbsup2 Best part of the week, made it through our Biology meeting without tasting the donuts or endulging in the pizza...SCORE FOR ME!!!

NEXT VACATION: In 12 short days I will be back at my Happy Place with my BFF WOOT WOOT!!
Great job on skipping the donuts! And how exciting to have a trip coming up so soon!

Thank you so much for sharing. These recipes look wonderful. I need something easy to make for breakfast. That is one of the best things I can do to lose weight - eat breakfast. I'm lazy first thing in the morning so need something easy.
I think you will find if you get into a habit of eating breakfast everyday, you will miss it when you don't.

Thanks for all the support. I did talk to his neurologist today, in person. He showed me the MRI and we talked about the extra vein in relation to other veins in his brain. The other larger veins are similar in size to the extra and the extra isn't causing any trouble. Both the neurologist and the neurosurgeon are in agreement that he can continue normal activities including snowboarding and lacrosse with no restrictions. The symptoms that he is experiencing are not related to the brain discovery. His symptoms are not life threatening and will probably continue for a while and most likely will disappear at some point. It could be somthing that he's eating an additive in somthing, it could be that he has grown so fast the vessels in his neck haven't caught up, it could be migranes manifesting in an abnormal way. For now it is watch and see and possibly journal. Overall I feel reassured though I wish I could make the symptoms go away.
Deb--I'm sorry they couldn't tell you anything more specific. DS started getting migraines in 5th grade. We didn't even realize they were migraines because he didn't complain about the headaches so much as the nausea--he projectile vomitted when he had them. It was lovely.:thumbsup2 Anyhow his two really big triggers were caffeine and nitrates--any caffeine at all and nitrates are found in so many of kids favorite foods. If he had a 1/2 a coke on Saturday he would have a migraine on Monday. The other thing we found that really helped was consistent sleep--so we cut out the sleepovers. It was hard, but he was getting migraines every week. Tom was growing so much in middle school that I think that's why it was so bad during that time. He still gets migraines--but it's when he is not taking care of himself, and he knows it. Anyhow, hang in there.:hug:

Dave
Great job Dave!!! How are you feeling from the p90x?

CC--thank you for being our HH coach! I hope you are doing ok.:goodvibes

WELCOME TO THE BEGINNING OF WEEK 3!!! I'm Taryn and I will be your coach this week!! You know my every thought,:lmao: but just as a recap - Lost 68 pounds last year, largely due to BL challenge. I gained a bit over the holiday season, and have about 6 lbs to go to get back to my lowest, then I want to loose 2 more to get to a nice even 70 pound loss.

QOTD FRIDAY 1/14: So, we've had two weeks on this journey together. Time for a little introspection. ;) What have you learned about yourself thus far?

For me, I've re-learned that good food makes me feel better, water in mass quantities is my BFF, and being at home makes regular meals a lot harder! I've also learned that I have to have focus, weigh daily, and make conscious decisions about every lick, taste, and smidge that goes in! Eating the crust off DD's pb&j is still calories!

GET THOSE HH POINTS TO CC. DON'T FORGET TO PUT TEAM MICKEY. EVEN IF YOU GET 1 POINT (1 DAY OF DRINKING WATER, ETC) SEND IT IN. WE WANT TO KICK SOME DUCK HINEY THIS WEEK!!!

DON'T FORGET TO MESSAGE YOUR WEIGHT TO TRACEY! TEAM MICKEY AND YOUR WEIGHT IN THE MESSAGE LINE, NOT YOUR LOSS!

Have a GREAT weigh in!

Thanks for coaching this week and thanks for the the reminder about how to PM Tracey and CC! We want to make things as easy as possible for them!

QOTD--what have I learned???? I will be honest here, this has been a cruddy start to the year for us. We are still in shock about Mike's sister's death. Then this week a girl that I've gone to girl's night out with who was 35 died of ovarian cancer that she was not diagnosed with until she recently went to the hospital with what they thought was pneumonia. It's scaring the crud out of me and I have been fighting off the depression demons. I have been having to really push myself to exercise and eat well. I'm doing better with the exercise than the food. So what have I learned--that I can keep going through the hard times. I don't have to be perfect, just keep moving forward. Eating crappy food does not make me feel better, it just makes me feel crappy. And as much as I have been having to DRAG myself to the Y, I always feel better after I workout. I am very grateful to be here and to have my health and that my family is healthy.:goodvibes

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!:goodvibes

QOTD, What I have learned?

That I drink and eat way too many empty calories. At first I thought I was not "that bad", until I added them all up everyday. My eating is very poor in nutrition.

So like everyone else here, when I eat good, I feel better.

I am still "getting well" so not my optimum self here yet, which is SOOO irritating. It is a hindrance here for me.:headache: Rose and Mike, I need to push through it like you are.

I think one of the things that drags me down is that my sister is going through a tough time and it is anxiety filled which is not HELPING me. However I have to give her support at this time in her life. She needs it badly.

Good Luck to everyone on their weigh ins today. Remember even if you blew it, you can start fresh TODAY!!!! Always a chance to do better.:goodvibes

I think I need to schedule my time everyday. I am going to work on that today. I have to get strict with myself.

WELCOME TO THE BEGINNING OF WEEK 3!!!

I thought I'd have to be a runner again to lose weight. I read so much about people training for 5k, 10k, half and full marathons as part of their weight loss journey. And I use to be a runner and was skinny.

For me now, running is not all that fun. I will hit my treadmill now and again (too snowy & icey to run outside here), but by cutting back on the carbs, wine
and portion sizes, my Jazzercise classes have been enough! :woohoo:
And those I enjoy!!

So, bottom line, it's a balance between your choice of exercise and not overeating... pretty simple to say, challenging but rewarding to accomplish.

Hope you all had a good week!

Marcy

Marcy--I agree. I think the important thing is to find exercise that you like and that you will stick with.:goodvibes

This was in Runner's World. I thought it was pretty interesting. It talks about the marathon that the contestants run. I personally think they overtrain a bit:thumbsup2, but they have a team of folks to help them out. For the rest of us, I think it's just motivation that we can do things that we never thought we could!

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304--13783-1-1X2X3X4X5X6X7-8,00.html

QOTD- What have you learned?

That a lot of my stomach issues disappear when I don't eat junky processed food. I love walking every night with my husband. My goal doesn't have to be to look like I did in a bikini when I was 20, just to be the best version of me I can be now

I am new to the team!

I usually am just a reader, but I have to get my # of posts up so I can send a PM!

QOTD FRIDAY 1/14: So, we've had two weeks on this journey together. Time for a little introspection. What have you learned about yourself thus far?

What I have learned is that I can make the better choices. I can stick to the plan.

I am learning several things:
1) I don't hate exercise as much as I thought I did.
2) I can drink water instead of diet soda.
3) Most days I can make good food choices.

I am really trying not to call it a diet this time - this is how I'm choosing to live for the rest of my life. If I can learn to make good choices most days - then the days when someone offers me pie for dessert, or we go out to eat, I can go ahead and enjoy that because a treat once in a while isn't how I gained weight - it was every day decisions that got me here. I'm also not looking ahead to a certain date or goal this time - I just hope to be a healthy size by this time next year!!!
Good luck Team Mickey!! Hope you all have great weigh ins this week!!!

My cousin found this from a friend of hers on facebook. http://www.myfitnesspal.com

I used it yesterday, as I am normally not a calorie counter. I wanted to see how close I was coming to what I should be eating. As it turned out, I have been doing pretty well. So, I gave myself a pat on the back. What I really liked about it was a estimate of what I would weigh in 5 weeks if I kept eating and exercising as I did yesterday..I could actually reach my goal. That is pretty good motivation right there. I just thought I would share this with all of you. Counting calories does stink..but it is a science that does work. Even if you use it like me to just check in on yourself once an a while, and see how you are doing...it could help.

Now, I need to paint the ceiling in my kitchen...I have been putting it off for a few hours now, I even vacuumed to get out of doing it. Talk about procrastination!

I hope everyone has a healthy and happy day!
Red

QOTD FRIDAY 1/14: So, we've had two weeks on this journey together. Time for a little introspection. What have you learned about yourself thus far?

I have always heard that if I really wanted to lose weight I would have to completely change the way I eat. This terrified me. I didn't think I could live with out chips and candy and burgers and pizza. Everything I loved. But, I have learned that if I truly commit myself, I can make it happen. And more importantly, I don't miss those things that I thought I loved. If I can do this, I can do anything.

1. I am not the only one with this situation (no brainer, but sometimes you feel like you ar alone)
2. I do not have to "stuff" myself to feel satisfied.
3. Working out makes you feel good about yourself.
4. Good teammates make for light work.

I have learned:

1) My body doesn't respond as quickly as it did right after surgery
2) Making time for me is harder than I thought it would be.
3) I don't have to do it alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter