Talk my DH into a pre-Christmast trip, please!

corinascot

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to talk DH into a pre-Christmas trip to WDW with our 12 year old son. We'd probably arrive the night of the 18th and stay 4 nights. But we were just there in April during Spring break, and we have gone 4 years in a row. DH says he's kind of disney'ed out, which I understand (sort of??) But I think the Christmas trip will be a whole different experience and very special. Am I wrong?

Thanks!

Christmas time at Disney is magical :wizard: It's my favorite time of year there. There are so many things to see and do that are only at the holidays: decorations (amazing!), MVMCP, CP, Osborne Lights....... It really is wonderful! :santa:

Once a year for 4 years has DH Disney'd out? :confused3 We went Aug 06, June 07 and have Dec 07 & Easter 08 already planned :rolleyes1

I share your pain :eek:

DH can only stand Disney to a point and our upcoming trip will probably be our last trip for a very long time. I'm sure the two main reasons I convinced him to go one more time were to see the decorations/special events and it was the last chance to travel with our son before he graduates from college and goes out into the world!

Have him look at this Christmas photo thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1572716

If he's worried about touring and getting no rest time, tell him he can relax at the resort and have time on his own. Make sure he'll get to do things he wants to do!

And if he really doesn't want to go, so be it. Either go without him, or go to Disney another time when he's ready.

Good luck!

disney is great at xmas
we have gone down for a week before xmas the past 2 years and will be back this year to. My dh feels the same way about going alot but once we get there hes fine.

The pictures are great! I thought about leaving DH at home (and ds for that matter, he's been such a moody middle schooler lately) but I'd like us all to go. I reminded dh that the parks close at a reasonable hour, and it should be more relaxed than Easter or summer, when we've previously visited. I promise not to make us rush around too much. It's all I want for Christmas!

I think I'll make a reservation and keep working on him.

Thanks all!

I know I fall in the minority here...but I say, respect his wishes. Skip it this Christmas. Give him a break, and the next time you go, he will be happier, and maybe you can splurge a little more. There is always next year!

Just my two cents!

I agree that Christmas is a completly different time at WDW. To me it's a whole different experience than going at other times of the year, with all of the added decorations and special events such as tree lightings, Candlelight Processional, and holidays around the world. It's hard for me to understand anyone not wanting to go to WDW whenever they have the chance, of course I'm as Disney obsessed as my DW, if not a little more....HA! :wave2:

My DH is a "once a year is great" kind of guy. Me, I need my fix more often.

So, my son (age 4.5) are headed down Dec. 14th-24th for our second "mommy and me" trip. I can't wait! (For my DH, 10 days home all alone with no husband or daddy duties to fulfill is his idea of a real vacation!) :rotfl:

Christmas season is really something at WDW. One year we went a few days after Xmas Day and stayed through to the New Year. It was crowded, I won't lie but the property is decked out like you would not believe! Sometime in my life I want to go that week again. Everywhere you go you see decorations, trees, etc and hear holiday music. One of my fondest memories. :thumbsup2

First off, I'm a male, married and over 50 and we love Disney too much. I can sympathize with your DH if you have scheduled out the whole trip and ran around commando style. We used to do that when our children we young but now that they are grown and gone, wife and I get annual passes, visit WDW twice a year, stay for at least 10 nights and always stay deluxe. Our trips are more sedate now, relaxing and care free. We come and go as we please, dine where we want, no DDP, no ADr's. We really enjoy hanging out at the resort and pool, have picnics at the pool, late night drinks there also. Popping into the MK just for a window shopping spree up Main Street and a Casey's hot dog is great, we pop over to FW for some pizza and beer some evenings, we play minature golf, walk the BW, hit POFQ and listen to the jazz at the Scat Club.

We come home seeing the best of what we like and have a more relaxing feeling from no schedules or ADR's. We like going back and usually can't wait to make another reservation as soon as we get home, this past September was our 39th visit but the unscheduled touring has made our trips the best.

We went 2 times in 2006 once in June and then in Nov. and then we just got back from free dining 8/27-9/4. I'm already planning for Dec. '08 and trying for this April for my husband's 40th birthday surprise. My husband's not a big Disney fan like me or my kids but if you can do it I would go. The decorations and the feel of what's going on is so special and so worth the extra trip! Make him go!!!!:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter