Tea Party?? Adventures in cooking?? Pirate cruise??

tnkrbell

DIS Veteran
Ok so which have your children done and what do you suggest??
My DD has done the pirate cruise but was interested in the tea party.
I would love to hear your childrens experiences!!
Thanks Tnk!!:) :)

we just returned and my dd 6 did the pirate cruise and the tea party and loved both of them! Also, if your dd is at an age where she still believes everything is real - all the characters I mean, try the family magic tour, it is great! My dd loves telling everyone how she saved the magic kingdom for Mickey and she got to ride the peter pan ride with Wendy!

My DS has done both the Pirate's Cruise & the Grand Adventure in Cooking; he was 4.5 yrs on the Pirate's Cruise & 5.5 for the Cooking. He had a blast with both! I was glad we waited until this past summer for the cooking, because I'm not sure he would have stayed still long enough for it when he was younger; on the PC he got to run around on the "islands" and burn off some energy, which was great for a 4.5 yr. old!

She'll love the tea party. You'll leave her there for about an hour and they will have a visit from Alice. I actually took a 5 yo boy--there were about 3 boys there but of course mostly girls.

My dd, just turned 8, and a friend did the Tea Party. They loved it. While they were at the Tea Party, the other mom and I had nice desserts and drinks in the GF! We ALL recommend the Tea Party.

Thanks so much you guys!!! :) :)
I think we will go witht eh tea party this trip!! Anyone know what tiem the tea party is??
Thanks!

Dd has enjoyed all 3. It's hard to tell, but I think the Tea Party was her favorite. She talked about it the most afterward.

Hi tinkrbell...I just checked my old ps's and it says 1:30 for the Tea Party. I know it will be fun. Give your child one of those disposable cameras to use. Our dd got some really funny shots and the CMs there help them and take photos of the child with different characters.

Thanks again everyone!
I got them ressies (DD and her friend)
ANd thanks for the advice on having her bring her camera!! :)

By the way, don't forget that ScottWDW's "PS Planning Guide" is an excellent source for event information (times, prices, etc). Here's the link to his PS Planning Guide. The following info is listed there regarding the tea party:

- - - - - - -
WonderLand Tea Party

Five "Tea" Times Weekly
Mon thru Fri @ 1:30 PM
Lasts approximately 1 Hour

Hosted by Alice and The Mad Hatter
at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian

For children aged 3 to 10 years
Cost is $24.95 per Child
- - - - - - -

DD did the Adventures in Cooking in December and had a great time. As an almost 8 y/o she was one of the two older children that day. Many of the little ones appeared too little to me to really "get it." As the weather was really rainy 5 of the 8 days we were there, I was glad we had lucked into the "cooking" because the Pirate Cruise was already booked.

DD did have a great time and they did lots of things: Decorated their aprons, decorated their "real" chef's hat, watched a video and then began their cooking. We have wonderful pictures of Erin coming with the group to "deliver and serve" their goodies wearing their hats and aprons. Other GF guests were offered taste treats, too. Erin stopped a well-dressed, very serious looking business man heading in to the restaurant for lunch. When he looked down at her with her little muffin, his face just melted all the "serious" away into a beautiful, huge smile. She was so pleased to have made him happy.

Last thing: I recommend the Family Tour as well. We had a great time. Be prepared for some physical activity (hopping, skipping and low-crawling through one of the restaurants in Tommorowland). But, what fun to be a kid again and all the wistful looks from other guests told me how jealous they were.

dsynfun - the family magic tour is a special tour where you meet in the mk with a cm who pretends the tour has been cancelled because peter pan stole capt. hook's hook and capt. hook is threatening to take over the mk if he doesn't get it back. the cm says mickey called him for his help, just before he leaves he asks if you can heip. you proceed through the whole park following clues on a map to find the hook. it is hillarious - i had to act like pooh in front of the castle for all to see and craw at one point :rolleyes: the kids believe the whole thing and at the end peter and wendy jump out with the hook and then take everyone on the peter pan ride! I believe it costs $25 per person and is definitely worth every cent. I don't have the number in front of me but Deb Willis's site has the # and good info on it!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter