Target gift cards/Southwest points for Disney Cruise?!

disneyfanbecky

Mouseketeer
I have saved up enough SW points to get $3900 in Target (or Walmart) gift cards. I've been saving these points for a Disney cruise, and it seems like this way (getting gift cards) will give me the highest redemption value. I'm then hoping to go to Target and turn them into Disney gift cards and use that to pay for the cruise. Would this work? TIA for any help!!!

I have saved up enough SW points to get $3900 in Target (or Walmart) gift cards. I've been saving these points for a Disney cruise, and it seems like this way (getting gift cards) will give me the highest redemption value. I'm then hoping to go to Target and turn them into Disney gift cards and use that to pay for the cruise. Would this work? TIA for any help!!!
Maybe.

Some Target store managers are not allowing customers to purchase a GC with a Target GC. It would be a shame if you were to redeem for a large number of Target GCs only to find out that your store is one of them. You might want to buy a Target GC and then attempt to purchase a Disney GC with it before you order a larger number of them from Rapid Rewards.

I have not read of any problems using Walmart GCs (either at a Walmart store or Sam's Club). It's been a few months since I used a Walmart GC at a Walmart to buy a Disney GC but I know that it did work as recently as August of this year.

Best Buy is another option but it will depend on the store that you go to. Some don't carry Disney GCs and some will not allow a GC -> GC transaction.

You could run into a situation where the store manager will limit the number of Disney GCs that you can purchase in a single visit. You will want to spread your purchases over a period of time or visit different stores if you can.

If you have a Sams card, you can use the Walmart cards at Sam's. The Disney cards at Sam's are about 5% off. Every little bit helps, especially when you're talking about $3900!

In my neck of the woods Target is adding a lot of self check out aisles. Since currently their POS allows GC to GC purchases I would go through the self check out and eliminate the possibility of being denied by a cashier.

If you have a Sams card, you can use the Walmart cards at Sam's. The Disney cards at Sam's are about 5% off. Every little bit helps, especially when you're talking about $3900!

Hmm I don't have a Sam's club card but maybe it would be worth it just for this! Thank you for the help everyone! I was nervous about doing this at Target or Sam's Club if it is not allowed, but if it is allowed it is $3900 in gift cards vs $3100 if I booked directly through SW! Thanks so much!!

Hmm I don't have a Sam's club card but maybe it would be worth it just for this! Thank you for the help everyone! I was nervous about doing this at Target or Sam's Club if it is not allowed, but if it is allowed it is $3900 in gift cards vs $3100 if I booked directly through SW! Thanks so much!!

I bought probably $3000 worth of Disney cards at Sams over the last year and a half. We never had any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter