Target Circle Offer- 20% off code tripadvisor things to do. Looks like it's applying to WDW tickets? STACK ME WITH CB SITE AND PP % Chase

Wanted to report back as I just renewed my Incredipass and applied a 7-day Tripadvisor park hopper dated December 23, 2023. I was only quoted an $810 value for the ticket, not the $921 I was expecting based on the gate prices at the time of purchase. I didn't push it but the CM and I surmised that 3rd parties buy tickets in batches, and perhaps Tripadvisor bought these tickets a while ago when ticket prices were lower than they currently are, and thus their value is less than I expected.

That said, I paid $728 for the ticket through Tripadvisor and it took $810 off my renewal so I still saved myself about $80. I also got around $16.50 back from my Chase offers as well as 2x points for travel (my topcashback still says $0, I have never used that before so I still need to reach out to them to see if they can process it). This is a little more than 10% off which is what I aim for when buying discounted Disney gift cards, so at the end of the day I still came out ahead but less than expected.

Just wanted to warn others in case you run into the same thing! Since $810 is what was showing on the CM's system it didn't seem like something worth fighting, I think others got the full $921 some pages back on this thread so not sure what was different for me other than maybe a different "batch" of tickets. This wasn't something I considered when using this deal so something to keep in mind when buying 3rd party in the future, the face value may be a little different than you expect. Depending on your future travel dates, you might get more "value" out of changing the dates on the ticket than applying towards an AP, if you have someone in your party that needs a regular dated ticket.

Wanted to report back as I just renewed my Incredipass and applied a 7-day Tripadvisor park hopper dated December 23, 2023. I was only quoted an $810 value for the ticket, not the $921 I was expecting based on the gate prices at the time of purchase. I didn't push it but the CM and I surmised that 3rd parties buy tickets in batches, and perhaps Tripadvisor bought these tickets a while ago when ticket prices were lower than they currently are, and thus their value is less than I expected.

That said, I paid $728 for the ticket through Tripadvisor and it took $810 off my renewal so I still saved myself about $80. I also got around $16.50 back from my Chase offers as well as 2x points for travel (my topcashback still says $0, I have never used that before so I still need to reach out to them to see if they can process it). This is a little more than 10% off which is what I aim for when buying discounted Disney gift cards, so at the end of the day I still came out ahead but less than expected.

Just wanted to warn others in case you run into the same thing! Since $810 is what was showing on the CM's system it didn't seem like something worth fighting, I think others got the full $921 some pages back on this thread so not sure what was different for me other than maybe a different "batch" of tickets. This wasn't something I considered when using this deal so something to keep in mind when buying 3rd party in the future, the face value may be a little different than you expect. Depending on your future travel dates, you might get more "value" out of changing the dates on the ticket than applying towards an AP, if you have someone in your party that needs a regular dated ticket.
The price of the annual passes increased recently, after the TA promo, so that's probably where the difference is.

The price of the annual passes increased recently, after the TA promo, so that's probably where the difference is.
I don't think the AP price increase, would decrease the value of the hopper that was purchased.

Yes the AP increase was in effect but for whatever reason, the hopper was not valued as highly as I had expected. The CM confirmed the ticket dates and park hopper option and that she could see it was purchased 3rd party, so I couldn't really think of what else it could be. I could have waited and done the renewal in person to see if I'd get a different answer but I'm always nervous about Disney ending the ticket bridging or another price increase (I know they just increased them but still, you never know!) so I just went ahead and did it.

Yes the AP increase was in effect but for whatever reason, the hopper was not valued as highly as I had expected. The CM confirmed the ticket dates and park hopper option and that she could see it was purchased 3rd party, so I couldn't really think of what else it could be. I could have waited and done the renewal in person to see if I'd get a different answer but I'm always nervous about Disney ending the ticket bridging or another price increase (I know they just increased them but still, you never know!) so I just went ahead and did it.
Ah, OK.

Hey everyone.
Hoping I can get an accurate answer here before I call Disney back.

My renewal window just opened for my AP and I called to use the tickets I purchased from this deal to use towards my renewal and the lady I spoke with at Disney said that I can use my 7 day hopper to purchase a new AP but I can’t use it to renew. That doesn’t seem to make much sense but what do I know😂
Has anyone used tickets to renew recently? Thanks so much.

Hey everyone.

My renewal window just opened for my AP and I called to use the tickets I purchased from this deal to use towards my renewal and the lady I spoke with at Disney said that I can use my 7 day hopper to purchase a new AP but I can’t use it to renew. That doesn’t seem to make much sense but what do I know😂
Call again, use the VIP Passholder line and they will need to loop in ticketing. Might have just been an uninformed CM as I did my renewal this week no problem. They did gently encourage me to wait to do it in person but I know things can change overnight so I said I’d prefer to do it online and it was no issue.

Call again, use the VIP Passholder line and they will need to loop in ticketing. Might have just been an uninformed CM as I did my renewal this week no problem. They did gently encourage me to wait to do it in person but I know things can change overnight so I said I’d prefer to do it online and it was no issue.
Thanks! That s what I figured but wanted to make sure.

Hey everyone.

I was under the impression that you could not use new tickets to renew.
Only to upgrade to a new pass.

Let us know what happens

I used my ticket last week and unfortunately my topcashback account did not change. It still shows 0. I've submitted a ticket, and they responded saying that they've put it "on ice" because this deal requires a wait of 30 days. I don't usually have issues with TCB, so hopefully they'll actually pay out.
Quoting myself here. My topcashback account is now showing the cash back for my purchase as confirmed and payable in 5 weeks. :)

I had to submit a ticket, but it worked.
Did you have to wait until after the dates of your ticket? Mine is showing as 0 earned from the purchase, but I am not going until March. I’m wondering if I need to wait to submit a ticket until after it is ‘consumed’

Did you have to wait until after the dates of your ticket? Mine is showing as 0 earned from the purchase, but I am not going until March. I’m wondering if I need to wait to submit a ticket until after it is ‘consumed’
I did wait. I used my park ticket earlier this month. I thought it would post automatically, but it didn't.

My tix are dates Jan9-14, 2024. I wanted to use a vouchers/tix toward a new annual pass. I was told that I can but the difference owed can't be paid with one of the other vouchers I purchase (I purchased 3 vouchers). Any one have any info about that?

Also, when I use it, will I still get my rebate (which isn't supposed to come until after the travel dates)?

I still only have 2 of the purchases tracking. They say they can't do anything about 1st one (the one that's not tracking) until after the travel dates.

ugh.

My tix are dates Jan9-14, 2024. I wanted to use a vouchers/tix toward a new annual pass. I was told that I can but the difference owed can't be paid with one of the other vouchers I purchase (I purchased 3 vouchers). Any one have any info about that?

Also, when I use it, will I still get my rebate (which isn't supposed to come until after the travel dates)?

I still only have 2 of the purchases tracking. They say they can't do anything about 1st one (the one that's not tracking) until after the travel dates.

ugh.
If I’m understanding correctly, you’re trying to use more than one ticket? I believe you can only use one, and have to pay the difference in cash. Check out this board: https://www.disboards.com/threads/using-multiple-tickets-to-upgrade-to-ap.3915620/

I was told that I can but the difference owed can't be paid with one of the other vouchers I purchase (I purchased 3 vouchers). Any one have any info about that?
Ticket upgrades are a 1:1 transaction. You can’t apply 2 tickets towards 1 AP.

Another DP for those interested. The same thing happened to me as happened to disneyhanna a few posts back. Bought the tickets from TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor gave the 5 day tickets a value of $672 each. I was finally within my 60 annual pass renewal today and proceeded to renew. Instead of the $672 value assigned by TripAdvisor, Disney only gave me $605 credit for them. On a positive point, there were no issues applying the $605 ticket value to renewing my annual passes. Still saved $$$ thanks to this post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter