"Tapping Out" at FP Touchpoint still okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know if you can do it the other way around? Can you book for F! and then book for Space? And since you have F! booked as your 3rd you can't book any 4th till after F!, right?
I was still typing. ;) But yes, you could book in either order and correct, you couldn't book any more until after the third one. No matter if you book 1 or 3 in advance, you have to use all 3 before adding a 4th.

I was still typing. ;) But yes, you could book in either order and correct, you couldn't book any more until after the third one. No matter if you book 1 or 3 in advance, you have to use all 3 before adding a 4th.
Thanks. I figured. I knew you could prebook 2 and book 1 in park 2 as soon as you use FP 1. But I hadn't ever tried to prebook 1 in park 1, book 1 in park 2 and then book one in park 1. Not sure why I would ever do that though. I'd just go on and book 2 in park 1 from the start but interesting to know it can be done

Off topic: I just returned on Saturday and I saw a couple of things I wonder if everyone know the answers.

We were waiting at Sorin for our FB time and I saw a family of 3 come up and tap and hold their bands there on the mickey. The Mickey flashed from blue to green on all of them. Maybe they were a little early and the CM just let them through?

Another thing I saw was a family scan their bands and the light was green with pink mixed in. I scan mine at the same Mickey and mine was just green. Anyone know what that was?

Just curious.

Off topic: I just returned on Saturday and I saw a couple of things I wonder if everyone know the answers.

We were waiting at Sorin for our FB time and I saw a family of 3 come up and tap and hold their bands there on the mickey.
1. The Mickey flashed from blue to green on all of them. Maybe they were a little early and the CM just let them through?

2. Another thing I saw was a family scan their bands and the light was green with pink mixed in. I scan mine at the same Mickey and mine was just green. Anyone know what that was?

Just curious.
1. Yes, they were early, or otherwise had an invalid FP and the CM let them through
2. That is a special MB interaction. I have the 45th Anniversary MB that has Small World on it. It does a few things at MK that are different. Different bands do different things at different parks and different readers. Colors and sounds are some of those things. Mine makes rainbow colors. I had a Valentine one that made kissy sounds and turned pink and a F&W one that clinked wine glasses

1. Yes, they were early, or otherwise had an invalid FP and the CM let them through
2. That is a special MB interaction. I have the 45th Anniversary MB that has Small World on it. It does a few things at MK that are different. Different bands do different things at different parks and different readers. Colors and sounds are some of those things. Mine makes rainbow colors. I had a Valentine one that made kissy sounds and turned pink and a F&W one that clinked wine glasses

my daughters alice through the looking glass one really surprises castmembers. I don't remember what it does but it goes different colors and it's a pattern they never see so they think it broke.

Yep, I have an Easter one that chirps and spins pretty pastel colors and also a Christmas one that still turns green in the middle but the outer circle spins in red and white (like a candy cane). Our new Pandora AP ones theoretically make some noise but we haven't been able to figure out what it's supposed to be. I always hope the CM's will notice when mine makes special colors, etc. but they're usually standing behind the Mickey head and don't see it.

Yep, I have an Easter one that chirps and spins pretty pastel colors and also a Christmas one that still turns green in the middle but the outer circle spins in red and white (like a candy cane). Our new Pandora AP ones theoretically make some noise but we haven't been able to figure out what it's supposed to be. I always hope the CM's will notice when mine makes special colors, etc. but they're usually standing behind the Mickey head and don't see it.
I've had very few notice too. Usually I don't notice myself. Sounds especially since it's almost always too noisy in the parks to hear the sounds. I have to make a special point to stop and listen. I know there was 1 time I heard my 45th band play a few bars of Small World, somewhere at MK. (not the ride as we didn't actually ride it the whole week)

Thanks so much!! This is really going to help us a ton for our upcoming trip. We're going to be in the parks for 17 days (yeah, I know, we're super lucky). However, we can only make FP+ selections for the first 7 days of the trip. We have a 7 day ticket at the moment...we're upgrading to AP as soon as we get there, but are staying off site anyway. Therefore, our last 10 days are kind of "freestyle". We can't make FP+ for day 8 of our trip until we've used all FP+ for day 1. So essentially, we're making FP+ only 7 days ahead. Having flexibility is awesome.

There's just so many "if this, then that", it's making my head hurt.

We have Park A and Park B.

My only FP+ is a Tier 1 in Park A at 9:00am

As soon as I tap, I can go into MDE and make another FP+ for Park B at 4:00am. It can even be a Tier 1 in Park B.

However, at that very moment (I'm in line for Tier 1 at Park A and have just made FP+ for Tier 1 at Park B), I cannot make another Tier 1 in Park A, correct? But I can make a Tier 2 in Park A? If so, can I keep making more and more Tier 2 in Park A as I go? So for example, I get off the Tier 1 ride in Park A, then make a Tier 2 FP+ in that same park for 11am, then 1pm, etc...

Alternatively, at that same moment (again, I'm in line for Tier 1 at Park A and have just made FP+ for Tier 1 at Park B), I can make a 2nd FP+ selection for Park B...but it would have to be a Tier 2 since I already booked a Tier 1 there for 4pm? Say that Tier 2 is at 1pm in Park B. After using that 1pm, and still holding that Tier 1 that I made while in Park A, can I then go grab another FP+ for 3pm in Park B?

Sorry, just trying to fully grasp this.

Thanks so much!! This is really going to help us a ton for our upcoming trip. We're going to be in the parks for 17 days (yeah, I know, we're super lucky). However, we can only make FP+ selections for the first 7 days of the trip. We have a 7 day ticket at the moment...we're upgrading to AP as soon as we get there, but are staying off site anyway. Therefore, our last 10 days are kind of "freestyle". We can't make FP+ for day 8 of our trip until we've used all FP+ for day 1. So essentially, we're making FP+ only 7 days ahead. Having flexibility is awesome.

There's just so many "if this, then that", it's making my head hurt.

We have Park A and Park B.

My only FP+ is a Tier 1 in Park A at 9:00am

As soon as I tap, I can go into MDE and make another FP+ for Park B at 4:00am. It can even be a Tier 1 in Park B.

1. However, at that very moment (I'm in line for Tier 1 at Park A and have just made FP+ for Tier 1 at Park B), I cannot make another Tier 1 in Park A, correct? But I can make a Tier 2 in Park A? If so, can I keep making more and more Tier 2 in Park A as I go? So for example, I get off the Tier 1 ride in Park A, then make a Tier 2 FP+ in that same park for 11am, then 1pm, etc...

2. Alternatively, at that same moment (again, I'm in line for Tier 1 at Park A and have just made FP+ for Tier 1 at Park B), I can make a 2nd FP+ selection for Park B...but it would have to be a Tier 2 since I already booked a Tier 1 there for 4pm? Say that Tier 2 is at 1pm in Park B. After using that 1pm, and still holding that Tier 1 that I made while in Park A, can I then go grab another FP+ for 3pm in Park B?

Sorry, just trying to fully grasp this.
1. Right. No more Tier 1 in Park A. You'd have to use all 3 FP in Park A to get another Tier 1 in Park A. If you plan to make a Tier 2 in Park A why not book it when you book your Tier 1 in Park A? I don't get why you'd wait to book it that day? It gains you nothing to wait. Booking the 1 in Park A from the start counts as 1 of your 7 days so just book 2 in Park A from the start, if that's what you want.

2. You can't make any more FP at Park B until you use your 3 FP, best I can recall.

The bottom line, you can have the prebook FP from park A, day of FP at Park B, in any combination you want for a total of 3. Then you get 1 at a time. That never changes.

1. Right. No more Tier 1 in Park A. You'd have to use all 3 FP in Park A to get another Tier 1 in Park A. If you plan to make a Tier 2 in Park A why not book it when you book your Tier 1 in Park A? I don't get why you'd wait to book it that day? It gains you nothing to wait. Booking the 1 in Park A from the start counts as 1 of your 7 days so just book 2 in Park A from the start, if that's what you want.

2. You can't make any more FP at Park B until you use your 3 FP, best I can recall.

The bottom line, you can have the prebook FP from park A, day of FP at Park B, in any combination you want for a total of 3. Then you get 1 at a time. That never changes.

Would you be willing to share your go to plans for implementing the split FPs? I'm planning on trying the Express Trans. to help make this more effective.
1) I can see pre booking Soarin' or FEA as early as possible (but I don't know if you can book earlier than 11am), scanning FP, then booking TSM/RnR and ToT or 2 MK rides like Space/Thunder. I'd covet the HS rides more but MK has more options after those 2.
2) pre book FoP or NRJ in am (RD the other) then book 2 HS or MK rides (EP tier 1's not likely available). Would normally book 3 at AK, but maybe trying to maximize Pandora rides across several early am's.
3) pre book TSM/RnR and/or ToT then book a MK or AK (like Kali, Safari, Everest).
I wouldn't split FP's beginning at MK (lack of tiers, plenty to choose from). 3rd FP at HS is usually not a big priority for me. 2 tier 2's at EP are usually low priority.

The contrarian thought that creeps in is that I'm staying longer than a week, hence I could justify not PH (bought PH+ options already though) at all since I could go to ea. park twice. Currently running into only 1 MNSHP 8/25 (closing at 7) and 2 late EMH (EP and MK on 8/29 & 8/30).

Would you be willing to share your go to plans for implementing the split FPs? I'm planning on trying the Express Trans. to help make this more effective.
1) I can see pre booking Soarin' or FEA as early as possible (but I don't know if you can book earlier than 11am), scanning FP, then booking TSM/RnR and ToT or 2 MK rides like Space/Thunder. I'd covet the HS rides more but MK has more options after those 2.
2) pre book FoP or NRJ in am (RD the other) then book 2 HS or MK rides (EP tier 1's not likely available). Would normally book 3 at AK, but maybe trying to maximize Pandora rides across several early am's.
3) pre book TSM/RnR and/or ToT then book a MK or AK (like Kali, Safari, Everest).
I wouldn't split FP's beginning at MK (lack of tiers, plenty to choose from). 3rd FP at HS is usually not a big priority for me. 2 tier 2's at EP are usually low priority.

The contrarian thought that creeps in is that I'm staying longer than a week, hence I could justify not PH (bought PH+ options already though) at all since I could go to ea. park twice. Currently running into only 1 MNSHP 8/25 (closing at 7) and 2 late EMH (EP and MK on 8/29 & 8/30).
You got it better than I could! Really. Any of you ideas are very good uses of splitting up FP across parks.
The biggest key is if you have a park where you want 3 FP in advance, it's not a good option.
Only use this when you don't want 3
We tend to use it more when going between HS and EP than anything.
We tend to leave MK as a stand alone park since it has so many rides.

Thanks. With respect to point 1, you're exactly right. My example wasn't very good. I agree that if I was staying in Park A and making a Tier 2, I'd do it at the same time. I was just confirming that under any circumstance, I cannot make another Tier 1 in Park A until I've used 3 FP+ there.

So from the way I'm understanding it, the best plan may be staying in Park A and doing most things, then hopping to B right before that FP+.

Thanks. With respect to point 1, you're exactly right. My example wasn't very good. I agree that if I was staying in Park A and making a Tier 2, I'd do it at the same time. I was just confirming that under any circumstance, I cannot make another Tier 1 in Park A until I've used 3 FP+ there.

So from the way I'm understanding it, the best plan may be staying in Park A and doing most things, then hopping to B right before that FP+.
Yep, exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter