Taxi Service

Timbo

Mouseketeer
I know that there is a Taxi Service in WDW. How do they charge? Is it a flat rate or is it done on mileage? We are staying at All Stars Sports and may want to get to a resort or two without having to take the bus. Thanks for any information you may have.

Checker Cab (a Mears company) is the "official" cab of WDW... you'll find them everywhere.

I beleive the rates are $2.00 for the first 2/7th of a mile, and 25 cents per 1/7th mile thereafter. Also 25 cents for every 30 seconds wait time. Hrmm... those aren't the exact rates, but they're somewhere around that.

407-699-9999 is the phone number.

One thing to watch out for... make sure your driver is a good driver... obeys the speed limits, stops for red lights, and stop signs... etc... There are a lot of cab drivers out there that are horrible... I can't tell you how many times I've been in close encounters with them. So, please, be careful.

I didn't realize there was an "official" taxi for WDW. That's a good bit of information to know. Is this the company that is called when you ask for a cab at bell services? Just curious. . .

Also, the main reason I posted: What is the proper way of hiring a cab back from DD? In the past, my husband has just walked across the parking lot to the place where a zillion cabbies are waiting (the area of the movie theater plaza). Is there a place to hail an "official" cab? I am always a bit concerned about the driving and other safety concerns when you simply hop in a cab from DD.

No offense to you, but waiting for a bus and then riding on one from DD is interminably long. We prefer the 10-15 min cab ride when we are ready to go to waiting for a bus that's invariably packed like a sardine can AND takes an hour to get back! We just want to be safe while doing it!

Thanks again for the nugget and I hope you can help with the other question.

Hi Tess! We used cabs alot on our July trip since DS14 had friends at Beach Club.(We were at WLV) We also had our 2 year old granddaughter with us , so many times it was well worth the money for the cab. I didn't have any problem with the drivers. The first time I went I went from WLV to Beach, since my son was already at Beach, and then returned directly to WLV. The driver was wonderful and told me I could request him to pick up my son and he would safely deliver him home any time we needed him. I felt safer having taken a trip and checked out his driving skills.

We have taken a taxi from one resort to another very frequently while at WDW. If we finish dinner at a resort very late, and need to get back to our own resort, we don't want to have the hour plus bus ride to DTD, and back to our resort.

The cost of our average ride has been $14-18, including tip. In my opinion, my time is well worth the money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter