Tampa international to wdw

nelsonkg

Mouseketeer
We are flying in to Tampa this year and I will be renting a car or using a car service whichever is easier. Has anyone ever used a car service from TPA that they could recommend? Thanks!

We are flying in to Tampa this year and I will be renting a car or using a car service whichever is easier. Has anyone ever used a car service from TPA that they could recommend? Thanks!

Using a car service might be easier, but a rental car would probably be cheaper and more convenient. I would go with a rental car 99% of the time.

It's a very easy drive to WDW from the Tampa airport and it takes about 1 hour 15 minutes. Many of the car rental companies are now at the airport itself. IMO, they are all the same so I would just pick the one with the cheapest price that is at the airport.

My sister and I just did this in October.
We flew into Tampa, rented through Enterprise, and flew out of Orlando.
The drive was very easy. We ran into a little traffic near Tampa's airport but it wasn't anything crazy. I'd say it took about an hour and a half to get to Orlando.
Very pleasant experience.

We just flew in and out of Tampa last week for Thanksgiving as the prices were a fraction of the cost of Orlando. I would rent a car, it is super easy and convenient. We flew in/out on Saturdays so there was no real traffic in Tampa and it is an easy drive. Basically you get on I-4 to Disney.

The airport is much smaller too. So the extra driving time will more than likely be made up by the time savings at ticketing, security, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter