• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TEAM MICKEY--Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge!

Come on Team Mickey!!!!! Donald Duck is kicking some major butt so far! We've got some great weigh ins as well!

The weigh ins are pouring in!!! I was gone for 10 minutes and had 6 more PMs!!!! Amazing! Keep it up! I'll be back on later to put in more!!!!

I made need to take Fridays off from work just to do this!!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Have a magical day!!!!!

TTFN :tigger:

:cheer2::yay::woohoo::banana::cool1: DOWN 6 POUNDS!!!!!

Now, I had an unfair "advantage", because I had a bit of post car-ride bloat on weigh in day (usually about 3-4 pounds). TOO EXCITED, though!

Woo! Hoo! Taryn! :cool1: You go, girl! :cheer2:

Good luck to all the TEAM MICKEY folks for weigh in!

Vija and Deb good thoughts and pixiedust: for you both today. :flower3:

:cool1: down 2.6 lbs :cool1:

I am very happy. U have felt a bit under the weather and stressed! SO this was a good weight loss!!

Vija and Deb sending prayers! :hug:

So excited to be back and moving again! My foot has been awful since mid October, I think it was a heel bruise. Yesterday was the first 4mile walk I have done since then....so happy to be moving again!

Come on Team Mickey!!!!! Donald Duck is kicking some major butt so far! We've got some great weigh ins as well!

The weigh ins are pouring in!!! I was gone for 10 minutes and had 6 more PMs!!!! Amazing! Keep it up! I'll be back on later to put in more!!!!

Have a magical day!!!!!

That's awesome! Go Team Mickey!!! I forgot to put team Mickey in my PM. Sorry about the mix up. I'll get it down next time.

QOTD- 1/7/11 Friday-

What are your plans for the weekend? and what changes or plans are you making to be sure you stay on plan?

Plans for this weekend include . . . um . . . I don't think we have anything planned for this weekend. My 3 year old daughter has dance class on Sunday, but other than that we are free. It's kinda nice not having the whole weekend planned down to the second.

To stay on plan, I plan on staying out of the kitchen as much as possible. I find that is when I am most susceptible to cravings, when I see everything right in front of me. My wife and I are on the Sonoma Diet and we are thrilled with the first week results, so we are motivated to keep it going though the weekend.

I'm amazed. I had a very off-plan week and I am down 1.1 pounds! :banana:

Now, if only I had an OP week :rolleyes1

Good job! I'm down 1 lb too, but thought it would be more due to 3 days not eating much and not keeping it down. Oh well, I guess not exercising much didn't help either those days. I can only improve the next week when I have more control over my body.

Just sent my weigh-in in!

This weekend's plans: cleaning the house! I need to get this place tidy, it's frightening looking. I have a 8 mile run scheduled for Saturday afternoon.

Hoping to work on meal planning for the next week, too.

Congrats to everyone! I unfortunately had no change but I was sick all week. So, hopefully time to get moving this week!!!!:yay:

QOTD?

Plans for the weekend?

19yoDD goes back to school Sun. DH is going to have to drive her. He plans on renting a car dolly and driving her back. She is just not 100% after getting her wisdom teeth out on Mon, and we don't want to have her wore out for first day classes on Mon.

Plans for the week to continue forward?

I have to really get down and dirty with the menu planning. Granted I was sick, dd got her wisdom teeth out and it has just been a weird week but a lot of my weeks are weird so I need to stop with the excuses. ;)

If I do not plan, I mess up and that is where my weakest link is. Why is it so hard to come up with food to eat. Oh I know, we have reflux and eat things plain. I really need to develop a customized reflux diet for us I think.

Way to go!

:cheer2::yay::woohoo::banana::cool1: DOWN 6 POUNDS!!!!!

Now, I had an unfair "advantage", because I had a bit of post car-ride bloat on weigh in day (usually about 3-4 pounds). TOO EXCITED, though!

:cool1: That is awesome!

Have a magical day!!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to keep track!

I am very happy. U have felt a bit under the weather and stressed! SO this was a good weight loss!!

Vija and Deb sending prayers! :hug:

Way to go!!

Good job! I'm down 1 lb too, but thought it would be more due to 3 days not eating much and not keeping it down. Oh well, I guess not exercising much didn't help either those days. I can only improve the next week when I have more control over my body.

Hope you are feeling better.
Just sent my weigh-in in!

This weekend's plans: cleaning the house! I need to get this place tidy, it's frightening looking. I have a 8 mile run scheduled for Saturday afternoon.

Hoping to work on meal planning for the next week, too.

8 miles - wow. I wish I could get into running.

Congrats to everyone! I unfortunately had no change but I was sick all week. So, hopefully time to get moving this week!!!!:yay:

Hope you are feeling better.

Good morning!

I am down 5.8 for the week! :cool1:

Got about 5 inches of snow overnight and our snowblower is broken so I was out there shoveling this morning. Supposed to get more this weekend. Hopefully the snowblower parts will come soon.

QOTD: Tonight we are going to the high school basketball game. My boys (9&6) play on the rec league and get to go on the court at half-time so they are excited.

I think we are going to go walk around the RV show tomorrow. We love camping and use a tent but someday we would like to get a RV. We will go out to dinner tomorrow also. I save my WW weekly points for Saturday for a splurge.

Not much planned for Sunday. The Steelers have a bye this week so no football for me to watch.

Have a great day everyone!

Kristi

Good morning all! I had a good loss this week, considering I didn't even start OP until Monday. QOTD - My youngest DD is turning 13 on Sunday - so, tonight grandparents are coming over for fruit pizza (I promised my DD I would eat a small piece - so I'm trying to budget some extra calories for tonight) Tomorrow - is a birthday "shopping spree" and I'm seriously thinking about buying a proform crosswalk treadmill. Then Sunday we will go out to eat at her choice of restaurant- so this will be a challenging weekend, but I will get gung-ho again Monday!!!!

I am pretty psyched right now. I lost 10 pounds this week!!! And my wife lost 8!!!

We have been eating healthier this week than we ever have and we are amazed by how much better we feel because of it.

Who knew?

Good Morning Team Members! I'm down 2 pounds. I had hoped for a little more, but took the kids to see Tangled yesterday afternoon (we all loved it!!) and had a boatload of popcorn......and, well, chocolate covered raisins too.:upsidedow

QOTD: What are your plans for the weekend? and what changes or plans are you making to be sure you stay on plan?

Saturday: Friends coming over to help strip wallpaper and replace electrical outlets from beige to white (I know - good friends, huh?). We're gonna grill burgers and I'll have baked chips and lots of cut up veggies.

Sunday: Church and eat at home. DD going back to college, so we'll get her ready to hit the road.:sad1:

beyond flipping excited to report that I am 5lbs down this week:cool1::cool1:
I owe it all to walking every night, drinking my HH allotment of water, WWs and of course you guys!!!
thanks for the inspiration/accountability.

lets go team Mickey!!!

That is disappointing. But I won't hold it against you. For you see, I am a REDSKINS fan. So, I will have Sunday free.

I figured with 3 guys on here It would only be a matter of time for a reply.:lmao: Sorry to hear your a redskins fan but since their not much of a threat to us I dont have any hard feeling either.:lmao: Really I say this in an all joking nature. Actually I was sad to see McNabb leave and go to the skins but now Im not so sad because Vick has brought his A game. Never really liked the guy with what he did in his past but if he gets us to the superbowl than I guess I wont complain.:lmao: I know thats wishful thinking but a girl can hope.

Nick had his MRI tonight. Now we have to wait for the results. I hope to hear tomorrow. I will definitely call by afternoon if I haven't heard as I will be a nut case over the weekend.

I am thinking of you today. I hope it is good and quick results.:wizard:

Well I am a STEELERS fan and we have this Sunday free also :cool1:

I have to deal with 2 steelers fans everyday in my office. There is a constant battle between us and they try to secretly put steelers stuff in my office.:lmao: Enjoy your week off of watching you lucky duck!

So my ovarian cyst shrunk some I need another follow up ultrasound in 6 weeks. Hopefully it will be gone and the last ultrasound for awhile.
:yay::yay: Great News!

will let you off the hook this week since you brought a loss. Isnt it funny how sometimes you try to so hard and they scale doesnt move and then other weeks you fall off the wagon and you loose. Sometimes i dont get it. Either way good for you!!!!!!!!!

Since I really don't care much about NFL, like to watch it but don't have any strong ties, I'll cheer for the Eagles for you!

Now that is a real friend! Thank you.:lmao: Kristi and matt, maybe since your teams arent playing you want to cheer for the eagles too.;):rotfl2:

Hooked on a feeling, for sure!

WE GOT SNOW!!! Just got the magical call of NO SCHOOL today!!!

I am hooked on a feeling too. Isnt it great! We got about 1-3 inches of snow and they closed schools. Work was as usual and I had a meeting at 745am. My poor Ryan had to go to school anyway. They have the after school program open. These are the days I feel bad for being a working mom.:guilty: Glad you got to stay home and have some extra alone time to get the cleaning started. :woohoo:

DOWN 6 POUNDS!!!!!

wow that is amazing. I think you may be in the running for being the biggest looser this week. Good for you!!!!!

awesome job nancy that is a great loss for the week.

So excited to be back and moving again!

Great job for getting out there redwalker. I bet it felt good to get started again. Nice to see you back here.

I have a 8 mile run scheduled for Saturday afternoon.

I hope you have a great run tomorrow.

It was a rough week for you so i would not beat yourself up about it. Im glad you are feeling better and I bet next will be much better for you. I hope your dh and dd get where there going safely.

I am down 5.8 for the week! :cool1:

:dance3:excellent job kristi. Wow that is amazing. It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Sorry your snowblower is not working but look at all that exercise you got doing the shoveling manually.;)

I just wanted to check in with everyone and say GOOOOOOO TEAM MICKEY. I cant wait to see our first week results next week. I know everyone is trying so hard and already has made such wonderful lifestyle changes. Remember although we celebrated our losses on the scale it is not the only way of measuring our success. Remember to pat yourself on the back when you have a NSV(non-scale victory) too.

I am busy at work today, nicks eyes were still swollen today, sent him off to daycare with a dose of benadryl. Ryans school was closed due to the small amount of snow we had. I remember when we were kids it had to be at least 5 inches for a closing.:lmao: now I feel like my mom who would say remember when we had to walk to school in the foot of snow. Anyway...he had to go into the daycare program at school. I am feeling guilty about that. Most snow days my mom has off (she also works at a school) and ryan would hang out with her, but today the administrative offices are open so she had to go in.

Ok well I will be back later tonight. Have a great day!

I realized while I was posting I had missed a few posts so here are more replies:

Good morning all! I had a good loss this week, considering I didn't even start OP until Monday.

so this will be a challenging weekend, but I will get gung-ho again Monday!!!!

Great job on the loss. Sounds like a fun weekend. Maybe make a plan that you will allow yourself a small piece of fruit pizza tonight, and 1 treat at dinner. I find if I make a plan or a goal for myself It usually ends up being better than if I would have just said forget everything and I will start again on monday. Good luck and have fun.

I am pretty psyched right now. I lost 10 pounds this week!!! And my wife lost 8!!!

Holy Smokes!!! Great job Matt and extend that to your wife too. Her hard work of making those yummy meals for you is really paying off.;)

beyond flipping excited to report that I am 5lbs down this week:cool1::cool1:
I owe it all to walking every night, drinking my HH allotment of water, WWs and of course you guys!!!
thanks for the inspiration/accountability.

lets go team Mickey!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!! You did all the hard work. Glad it paid off for you. That is excellent.

I feel like Team Mickey is sounding like we are doing pretty well. I havent had a chance to pop over to the donald yet. Tracey maybe you can give us an update later on how its looking....you know since your on our team and all.;)

Keep up the great work everyone.

Hello Team Mickey, Down 2 lbs, slow and steady wins the race. QOTD. My plans for the weekend are to clean the house, and get in a few workouts. Cook a few good meals for the week.

Sooo, I don't know how to do the multiple quote thing, but to those who responded about my nutrisystem/gallbladder problem...thanks for your input! I do realize that I have to be careful about what I eat and don't eat, even after the surgery. But I think I will be done with Nutrisystem for now. It just seems to mess with my system. After eating regular food last night and this morning, I am already feeling much better. So on that note, another question.

Those of you on WW, are you using the new plan? How is it? I know WW would help me maintain once I hit my goal, so I am thinking about joining it again. Thanks!

THRILLED to report a 3lb loss this week!!! :cool1: I LOVE the Wii fit and the biggest loser challenge for Wii. I have never exercised so much in my life! My posture feels better, and I love to do it! :)

My plans for the weekend have me slightly nervous. My husband is interviewing at Iowa State this weekend for Vet School!! We are so excited, but we are taking a weekend trip there for it, which means lots of eating out. Praying that I make good choices, but praying even more that the interview goes well!!

Let's go Team Mickey!!!! Let's start another great week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter