TDR Fashion Advice

Jade-Elise

MrsLlante
Hey DISBoard members, not sure if this is your average thread but wanted some advice on what to wear to the parks. Specifically.
Would anyone be interested in giving me some feedback on potential outfits? I am still putting my wardrobe together. I'm trying so hard not to be a frumpy mum, so we can look back at the photos and be happy with them!

To start with...

I just bought this dress, but I need it winter proof for late November weather and put some Disney Magic onto. What would you put with it?

31099db67c7fd70d400fe22c028b456e.jpg

Last edited:
I definitely understand wanting to be cute in pictures for the parks, esp in Tokyo Disney where everyone seems to have themed outfits! However, I don't know how warm dresses will be in November! Esp early in the mornings & later at night. Layers are going to come in handy, that's for sure, so I'd say if you're going to wear them, have something long sleeved & leggings to wear underneath, then a coat/sweater and gloves, maybe even a hat for once the sun goes down.

Agree with above, late November can be cold and windy, especially at Disney being by the ocean. Prepare for cloudy/rainy cold days, and hope for sunny days. :)

Last time when we were in Japan in late November, jackets were not needed on sunny days during daytime. But on cold days, I was so glad I had brought DD's puffy jacket with us. And I had to wear tights under jeans.

I am not sure how warm you will be in those dresses, but you will definitely need something to keep you warm underneath. I do love the floral dress, it's lovely.

Thanks!! Yes I was thinking of tights and shirts underneath I just was lacking ideas in which colours to go underneath and what necklines. I have cardigans too if I want.

Maybe rose pink tights for the floral and a white long sleeve top for the floral dress?

I came up with a couple of outfits, with items I have or can get easily... Let me know what you think and if I can pair it with a Disney Character!! Are these going to be warm enough? Or am I needing more layers??? I have an over coat to put over all of these. It's wool with a faux fur lined neck thing. Will I need gloves? Earmuffs? Scarves?

Giselle?

feebdd1fbebb47b77b55dcfaff501db7.jpg

Donald (????)

1905a4340088c386c26f86f271351c33.jpg

Ariel:

Snow White:
aef1368677a66f8a3deee1cf0d0034e0.jpg

Last edited:

Those are cute, cute outfits! Are those warm enough...that's really depends on the weather and you. I don't tolerate coldness well, so I would prefer thick fleece leggings. And make sure your footwear is warm and comfortable too!

Do you already own those mermaid leggings? Do you like them? I was thinking of getting that fabric and make leggings for my DD, but didn't because I thought they may not be breathable and uncomfortable to wear in June. Do they seem thick enough for winter?

Thanks! I don't do the cold well either, hoping to get some thermals for underneath and I have big coats for over the top. I assume though during the day and walking around a lot I may get a bit warm?
I have the mermaid leggings, just arrived yesterday! They are very sheer and I am not sure now if I want to wear them... Not warm at all, and they fabric is weird. I did buy an ebay version so maybe the place I bought from is bad? If the fabric was a bit more forgiving I could possibly wear stockings underneath. I am not sure about these. Maybe I will take them just for my Ariel meet and get changed!!!!

I was in Tokyo for the past two years so it typically doesn't get snowy until December/January. I would recommend a long sleeve cotton shirt and a light jacket to protect from the wind.

I was in Tokyo for the past two years so it typically doesn't get snowy until December/January. I would recommend a long sleeve cotton shirt and a light jacket to protect from the wind.
Thanks Lovely! So I probably won't have to layer too heavily during the day? It's hard to plan, but I will pack lots of layers it will seem! I can't buy anything there because I won't fit anything. That's the scary part!

I think going to a "Disney Bound" group on FB or somewhere would be your best idea for the outfits :)

Regarding weather, we are going in late November/early December as well, and there is no way I would plan to wear anything like that to the parks unless I had thick leggings and long sleeve shirts to wear with it and only during the warmest part of the day. We're from SoCal and the average high in Tokyo is 52 degrees... Brrrrrr! We plan on bringing winter jackets, gloves, and hoodies and plan to layer.

I have the mermaid leggings, just arrived yesterday! They are very sheer and I am not sure now if I want to wear them... Not warm at all, and they fabric is weird. I did buy an ebay version so maybe the place I bought from is bad? If the fabric was a bit more forgiving I could possibly wear stockings underneath. I am not sure about these. Maybe I will take them just for my Ariel meet and get changed!!!!

Thanks for the reply! I was going to order the fabric by the yard online, and I think it would have been the same or similar to your leggings. I bought different fish scale fabric from a local store, because at least it is not sheer. Still it's not warm enough for windy winter weather. Hope you will find warm clothes solution!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter