TDL in December 2015?

Princess_Melanie

Princess in Training
Hey all :)

We're getting married in May 2015 at WDW - we've always planned to honeymoon in Japan as we're both desperate to go and of course DTL and DTS are on the agenda!!

We're thinking of going for the 1st 2 weeks or so in December - is this a good time to go? We both love Christmas and are excited to see Japan at this time :)

We did toy with the idea of going before Christmas and coming back after new years but not sure how difficult it is to book hotels etc at that time? If we did go at this time - we're DVC members and would have a full year of points to use if we went at this time as we would like to:

Spend the 1st part of the trip at Disneyland Hotel or Miracosta
2nd part of the trip in a hotel in Tokyo
Spend the 3rd part of the trip in the other disney hotel using DVC points as after Jan 4th they are waaaay better!!

Any thoughts, tips on when to book hotels etc would be great!!! Thank you in advance :)

The DVC booking window opens six months before your check in date and since you can't book directly (only through member services or the e-form), maybe even add a day on there. I say book the earliest you can. I've had difficulty trying to book even within a month or two and Miracosta sells out regularly to cash paying customers, let alone DVCers. I've been able to score the TDLH and the Ambassador with my points, but never the Miracosta. The nice thing is there is no $95 dollar fee for booking TDR Disney Collection - yay!

I'm sure you already know, but if you do book at one of the TDR hotels your DVC points are converted to reservation points and if you have to cancel - they are only good for hotel reservations.

Christmas at Tokyo Disney is beautiful, freezing cold and pretty much everything Christmas-y is gone by December 26th. If you go after Jan 4th, the New Years merchandise is always really cute! And if you are in Tokyo in between - there are awesome New Years activities at shrines and such.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding :)

We've been spending our Thanksgivings at Tokyo Disney for the last 14 years as a way to kick-start Christmas. The parks and hotels are beautifully decorated for Christmas, and Santa shows up in the parades. Congratulations on the wedding, and enjoy!:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter