Tampa?

I've flown in for a conference in Clearwater Beach for several years, I never found a good way to get to Disney that was better than a 1 day rental. My TA lived in St. Pete and they agreed, rental was the best option.

Is there an easy way to get to Tampa from Disney without driving?
Is there a reason you don’t want to drive? It really is the most efficient way to move between Tampa and Orlando. There are a few bus services between the two cities, and the Amtrak Silver Star route also goes between the two, but you would still need transportation to and from the respective stations. Personally I wouldn’t recommend taking either, but it’s just a preference on my part.

It’s not a fun drive across I-4, but it is the most direct and efficient way to go.

It is a long, boring drive on I-4 but super easy and efficient. I would just do a car rental.

Is there a reason you don’t want to drive? It really is the most efficient way to move between Tampa and Orlando. There are a few bus services between the two cities, and the Amtrak Silver Star route also goes between the two, but you would still need transportation to and from the respective stations. Personally I wouldn’t recommend taking either, but it’s just a preference on my part.

It’s not a fun drive across I-4, but it is the most direct and efficient way to go.

I do not like driving at the best of times.

Uber or private car would be the only direct routes. There is a bus that goes from downtown Tampa to downtown Orlando, but you'd need to arrange transportation on either end, and the whole process would take at least 3x as long. An Uber all the way there is about $100, while the bus combinations plus local rides would be around $40 but takes around 4-5 hours.

Are you flying from Canada (based on your profile) to Tampa in order to get to Disney? Do you have any other flight options that would make Orlando your destination vs. Tampa?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter