TDL: Disney Natsu Matsuri

DreamSweetsLove

Loves Mickey
Since there was no thread discussing the new summer event at TDL I thought we should start one! This is such a great event and the first time they have done this style of having the different daytime shows lead up the an evening finale! I took some video tonight and have been editing photo's which I'll add soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syK-9bg5csU

This show looks like so much fun! In a way I'm kind of sad we won't be able to see it in Dec but I hope they have something as cool to replace it. Plus it would be too cold for all the water! :scared1:The Magic Kingdom should have a show like this with all this Florida heat!!
:laughing:
Thanks for posting this!! :thumbsup2

This show looks like so much fun! In a way I'm kind of sad we won't be able to see it in Dec but I hope they have something as cool to replace it. Plus it would be too cold for all the water! :scared1:The Magic Kingdom should have a show like this with all this Florida heat!!
:laughing:
Thanks for posting this!! :thumbsup2

No problem! Glad you could enjoy it! I think you will love the resort at Christmas time time! TDL's parade is great and TDS will have new show on the harbor! I agree that MK should have a show like this in the summer. It's a really great way to cool down! What's really great about the show this year is that there are 4 different daytime shows leading up to the evening finale which plays twice. They really outdid themselves this year and I hope they will do it again next year!

No problem! Glad you could enjoy it! I think you will love the resort at Christmas time time! TDL's parade is great and TDS will have new show on the harbor! I agree that MK should have a show like this in the summer. It's a really great way to cool down! What's really great about the show this year is that there are 4 different daytime shows leading up to the evening finale which plays twice. They really outdid themselves this year and I hope they will do it again next year!

Lucky you get to enjoy all the seasons at the parks!! :love:

Another video, this one from the 2nd daytime show featuring Minnie and Daisy shot from front row center. Unfortunately due to the heat my iphone stopped working until the water cooled it down halfway through the show.:mad:

http://youtu.be/5HRc2eEzg_U

Still sorting photo's but will try to upload some tonight!

Ok a few photo's to start out and I will keep adding to it! The first batch is just an intro to the event so you can see the today guide, what the summer stage is like, etc.

Summer goods
CiFMFl.jpg

Can you find the hidden Mickey in this Today guide?
3D4nvl.jpg

ABOF7l.jpg

48I9Sl.jpg

The morning line to try the lottery to win seating for the show...:earseek:
Zh7I0l.jpg

The Stage
iUZx2l.jpg

The shows are opened by Pluto and an MC who explain how to cheer for your side and introduce the contestants.
rBFXVl.jpg

0aU4Kl.jpg

Usually Pluto isn't so much in the spotlight so he really hams it up for the audience making everyone laugh and causing lots of cute moments!
4vTvLl.jpg

jTnnWl.jpg

wkNr9l.jpg

rOHzwl.jpg

nAIajl.jpg

Wow, your photos are awesome! Where did you take them from and what lense did you use?

Wow, your photos are awesome! Where did you take them from and what lense did you use?

Thank you BecBennet! Most of these I took from outside the seating area on the outer righthand side the first showing on the first day but some were taken from H section row 5 and I section row 8 and also from the partners statue area. The Minnie section video was taken from front row center, C-1!! The lens I used for the show is a Sigma 50-500 EX but it's really hard to photograph the show because of the water and because it's hard to get a good standing position since I'm usually with my son. The H section photo's were only in the beginning because that area gets insanely wet so it was too risky to keep using the lens. The photo's of things like the queue and Today guide is taken with a Nikon 1 1Nikkor 10-30.

Disney's Natsu Matsuri's daytime portion is divided into four competitions with different teams of characters.

First heat featuring One Cool Family (Goofy and Max) vs. Spicy Caballeros (Pachito and José Carioca) ft. Clarice

BofFpl.jpg

51Gr2l.jpg

LEjHil.jpg

8k5lWl.jpg

UzlwXl.jpg

7bb9gl.jpg

07avil.jpg

med5Xl.jpg
7hmKVl.jpg

Yay!! New pics!! This show looks so COOL!! I have to say it again, with Orlando's heat, this show would be PERFECT for WDW!!

DreamSweetsLove said:
Glad you got to see the show! It's definitely the best summer show they have done in a while and happily it will be back next year for the 30th anniversary too!

We almost went back just to see again the next week. We were also hoping to make it for Halloween again this year but need to save money because we are flying to the States this week to go on a a Disney Cruise. :)

We almost went back just to see again the next week. We were also hoping to make it for Halloween again this year but need to save money because we are flying to the States this week to go on a a Disney Cruise. :)

Lucky! Have a fantastic time on the cruise! Will you come for Christmas? I think there is another Dis member who also lives nearby, maybe we should do a Dis meet up sometime.:goodvibes

DreamSweetsLove said:
Lucky! Have a fantastic time on the cruise! Will you come for Christmas? I think there is another Dis member who also lives nearby, maybe we should do a Dis meet up sometime.:goodvibes

That would be fun! We move in March, so I want to make sure we go a couple more times before then. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter