Teacher Discount Question for Dolphin?

flakypuff

DIS Veteran
Hello,
I am planning our trip. Family of 5.
My Sister inlaw will be joining us for a few days.
She said she could use her "discount" for the Swan or Dolphin.
Does anyone know anything about this???
Does she have to make the reservation???

My understanding is she will have to make the reservation and be there with ID or teaching certificate when you check in. If she is joining you for a few days, I think it would have to be at the beginning of your trip. You may want to call the S/D to see if you can still get the discount if she isn't there when you check in. The staff at the S/D is very accomodating.

When we last stayed at the Swan I used my sister's teachers discount. The reservation was made under my name and all they required was that upon check-in, whoever was the teacher had to show proof. With that said, the day we checked in no one asked to see her certificate...

We had bad luck with the Teacher rate at the Swan a few years ago. They did require my DW to show her ID. The problem was they stuck us in a room with no view and told us that was all we got for the Teacher rate. It was a plain hotel room and nothing special like the Disney Resorts. I strongly suggest staying away from the Swan!!

I am teacher who stayed at the Dolphin last Easter... I am an SPG member and have the SPG AMEX... We were booked at a standard room rate and receieved and upgrade (complimentary I might add) to a room with a balcony ! We could see the boardwalk and the illumintaions everynight!!!

I say if you can stay at this wonderful resort, do it! The location and grotto can't be beat and we didn't miss any Magic at all! :wizard:

I, too, use the teacher rate at both the Swan and Dolphin (I am spg and hold their AMEX cc) - I have always received terrific comp upgrades! At our Swan stay we received the jr.suite with balcony - no extra charge incurred.

Everyone's experience can be different but ours has always been positive and magical! :goodvibes

Wait, now I'm confused. Are there only teacher discounts at the Swan and Dolphin hotels? Can they be used in conjunction with AAA discounts? Does the discounted rate ever get as low as the normal Pop Century rate? I thought I had my decisions made, but now I'm not sure!

I don't believe you can combine discounts but sometimes the AAA discount is better and other times the teacher or gov't worker rate is better. You can use the link to Dreams Unlimited on the main resorts page and check which discounts are available for your dates.

I just checked a few dates (none past sept 4th) and the best rate I found was $149/night (teacher). Is that about the best they ever do?

is a good rate especially since all of the renovations are over and that they number of rooms offered on the Teacher/Nurse rate are not as many as they once offered. I would grab it!!

We tried to get the Teacher rate for our trip this October and they did not have any rooms available due to a convention.

The Dolphin is great!

Kapp

149 is the best rate I've seen at S/D in the past year or two. I'd run with it!

They run online specials at Swan/Dolphin all the time too. We got a $139 rate last year. Remember to add the $10/night resort fee and now I guess the parking fee to any price they quote. :earboy2:

We used the $149 (139 plus the 10 fee) Teachers rate. We loved the hotel and the pool is the best!!! We did not get any upgrades due to the fact we needed a handicapped access room. We still enjoyed the Dolphin and the location!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter