• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Target now sells Southwest gift cards - use RedCard for 5%?

Looks like they have a $200 Gift Card in stock now.

http://www.target.com/p/southwest-airlines-200-email-delivery/-/A-17313531

This complicates things, as I've been planning on using Perk & Swagbucks points for Target cards and then put that into Southwest Cards. I've got $200 in gift cards now to convert to southwest, and I'm about halfway to that last $100, which would have made it simple: 3 $100 gift cards and the remainder paid on my credit card.

Now I can feasibly apply up to $600 in gift cards easily on one transaction, which will pay for almost the entire flight, but I 'm afraid to wait until I get to $600 worth of Perk/Swagbucks points because the flight I want will probably be sold out by then.

That is GREAT news! (About the $200 gift cards-not that it complicates things for you!) I am THRILLED! I hope it works out for you :) I just bought $400 worth and might go grab another $50 in store so I don't have to wait for the $50 one in the mail. My flights add up to $468 total for two round trips tickets.

Thanks for the heads up on the $200 SW e-cards! Used Raise.com to purchase Target gc, then used that to buy the SW gc to book the winter flights that were made available yesterday. The Budget Board has been so helpful in planning our first December trip!

THANKS DISBOARD !!! I took your advice and purchased 5 SW gift cards of $200 from Target for my trip. It worked out fine. I booked the depart and return trips separately so that I could use the max number of gift cards (we are a family of 5). The only issue I had was that after purchasing the departure flight I had $10 left on one e-card and I forgot to use it to purchase the return flight. Now I have $10 left on this e-gift card. I was going to use it to purchase early check in for $12 but you can only use cc's. Can you use e-gift cards to purchase SW snacks? If not would be happy to give the SW $10 to a Dis'er upon my return from vacation. We will not be going again for a while. All but one kid is in college and this my be our last family vacation for a long while. :sad1:.

THANKS DISBOARD !!! I took your advice and purchased 5 SW gift cards of $200 from Target for my trip. It worked out fine. I booked the depart and return trips separately so that I could use the max number of gift cards (we are a family of 5). The only issue I had was that after purchasing the departure flight I had $10 left on one e-card and I forgot to use it to purchase the return flight. Now I have $10 left on this e-gift card. I was going to use it to purchase early check in for $12 but you can only use cc's. Can you use e-gift cards to purchase SW snacks? If not would be happy to give the SW $10 to a Dis'er upon my return from vacation. We will not be going again for a while. All but one kid is in college and this my be our last family vacation for a long while. :sad1:.

Awww, I know how you feel having kids in college! I hope you have an awesome vacation together and can use that extra amount for a snack.

Just a heads up....CardCash.com has Target gift cards at 8.5% today. Combine that with the RedCard discount and a $200 Southwest card will cost you $173.85...a savings of almost 13%!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter