Tarzan’s Treehouse to be Rethemed

tarzanstreehouseencanto.png

Antonio's room does make a lot of sense. I mean, that's pretty darn perfect when you look at it. Since his room was jungle/animal themed it would fit right in with Adventureland. They could do so much with the lights at night and incorporating animals into it. I could see this being a hit if they went that route, Encanto is huge right now and kids would eat it up.

Disneyland doesn't belong to any one generation.

Good point, well said.

I remember it as Swiss Family too.... my son has seen Tarzan once, he just loves a good treehouse regardless but has no real attachment to that movie or interest in ever watching it again. But it was before his time too.

Whatever retheme it gets, I’m glad that it will remain a treehouse walkthrough. I have to admit that I never warmed up to the Tarzan theme. Just couldn’t connect with the source film. Funny enough though; even having grown up with the SFR theme, I never really connected with that either. I just enjoyed that it was a treehouse.

Whatever theme it ends up with, so long as it remains a treehouse, I’m sure it will be something I’ll enjoy.

Everyone is saying Encanto but it could be Swiss Family Robinson to tie in w the new Disney+ SFR show.

Is that moving ahead? I was saying in another thread that to keep the one at MK relevant they need a new project, like a D+ show. That could be pretty cool!

I'm probably the one person who doesn't care as much about the theme. But we always take a picture of all the kids on the treehouse stairs and I'm pretty sure they won't be open for that in June when we go.

But I am glad it's staying and will be interested to see what they do with it.

PHXscuba

As an older DLR fan, I love SFR and it has the nostalgia factor for me. However, I can see that others probably don't have the same fond memories and/or have never seen the original Disney movie, so as long as they do a quality job of it, I'm good with it.

I'm just really glad that they're not getting rid of the treehouse-- I know that was considered in the past. And, I know I'm probably in the minority, but I also hope whatever they do with it isn't related to Star Wars. That's already featured in a couple of other places as I recall :rolleyes:

I want to suggest this as a possibility, even though know this isn't going to happen. Something ewok themed would be awesome.
You know, on a complete tangent, I not only agree with this thought or idea, but I always felt like instead of Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser, a great resort idea would be to create an Ewok village of sorts. An expansive forest resort, but shaped and themed far differently than WL or DGC.

My understanding is that they're going to remove the 'separate tree and rope bridge' that causes the narrowing of the walkway, putting it back the way it was pre-Tarzan. That should help a bit with crowding in that area.

Personally I'd rather it go back to being SFW or just a generic jungle treehouse with lots of cool 'inventions' in it. As popular as Encanto is right now, it will soon be yesterday's news and once again the treehouse will be 'dated'.

Exactly. I haven't even seen "Encanto" nor has anything induced me to want to. Every single thing doesn't have to be themed to the latest movies.

You know, on a complete tangent, I not only agree with this thought or idea, but I always felt like instead of Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser, a great resort idea would be to create an Ewok village of sorts. An expansive forest resort, but shaped and themed far differently than WL or DGC.

That is one of the most awesome Disney Parks ideas ever. It wouldn't connect to Batuu at all, but it would be incredible.

Aw, I'm really disappointed about this. We did the first Disneyland trip since I was a teenager last September, and Tarzan's Treehouse was on the top of my list, as Tarzan is one of my favorite movies. It ended up closing just days before we arrived, with no warning. When I was in Disneyland as a teenager, I went with a church group and we had to go in groups of 4; the other girls I was with didn't want to go in the treehouse and refused to quickly walk through it with me, so I was really excited to go through it last September. Bummer. :(

I was on another site I don't believe I am allowed to link so sorry for not being able to source this.

However, I guess because of weather or something (wind?), Disney took down some of the tarps that were functioning as construction walls. The site shared zoomed in photos that showed Tarzan theming pieces are still very much intact a year after the closure. I do agree, that the front part was confirmed to be removed, so not saying nothing has happened but theses pictures of the lack of progress were surprising IMO.

I would love to hear from someone in the parks (assuming the tarps are still down) what their opinion is on the progress. It would seem like the tree house and the Candy Cane have fallen under the same very weird time warp.

Did the tarps go back up? Can you hear construction work occurring when you walk by? I really thought this would be a D23 announcement.

ETA: I suppose it's possible they are LEAVING those parts of Tarzan and incorporating them. I don't know overall this has been weird and taking forever.

Last edited:
There is also a rumor to be themed to S.E.A. which is referenced in several Disney parks apparently. Just wild that Disney is taking so long on this….but Disney doesn’t do things very quickly these days.

Last edited:
There is also a rumor to be themed to S.E.A. which is referenced in several Disney parks apparently. Just wild that Disney is taking so long on this….but Disney doesn’t things very quickly these days.

Very true (can anyone say Tron) ... however, if Disney can make more money they rush to get it out yesterday. G+, ILL, new Magicbands. :rolleyes2

There is also a rumor to be themed to S.E.A. which is referenced in several Disney parks apparently. Just wild that Disney is taking so long on this….but Disney doesn’t do things very quickly these days.
I don’t know if my brain just isn’t working today but I can’t figure out what S.E.A. is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter