Target Redcard 5% discount on Disney gift cards???

Thanks so much for this. As a new red card user, I didn't realize it was still working in store I do have some Target giftcards that I was hoping to use in combination with my redcard online for a discount. :(

Just remember that in order to get the Red Card discount in store you cannot use gift cards to pay.

Can someone refresh my memory on whether or not you can use the pharmacy rewards coupon in conjunction with the red card in store for buying Disney gift cards? I thought I had heard the additional discount had been discontinued but can't remember if it was just online or also in stores.

Can someone refresh my memory on whether or not you can use the pharmacy rewards coupon in conjunction with the red card in store for buying Disney gift cards? I thought I had heard the additional discount had been discontinued but can't remember if it was just online or also in stores.

Not anymore.

Turk February- that is obviously how they intend it to work- but if you have a target.com account and it knows your redcard # it will show you the total amount minus the 5%. You can then choose to pay with giftcards. It still works this way on regular merchandise.

Please be careful when purchasing the Disney cards at Target, both online and in-store.

I bought 8, in-store, over a period of a couple months. When we got to Disney and wanted to apply them to our room charges at check-out, one was invalid. I did not have the receipt and Target would not help at all, even though I'd paid with my Target card and they should have been able to look it up.

I lost $50, which is far greater than the amount I'd saved.

Check other threads that mention the same issues, especially with online purchases.

I'm so sorry that you had this experience. Last year we bought $2400 in Disney GC and did not have any problems with any of the cards. It was also when the red card and pharmacy card could be stacked. When we bought them we compared each card to the receipt verify they were activated.

Please be careful when purchasing the Disney cards at Target, both online and in-store.

I bought 8, in-store, over a period of a couple months. When we got to Disney and wanted to apply them to our room charges at check-out, one was invalid. I did not have the receipt and Target would not help at all, even though I'd paid with my Target card and they should have been able to look it up.

Check other threads that mention the same issues, especially with online purchases.

Do you still have the Card?

When this happened to me, the Target employee told me I had to contact Disney. When I called the number on the card I think I had to email them copies of the card to prove I had it, but they were able to activate the card for me. Now I check all the balances online (info is on the card) to make sure they are all activated before I leave on a trip.

Good Luck!

With disneygiftcard.com I have not only been able to confirm the value of each Disney GC I bought through Target immediately after receiving them but also to combine all of those $50 and $100 GCs onto just two GCs (since there is a $1,000 limit on each GC). Now I know exactly how much is active on each GC, so I know there won't be a problem like you experienced.

emoticon20zombie.gif
Zombie threads attack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter