• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Talking my boyfriend into going...

BeckWhy

<font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain
Does anyone have any ideas of how I could talk my boyfriend into going with me to Disney World?

Becky

Is he not a disney nut?? If not, I have some great tips.
What types of things does he like to do...golf perhaps..have played several courses there..it was fun. Does he like to Swim...how about do the waterparks for a few days. does he like to have drinks now and then.....there are some great bars and lounges...also...i have had a blast doing an around the world at Epcot..tried lots of different brews and such. does he like clubs and dancing...pleasure island would be fun. does he like sports ---the ESPN club is fun. There is mini golfing, movies, shopping..anything. Backstage tours would be fun too.
Is he into race cars....how about the Richard Petty driving experience? There are tons of options. One thing that may convince him is to give him to space to do his own thing...while you can do what you want. meet up later and you will each have a ton of things to share with each other! let me know if you want more ideas

I told my boyfriend that going to WDW would be cheaper than going to Tahiti *lol* He was a bit skeptical about going at first because he thought it would only be fun for kids ... So I said we could go for a short trip 6 days and I would take care of all the planning -- transportation, tickets and meals. He had so much fun there, we're going back this year. I agree with Geebs find a couple of things he might like to do ... also plan a couple of non-park days so you'll be able to take a break from everything.

order the vacation planning video from disney. get the one for adults. it will show him that it isnt just for kids.

I don't know if its so much him not wanting to go or if its the factit costs a lot. We are also going to Myrtle Beach in August. But, he likes speed, so I know the Richard Petty Race car thing will be kinda cool for him, but he's not old enough to legally buy alcohol, and basically other than that the only things i know he's into are cars, his friends, and me. And trust me that's it. That's all his life revolves around.

Take it from an old marrried woman. Tell him that you want to go to WDW and that you would like him to go. Show him the vacation video, guidebooks ,etc. If he is still not interested, go by yourself or or invite a girlfriend or family member to go.

I know this is none of my business, but have you ever traveled together before? If not, may I suggest a short trip someplace close to home. That way you can be sure your ideas of fun work together. I have dated the same man for 14 years. We are very close and he does not do Disney. That is OK. I do it without him. He goes fly fishing without me. (I can't be quite for that long! LOL!!!)

The Petty thing is fun but fairly expensive so you would probably want to plan ahead for that one.

Well, he said he would go, but he didn't wanna pay. I'm sure his parents would pay for him if he was "good." I don't know. I think I am a bit paranoid about the whole thing, because when I had talked to him about it, he was like "i'll go I just don't want to pay," but when his friends talked about going to Myrtle Beach he was all for it and willing to pay. I don't know. I hate when he does that!

Pardon me if I am assuming wrong based on your comments, but it sounds like you have not been in a relationship for very long. It also sounds as though the two of you might still be quite young. Teenagers maybe? I see that you are living in NY. Disney can be a very expensive trip. If your bf isn't into it then I do not think you should push the subject. If he has to have his parents pay for the trip by being "good", then perhaps the two of you are not ready to take a trip so far away and at such an expense. Please do not take offense, and if I am wrong then I apologize.

LoL! Well we definately aren't married! And yes we are young, but not teenages. As I have said, we are already taking a trip together to Myrtle Beach in August. Disney wouldn't come until after. Anyways, I'm almost positive its not the fact it being him, it's probably more or less he's the only person I can travel with. All my friends are teenagers and still in high school, and my mom doesn't think it's a good idea to travel with them (liability reasons). And my boyfriend is the only one I have who is over 18 and I won't have to worry about liability.

Let me see if I can help. I have been to Disney with my parents, a girlfriend, a buddy, and my wife (different then girlfriend :D )

My 1st two trips to Disney with my parents were incredible. Now when I go back to Disney part of the fun is remembering the fun I had.

When I went with my girlfriend it was fun since she had never been and wanted to go.

When I went with a Buddy right after we graduated from College it was a different story and my least fun trip to Disney. Why? Because he just didn't *get* the Disney thing. He looked at it like an amusement park and wanted to hit all the rides. I like the WHOLE Disney experience.

Now when I went with my wife last summer we had a great time, but she gets *it*.

So I would not recommend going to Disney with someone one does not get the Disney Magic.

.02$

I'm with Susy, every year my ds(7) and I plan our trip and ask him to join us, he always refuses. We go without him, I think at this point we are secretly hoping he refuses, he would seriously cramp our touring style!!! I'm almost an old married woman so I know what i'm talking about!LOL!!!

First of all if it's the cost....explain to him you can go to wdw cheaper than going to the Jersey shore.

Guilt him into it if you can...tell him it is something that means alot to you. I know guilt is not generally good advice...but my bf was the same way before this trip. He thought is was too expensive....and that I planned too much...and maybe we should go someplace different.

The result...once we were there, he had me book a 2nd vacation for this year.

Once they are there....they always end up loving it.

Also...if you can convince him to go....do a little research and plan out things you think he'd enjoy. Make the vacation magical for him and I guarantee you'll get him to go back year after year.

Good luck !!!!

Just two more cents worth from another "old married woman": Any man who doesn't want to pay his own way isn't worth taking a trip with.............If he doesn't want to go, go without him!!!

If you have to talk him in to it why bother.

I am now 28 and my chap 32, we have been together for 11 years not married. From day one we split EVERYthing 50-50. If he doesn't want to pay for a holiday what does he want to pay for.

Actually, I think I might have found away around going without my boyfriend. I just hope he can go without seeing me for a week ;) .

Thanks a Bunch Everyone
Becky

Wait until you find someone that really means the WORLD to you...it will make it all worth it in the end...I FINALLY talked my BF into going to WDW...the trick was explaining how WE were going to finance it and how WE were going to do the things that we wanted to. My tax refund is paying for most of the trip...but I've caught him tossing some change into our Disney Fund when he thought I wasn't looking...

How do you eat and elephant? One bite at a time...

There is no way I would have gotten him to go 2 years ago when we first got together...2 years later my work-a-holic is willing to take the time off and spend it with me in WDW...but he also got his say in a few things too...We've had to compromise and rearrange somethings but he's looking forward to it as much as I am (even if he doesn't want to admit it!)

If this guy is worth the "investment" of a Disney trip and all of the magic that goes with it...make a "plan" and stick to it-together... its something you both have to want and both are willing to work on...just like any relationship...

Not to be off Disney topic here...but promise him Islands of Adventure. If he doesn't get excited over that, he's prolly dead. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter