• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Target Circle Offer- 20% off code tripadvisor things to do. Looks like it's applying to WDW tickets? STACK ME WITH CB SITE AND PP % Chase

We are doing a big family trip in december. Thank godness we haven't bought tickets yet. Today we had a family reunion to buy tickets lol
5 families, 16 tickets, 8 transactions, $1,300 saved. Now we will splurge in food and other experiences. Thanks to the OP for posting this

Decided to just book another 7-day hopper and forgo the Disneyland ticket for now, hoping it won't get cancelled as I used different accounts/emails/cards/phone etc. Since my AP renewal is in about 5 weeks, hoping to use the 2nd ticket for my renewal next year. The $192 savings is just too good to pass up on, plus the renewal discount! I did purchase through the Capital One offers portal (not shopping portal), we'll see if the 8% tracks or not.

Obscure question, but once a 3rd-party ticket is linked to MDE, is the barcode on the third-party ticket void? I am always worried about email hacks and since the ticket will be sitting "out there" for so long, I'll sleep better at night knowing the ticket is "safe" in my MDE, ha!

If so, value will be at the gate price?
Assuming you bought last night, the credit value will be equal to the price WDW listed the same ticket last night. Look it up this morning and make note of it. Credit will not be “gate price” which tends to be ~$20 higher than online, and if WDW puts out a price increase between now and then the credit would not include that (WDW tickets had price increases in Dec the past couple of years).

We are doing a big family trip in december. Thank godness we haven't bought tickets yet. Today we had a family reunion to buy tickets lol
5 families, 16 tickets, 8 transactions, $1,300 saved. Now we will splurge in food and other experiences. Thanks to the OP for posting this
That's great! And totally reminded me of the old Matercard Priceless commercials!!

Can anyone answer if these tickets can have a day added in MDE after linking them? If I buy the discounted 3 day WDW base ticket, can I add a 4th day on MDE at the multi day rate? Or is the ticket a fixed 3 day ticket that can't be upgraded /modified other than to change the date?
Yes, you can add a day, after linking, on MDE, at the price difference. There should be a "change ticket" (or some such wording) link.

I added the Target Circle 20% Trip Advisor promo a few days ago and the code has been sitting in my inbox since then. I just remembered about this deal, went to retrieve the Target code and it still worked in Tripadvisor today. :flower1:

I bought two 3 day park hoppers, when I add them to MDE account, do I have to assign a name to them now? If so, can I transfer the unused ticket to different person at a later date?

Last edited:
I have a AP that expires in Jan 27th… can I use this promo to get normal tickets, that later Disney will accept for the renewal? If so, value will be at the gate price?

(Probably already answered… but just got the mail from Target..)

Thanks!
Not sure if you can apply tickets for a renewal but you can put tickets towards an AP .

Value is gate price & the most expensive date was mentioned for maximum discount somewhere here. It was December something.

I added the Target Circle 20% Trip Advisor promo a few days ago and the code has been sitting in my inbox for a few days. I just remembered about this deal, went to retrieve the Target code and it still worked in Tripadvisor today. :flower1:

I bought two 3 day park hoppers, when I add them to MDE account, do I have to assign a name to them now? If so, can I transfer the unused ticket to different person at a later date?
As soon as you link them it does need to be assigned. As long as you assign them to yourself or someone you control, you'll be able to move them around.

If you assign it to someone with their own MDE account, it's in their hands

There is probably a better place to ask this but since a lot of you have done this this week, I figured it was a good place to ask.

We currently have active incredapasses that expire in the middle of January.
I purchased 7 day passes that have a slightly lower face value than the pirate pass that we want to upgrade to.
Do I just call Disney and give them the 7 day pass numbers and pay the difference for the upgrade or do I need to add them to my mde account? Thanks so much.

There is probably a better place to ask this but since a lot of you have done this this week, I figured it was a good place to ask.

We currently have active incredapasses that expire in the middle of January.
I purchased 7 day passes that have a slightly lower face value than the pirate pass that we want to upgrade to.
Do I just call Disney and give them the 7 day pass numbers and pay the difference for the upgrade or do I need to add them to my mde account? Thanks so much.
I’d add them before you call so they could see them and upgrade them.

I have seen people reporting that tickets bought from this deal expire in January 2025. I can’t find the expiration on mine, but I’m sure it’s the same. So two questions:

1. If they are added to my MDE and that date passes, do they expire? Or do they just have to be added to an account before then. I ask because I thought Disney will give value for any tickets. Also, if I modify the tickets in some way, would that change the expiration date?
2. If I choose to upgrade them to an AP, does that also have to be activated before January 2025?

Thanks for any advice!

I have seen people reporting that tickets bought from this deal expire in January 2025. I can’t find the expiration on mine, but I’m sure it’s the same. So two questions:

1. If they are added to my MDE and that date passes, do they expire? Or do they just have to be added to an account before then. I ask because I thought Disney will give value for any tickets. Also, if I modify the tickets in some way, would that change the expiration date?
2. If I choose to upgrade them to an AP, does that also have to be activated before January 2025?

Thanks for any advice!

Are you asking about DL tickets or WDW tickets? They are different, with different expiration.

I think DL tickets expire in Jan. 2025. If not used, yes I believe they will have credit value towards new tickets. I'm not very familiar with how that process works in California.

WDW tickets will expire based on the start date you chose. If fully-unused at that point, they will have a credit value. I recommend looking up that value on WDW website now, the credit will be the same as WDW price for the same ticket now. Make note of the ticket number and value because it will disappear from your view in MDE though ticketing CMs can find it to upgrade.

If you upgrade to an AP, the AP voucher will have a 1-year period from the time you upgrade to activate the AP. Then once activated the AP is valid for 1-year. So the expiration on the current ticket won't matter.

Are you asking about DL tickets or WDW tickets? They are different, with different expiration.

I think DL tickets expire in Jan. 2025. If not used, yes I believe they will have credit value towards new tickets. I'm not very familiar with how that process works in California.

WDW tickets will expire based on the start date you chose. If fully-unused at that point, they will have a credit value. I recommend looking up that value on WDW website now, the credit will be the same as WDW price for the same ticket now. Make note of the ticket number and value because it will disappear from your view in MDE though ticketing CMs can find it to upgrade.

If you upgrade to an AP, the AP voucher will have a 1-year period from the time you upgrade to activate the AP. Then once activated the AP is valid for 1-year. So the expiration on the current ticket won't matter.
Thank you! So, to clarify because this is so confusing, if I don’t use my WDW tickets by their August 2024 date, they will have a credit value of what the same day/length ticket sells for the day I bought them. And that can be applied to a future ticket. Is that right?

Thank you! So, to clarify because this is so confusing, if I don’t use my WDW tickets by their August 2024 date, they will have a credit value of what the same day/length ticket sells for the day I bought them. And that can be applied to a future ticket. Is that right?
Yes.
Make note of the ticket number and value because it will disappear from your view in MDE though ticketing CMs can find it to upgrade.
Very important^
They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? This is worth avoiding any headaches. Once the ticket ‘expires’ it will no longer be listed in your MDE account.

As long as it is unused (never entered a park with it) the credit can be applied to a new ticket. Each ticket credit can only be used toward one new ticket. They will not refund the difference if the new ticket is less expensive than the credit.

Yes.

Very important^
They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? This is worth avoiding any headaches. Once the ticket ‘expires’ it will no longer be listed in your MDE account.

As long as it is unused (never entered a park with it) the credit can be applied to a new ticket. Each ticket credit can only be used toward one new ticket. They will not refund the difference if the new ticket is less expensive than the credit.
Thank you both so much! I appreciate it!

This offer ends tomorrow the 7th right? Meaning we can still purchase tomorrow?
I want to see if Rakuten goes big for Columbus Day Weekend as they usually do around holidays. I signed up for Top Cash App but it isn't currently showing anything pending from my purchase yesterday and would much rather use my Rakuten that I know for sure always tracks.
Rakuten was 15% with ShopDisney today

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter