Talk to me about June trips

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
Hi family of 4 who usually go during the last 2 weeks of August but have a dcl scheduled at that time next year. We want to sneak in a trip before our girls turn 10 and our options are June 25-30, 2022 or our week off at spring break (don’t think I want to do that). What is that week in June typically like? bonus points if anyone can compare august to June 😂.

We've been both those weeks. They're equally hot and humid, but less chance of a hurricane in June (we once had to extend our trip 5 days in late August due to hurricane-related flight cancellations). Higher crowd levels in June because the local schools are out for the summer; lower in late August because Florida schools have restarted. August is better, IMHO.

Everything philharmagic fan said! I've been there during both months. August was a bit more bearable for me as the week we hit in June was very very humid. But....in her best Elsa voice....the heat never bothered me anyway. The crowds are far better in August...but if I had to choose between June and Spring Break for crowds, I'd choose June.

We were there over spring break June of 2019 when our daughter went with the band and I didn’t think the crowds were horrible. They were very similar to our June trips but we always went earlier in June like around the 10th or 11th. If I had to pick between those two again, I’d probably pick March just because the weather is so much better. We’ve never been in August though. We’ve been in July several times, late Sept and early Dec.

the order of best times to go based on when we went based on crowds and weather is:

Early Dec
Late Sept
Late March
June
July

Our June 2019 trip (first week) was miserably hot. Real feel 110 by 10am hot. It was awful, but it was technically a heat wave so maybe a bit of an anomaly. We couldn’t really enjoy the scenery, it was just racing from one A/C to the next lol.

That being said we had very little rain and low chances of hurricanes. Unfortunately if we go back sometime it will probably have to be June again. Sigh.

We usually go over spring break (Easter Week), this year as a result of many covid related trip cancelations we booked a trip during the last week of June. We thought it'd be a one off. But we ended up loving the lower crowds and we didn't mind the heat or rain. We ended up booking our return trip for next June, instead of April so I'd say June for the win!

We went last week of June once. It was muggy and steamy, even at 8am walking to the bus stop. Noticeable difference between late May/early June and late June.

Our June 2019 trip (first week) was miserably hot. Real feel 110 by 10am hot. It was awful, but it was technically a heat wave so maybe a bit of an anomaly. We couldn’t really enjoy the scenery, it was just racing from one A/C to the next lol.

That being said we had very little rain and low chances of hurricanes. Unfortunately if we go back sometime it will probably have to be June again. Sigh.
We’ve gone twice in August and both times have left a day before a hurricane hits the last time was Dorian and the airport was crazy! We got lucky! I’d love to go in October but alas I’m a teacher and stuck to our holiday schedule.

We’ve gone several times in both June and August (and July). Both are hot, muggy and can be miserable. August has a bigger chance of hurricanes but it will still rain in June. I think I prefer June only because if you can go early enough in the month the crowds are the same as later August and the chances of a hurricane are lower.

ETA I just reread the original post. If it were me, I’d go over your spring break. It will be just as crowded but the weather will be much more pleasant

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter