tastefully simple beer bread

Daisymae26

<font color=green>I am shopping and comparing befo
... does anyone have a recipe for this? I tasted it at a graduation party and it was sooo moist and flavorful. how do you make it? do you need a mix?

I bought the beer bread mix from a Tastefully Simple dem I went to. I don't know what the ingredients are, but all I needed to add was a can of beer. Maybe they have a Tastefully Simple website? It is real good stuff! But I believe it only comes in the pre-mix form and not something you can make up yourself.

The mix has to be purchased from a consultant, all you need to add is the can of beer (or other carbonated beverage).

Good luck!
Brenda

FYI, there are other brands too. I know that Super Target has some beer bread mixes at their stores. Pampered Chef also sells beer bread mix.

Tastefully Simple is a brand:

http://ww3.tastefullysimple.com/products/detail.php?prod=12

Here's one for Italian Herbed Beer Bread:

Italian Herbed Beer Bread
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp sugar
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 tbsp Italian spices
12 oz room temp beer
melted butter to brush over finished loaves

Quick and easy, makes one loaf. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Stir in beer to form a stiff dough. Turn dough into bread pan sprayed w/veg oil. Bake in 325 degree oven for 65 minutes. Makes a dense, sweetish bread that sticks to the ribs, and is actually kind of healthy! This bread freezes really well, so I usually double the ingredients and wrap one for freezing.

and here's a very easy recipe:

3 cups self rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 (12oz) can or bottle of beer
Mix ingredients and put in ungreased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

I have a question for those of you who have made the Tastefully Simple beer bread. I made it for the first time Friday. I thought it would be bread like you use for sandwiches. Instead I got bread like a banana bread. My friend said her TS beer bread is like sandwich bread. What does your TS beer bread come out like?

I use the same receipe as jipsy with the self rising flour, sugar and beer, it's great
it makes a "rustic" loaf with lots of nooks and crannies. try expeimenting with different beers too. I like Honey Brown , gives the bread a sweet/nutty taste.

Mine is definately not one for bread. I just enjoy it warm with a little butter on it.

We just found some flat beer in the back of the refrigerator while cleaning it out. I'll have to try the recipe as I don't want to just throw it out and DH says it tastes bad/flat. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter