Tax Rip Off?

P.S. @crisi I’ll include a little bonus present with your wine, IP from the company we both own shares in:

upload_2018-12-22_21-44-8.jpeg

Maybe you can learn something about how to treat people less fortunate than you brother.

Looking at my annual dues statements today I noticed something bizarre: I'm paying the most for property taxes on my BLT points despite having significantly less points there than at VGC or AUL. It didn't take long to figure out why when I looked at the tax rates:

BLT-1.7029/point
VGC-1.0411/point
AUL-.6142/point

It seems criminal that BLT points are taxed at a rate that's almost triple that of Aulani's. I know CM wages got the brunt of the blame for the annual dues increases this year, but has this tax issue ever been explained? Is there a similar disparity for the other FL DVC properties?
Location, location, location.

I know you have to pay at the time of stay at Aulani. Never paid it at VGC.

The hotel tax is built into the annual dues for VGC. It is part of the maintenance fees. What I like about Aulani is that the guest that actually uses the room pays the taxes. So if a non Aulani owner uses their points to stay at Aulani, they pay the room tax. And I as an owner don't have higher dues to cover the accommodation taxes.

Goodness gracious son, now I understand this:

Tell you what, I own quite a few Disney shares myself. I’m happy to buy you as many bottles of wine of your choice as you need to get through the day. I’m happier to have you pick on anonymous internet strangers than hardworking Disney housekeepers.

So not math, you are bad at reading comprehension. Poly and OKW have very different footprints and point structures and do not have a 300% difference in taxes. And you may be missing more - since I was defending the hardworking Disney mousekeepers in that thread. But you know, reading comprehension, not your strong suit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter