• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tattoos.

i knew a girl who got her nickname tattooed on her upper left breast.
why. god. would you get your NAME on your chest? did you think youd forget it?

i love tattoos. i have a few in mind.
but people that get "butterflies!" or whatever else that looked "pretty" at the time for no reason are a little lame. i think its stupid to get something on your body that doesnt really mean all that much to you.

Oh God. Even just those name plate necklaces bother me. Eesh.

And personally, I don't really like them unless they're discreet and have some deep personal meaning.
But it's not like I see someone with a bunch of tattooes and respect them less for it or anything. It's just not for me.

My mom has a butterfly on her shouldder. I really like it. I wanna get the same one when I turn 18 by the same tattoo artist. I guess I'm lame then :rolleyes:

She means something random. If a tattoo doesn't have a meaning, then it's lame. It could be a rainbow, a butterfly, a skull, whatever. She means don't pick something just because it looks pretty - pick something because it has meaning.

i knew a girl who got her nickname tattooed on her upper left breast.
why. god. would you get your NAME on your chest? did you think youd forget it?

i love tattoos. i have a few in mind.
but people that get "butterflies!" or whatever else that looked "pretty" at the time for no reason are a little lame. i think its stupid to get something on your body that doesnt really mean all that much to you.

ewww.
i hate when girls get tattoos on their chests.
it just annoys me.
like new york from flavor of love.
i don't know why her having a tattoo on her chest bothered me so much... but it did.
XD

She means something random. If a tattoo doesn't have a meaning, then it's lame. It could be a rainbow, a butterfly, a skull, whatever. She means don't pick something just because it looks pretty - pick something because it has meaning.

I guess it has meaning XD

I hate it when people have repetive tattoos.

qy9t92.jpg

dfam9e.jpg

2n88vb9.jpg

2vs2cgj.jpg

2vwuu6b.jpg

Keep in mind that all of tho=se are on the same guy >.<

Guys, if any of you do end up getting tattoos in the future, please PLEASE go to a reputable tattoo parlor. Make sure they have a license and watch them do a couple of tatoos before you let them do yours.
I have a friend who got an infection from getting a tattoo from some sketch place. She had to have her skin sewn back on or some weird thing like that.

Oh sonya, you were asking about why I dont plan on getting one. In the Bible, in Leviticus, it says not to make any marks upon our bodies. In many other places in teh Bible, it says that our bodies our temples of the Lord and that we need to honor him with our bodies.

I am totally against tatoos. If God wanted us to have pictures and writting on our boddies, then he would have put it there himself. And I can't stand it when people are covered in them. I think it is really gross and ugly. Anyways, once your old you look really funny with a bunch of tatoos all over you. :)

I LOVE TATTOOOOOOS!
I've been dying to get one for ages, but it's taken me forever to try and decide what to get.
I had decided that I wanted to get 'pixie dust' trailing across my back, but then i saw this:
rihanna5WI0904_468x604.jpg

(sorry if it's huge)
on Rihanna and it's REALLY similar to what I want....except I wanted mine with tiny tiny stars and colourful.
But now I'm not sure if that's what I want because it doesn't seem as original anymore. We'll see what I can do to make it more unique :P

My dad has a couple and is looking to get another one soon. I think they're aweeesome.
I love word/text tattoos, I think they are really awesome, and usually always have a special meaning.

On a side note; I never knew being against tattoos was a religious thing. Hmm ya learn something knew everyday.
I've known priests with tattoos though. Guess it's all in how you interpret things.

I love tattoos.
Especially Kat from LA Ink stars on her face. They are so pretty and cool.
I want one or two. Somewhere you can't see them obviously because of jobs and stuff.
I'm not exactly sure of what yet.

I would never get my boyfriend/husbands name tattooed on me though. Children, yes I would because they will always be mine. Husband, maybe not and I don't want to have to go through that pain and cash to get it removed if we broke up or divorced.

It's just one more Jewish rule that the Jews don't care about :lmao: or at least none that I know of. My rabbi has a tattoo. I might get one. I don't want a big one, just like a little thing. My mom doesn't mind tattoos, unless they're all over someone's body. Same with my Dad.

i know that it says in the bible that you are not supposed to get them, but i still want one.
i mean, i have my ears pierced twice in one ear and four times in the other, and i guess that is considered making your body "unholy" or whatever.
but i can think of 213782345324 things that are worse for you that people do on a daily basis.

Oh sonya, you were asking about why I dont plan on getting one. In the Bible, in Leviticus, it says not to make any marks upon our bodies. In many other places in teh Bible, it says that our bodies our temples of the Lord and that we need to honor him with our bodies.

I am totally against tatoos. If God wanted us to have pictures and writting on our boddies, then he would have put it there himself. And I can't stand it when people are covered in them. I think it is really gross and ugly. Anyways, once your old you look really funny with a bunch of tatoos all over you. :)

Agreed.

i honstly dont care what the bible has to say about MY body
ill do whatever i want with it (within reason ^^)
i do believe that a tattoo should mean something.
i want a small pair of angel wings on my back breaking through my skin representing that im breaking free and i will be able to fly one day when im in heaven

no tramp stamps or anything like that

I'll be getting at least the following:

A gun on my left latissimus with the words "It goes..." above it and "BANG!" below it. With a muzzle flash, of course. My best friend in the entire world and I came up with this one night at a local fair. We decided it was absolutely "us" because we're loud, we're obvious (in a "thanks, captain obvious" sort of way), and we're dangerous in public places. She's drawing it for me and my brother-in-law is going to put it on me.

"A Madness Like Gravity" will go around my right ankle. "Agent of Chaos" will go around my left. Both are tributes to not only Heath's Joker, but the fact that I believe that if you don't have love and chaos in your life, you're life is too boring (personal opinion, don't take it personally).

"Like faint electricity" will go on my right upper bicep. A tribute to Brokeback Mountain.

"Child of Foreign Stars" will go across my upper back above the constellation Orion. Orion has been my favourite constellation since I was very little and the stories about it are always very interesting to me. The Huron legend of Orion speaks of courage and duty and faith. The quote is from a story I read (yes, a fanfic), but it spoke to me. I often don't feel like I belong anywhere- like I'm from someplace else.

So, that's my list so far. It's changed since our last thread like this. But I do find tattoos incredibly sexy.

Some of my favourite men have tattoos:

CMPunk3.jpg

CM Punk's sleeves are just so awesome.

JacobyShaddix2.jpg

Jacoby Shaddix's arms...

JacobyShaddix3.jpg

and upper torso make me drool.

RobertDowneyJr8.jpg

I've got a thing for free-handy tattoos like this one on Robert Downey Jr.'s right shoulder with his son's name in it.

I LOVE tattoos!!
I'm planning on getting my second ASAP, hopefully before I turn 18, but if not, I'll get it this summer. I'm having my friend design one for me: its going to be Alice falling down the rabbit hole w/ various objects and what not going with her. I'm gonna get it on my left side :)

I have a tattoo that I'm pretty sure most of you guys have seen, because I like to show it off in pictures, haha. I got it almost a year ago, and I 100% do not regret getting it. Actually, I have already started brainstorming how to add onto it. I'm thinking nautical starts and a big anchor. :cool2:

tattoo.jpg

thats it, btw.

I LOVE tattoos!!
I'm planning on getting my second ASAP, hopefully before I turn 18, but if not, I'll get it this summer. I'm having my friend design one for me: its going to be Alice falling down the rabbit hole w/ various objects and what not going with her. I'm gonna get it on my left side :)

I have a tattoo that I'm pretty sure most of you guys have seen, because I like to show it off in pictures, haha. I got it almost a year ago, and I 100% do not regret getting it. Actually, I have already started brainstorming how to add onto it. I'm thinking nautical starts and a big anchor. :cool2:

tattoo.jpg

thats it, btw.

i really like your tattoo.
it is totally awesome.
:upsidedow

My parents each have a tattoo, my dad's is a compass [I think because we travel alot? xD] and my mom's is a sun, they're both on their left upper backs. They're kinda cool, but I don't think I ever want one.

I LOVE tattoos!!

tattoo.jpg

thats it, btw.

I love that.

I'm getting a tattoo soon, hopefully this month.
So obviously I like tattoos.

I'm going to get a tattoo like this:

"!"

At first, it was just going to be an exclamation point, but then I was talking about it with my dad and we both thought it would be cool if it was in quotation marks. :goodvibes

Or a dinosaur... xP

i plan on being a children's art therapist (making more than 100K a year) and i'm not really sure how seriously a potential client would take me if i had a visable tattoo. sad, but true. tattoos are not professional.

now, i would like a tiny one that i could hide, but that meant something to me. i'm thinking about getting a little cartoon eskimo that my dad drew for me on my hip or something. but i'm not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter