TDL & TDS - Actual opening time vs. Posted Opening Time

AndyR

DIS Veteran
Can anyone who's been to TDR recently comment on the actual opening time vs. posted opening times for each park (not including any Early Entry for hotel guests)?

Andy

I haven't gone post-pandemic but as of 2019 when I still had an annual pass, on the vast majority of days, they would open on time but some days they would open 15 minutes early (Disneyland more than DisneySea). It seems like they are less likely to open early these days and they were already far less likely to open early compared to the other Disney parks around the Pacific.

Can anyone who's been to TDR recently comment on the actual opening time vs. posted opening times for each park (not including any Early Entry for hotel guests)?

Andy
I was there in November (Mon-Thu). I believe that TDS opened around one hour early on the Monday, although that was a busy day with a merch release and in the first week or so of the new lagoon show, and there was also no Happy 15 entry that day. The rest of the week at TDL and TDS I think it was something like around half an hour early (earlier for Happy15 entry). If you're staying at a Disney hotel then the Happy 15 tickets have a time printed on them which I think was accurate for when they started letting in guests with Happy15. Queues started to form maybe half an hour prior.

Getting into TDS was very slow as the security point is so close to the turnstiles and so they couldn't start doing the security checks in any great numbers until the turnstiles opened. TDL was quicker as you can go through security then queue for the turstiles.

Also there in November.

TDS - "Published opening time": 9am; "actual time" (i.e., first folks through the turnstiles): 8:15am
TDL - "Published opening time": 9am; "actual time" (i.e., first folks through the turnstiles): 8:15am (we entered through the turnstiles at 8am with Happy 15)

Update:

12/25/22 Christmas Day - TDL opened early. Couldn’t tell exactly when but we were walking through World Bazaar at 8:45am (No Happy 15 for us)

12/26/22 TDS opened at least 45mins early. Here’s a pic taken at 8:34am
4E95B867-57AA-49C6-86E3-67AC93495807.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter