Talk me into paying $1500/night for a GF club room

Well a good chunk of your quote is for the park tickets with hopper and Genie+ added in. You would pay for that no matter where you stay. Have you asked for the same quote without club level? You might find the difference helps you decide if it's worth it. I would stay at GF since that's what your mom wants but I wouldn't spend for the upgrade to club. Save the money and splurge on a couple of nice meals.
Curious how you know this based on the original post? I didn't see them mention a package quote

Curious how you know this based on the original post? I didn't see them mention a package quote

The total cost is in OP's post #6. I looked at the cost of a 6 day hopper pass plus Genie + for three people since OP indicated they would be staying 5 nights and would get those options.

My mom just lost my dad to cancer. After 6 months of not leaving the house, she has agreed to let me take her to WDW. My sister will also be going. Mom's always wanted to stay at the GF. I checked club room prices (I'd like to go all out) and whoa! $1500 a night.

This is for those of you who pay that amount for a room like this (SOMEONE out there HAS to be). Talk me into reserving this room. Is it worth it? Will the club level be all that?

I really want to treat my mom, we technically have the money, but ouch! I'd be footing the entire bill for the room.
Stay at the GF but forgo club level. The GF has room service (or at least it did last March), so the money saved from not booking club level can be used to spend on room service while still having lots left over.

Or, if money is no object, book club level. If money is an object for you, I think the GF is nice, but that club level is the part of the splurge that just isn't needed.

Another suggestion is to rent a Grand Floridian Villa via DVC if possible. That would be more economical.

Stay at the GF but forgo club level. The GF has room service (or at least it did last March), so the money saved from not booking club level can be used to spend on room service while still having lots left over.

I must respectfully disagree that room service, while possibly quite practical, contributes much to a dream stay.

Yes, the GF has excellent room service food. Or has had when we've gotten it--once twice in a single day.

It's simply a meal, though, and not nearly as much fun as picking and choosing your way through the club lounge offerings. The lounge munchies are like a series of little surprises, an adventure discovering which you find most yummy.

Another suggestion is to rent a Grand Floridian Villa via DVC if possible. That would be more economical.

Oh, dear! Now, I feel forced to diss my beloved home resort. :guilty:

VGF has lovely rooms, but the pamper-factor is definitely lacking. You actually must make your own coffee or tea (the drudgery! :snooty:) or trek over to Gasparilla Grill to get either. At CL, you simply hop an elevator, walk a bit, and serve self from an array of coffees (brewed or espresso machine) and teas, along with juices and lemonade midday to late afternoon. Canned sodas, beers and wine coolers are available for a quick reach into the fridges all day long until around 11:00 p.m

Noooooo, not for a dream trip, when the OP states she can afford to give her mom a club level stay.

Club level simply makes one feel ever so pampered and cozy--perfect for a dream-come-true stay.

I must respectfully diagree that room service, while possibly practical, contributes much to a dream stay.

Yes, the GF has excellent room service food.

It's simply a meal, though, and not nearly as much fun as picking and choosing your way through the club lounge offerings. The lounge munchies are like a series of little surprises, an adventure discovering which you find most yummy.

Oh, dear! Now, I feel forced to diss my beloved home resort. :guilty:

VGF has lovely rooms, but the pamper-factor is definitely lacking. You actually must make your own coffee or tea (the drudgery!) or trek over to Gasparilla Grill to get either. At CL, you simply hop an elevator, walk a bit, and serve self from an array of coffees (brewed or espresso machine) and teas, along with juices and lemonade midday to late afternoon. Canned sodas, beers and wine coolers are available for a quick reach into the fridges all day long until around 11:00 p.m

Noooooo, not for a dream trip, when the OP states she can afford to give her mom a club level stay.

Club level simply makes one feel ever so pampered and cozy--perfect for a dream-come-true stay.
To each his own. Some people find club level pampering, others find it to be glorified snacks. Whatever makes the OP's mom happy & she can afford.

Last edited:
For THIS specific situation, I'd say it's worth it. Treat your mom to what she deserves after such a difficult time. It's just money. You can't take it with you.

In a normal "annual vacation" scenario, I'd say absolutely not worth it.

If you feel you can afford it, you and your mom deserve some special memories and healing. However, my thought is that you seem to be waffling as to is it worth it. Everyone has their own determination as to what “worth it” means to them. I would suggest a split stay, even if it is one night (last night perhaps?) to your trip. A co worker of mine has to DVC units and had enough points to get a suite at GF. They stayed there the last night and loved it. There was a bunch of them as they are the grandparents taking kids/grandkids. It was a rainy night so decided to stay in with room service. It was awesome.

My parents were world travelers and spent lots of money on so many trips, yet $1500 per night would put them in heart failure. LOL

How much time will you be spending at the resort? That is a big factor for me if I am planning a concierge stay. Do you plan on being at the resort most evenings? If you do , than I would say go for it. If not, I would look into renting or booking a one or two bedroom villa in the DVC building. The rooms are beautiful, with more space and a washer/dryer. You would still be in her dream resort, but you would not have to rush back in the early evening to get your money’s worth.

My mom just lost my dad to cancer. After 6 months of not leaving the house, she has agreed to let me take her to WDW. My sister will also be going. Mom's always wanted to stay at the GF. I checked club room prices (I'd like to go all out) and whoa! $1500 a night.

This is for those of you who pay that amount for a room like this (SOMEONE out there HAS to be). Talk me into reserving this room. Is it worth it? Will the club level be all that?

I really want to treat my mom, we technically have the money, but ouch! I'd be footing the entire bill for the room.
I took MY mom when she was ready after my dad died back in 2017. Best trip! My my loved it! I did 2 days. BWI,cl and 2 at GF main building . We still talk about it and when I am there I think so fondly of our time there. My home has t been up to traveling since , so I m glad I did.

So this year my mil that lives in Florida was alone for Christmas. My sil had to cancel last minute due to HER mil moving into hospice. My dh and friends booked a last minute golf trip. I refused to stay at the Hilton with the group. Instead I booked another BWI Cl /GF RPC split. I had my mil arrive 9Am on 12/30 and get get picked up late as she wanted 12/31 which was our moving day,

it was awesome! She loved club level! Mil and fil used to visit us at wdw over the years but he passed around the time we started doing cl. Mil doesn’t walk too far and hasn’t been interested with wdw the past few years. I kept reassuring her there is lots to do and to come.

She loved sitting on patios, riding boats, having a nice cup of coffee , checking out what was available throughout the day…..

What I paid was more since it was NYE. Will I pay that again? Probably not. Was it worth it? YES! It was a once in a lifetime trip and mom and I had such a nice time while dh golfed. He thengot be with her the rest of the day both days. It was just so easy!

I dragged her to the 5th floor of the main building. The views are so amazing! I have been there a few times since reopening. The morning and evening are still wonderful. For all the cl’s the midday is not what it used to be. Hoever there is definitely snacks and beverages and a nice view of lobby, or grounds waiting!

Let me know if you have any questions. Book it while you see it, it does sell out ! You can always cancel or change, it.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Main bldg club level GF (mid sept 5 nights) 3 people, park hopper and genie plus:

For me, when staying CL (at Universal and Disneyland; I never have at WDW) there is "calculus" involved. It would drive me up a wall to pay THAT much for the CL room while being in the parks all day. If I'm doing CL, it has to be on the inexpensive side if I'm hitting the parks much.

But everyone's trip calculus is different.

Well a good chunk of your quote is for the park tickets with hopper and Genie+ added in. You would pay for that no matter where you stay. Have you asked for the same quote without club level?

And I would get the quote with just the room, or with just regular tickets and no G+, or G+ and non-hopper (is that possible?). Just to have all the info.

Is it like that now, though?

First off, I have never done CL, though I've thought about it many times and decided against it (b/c I'm too cheap for my own good sometimes). I've also never stayed at GF.

That out of the way, being someone who lost my mom last October after a VERY lengthy battle with dementia, I say if you can and are comfortable with it, DO IT!

If you're on the fence, maybe do a split stay a few nights at a cheaper resort, then move after the second night and surprise her with her dream room! You'd probably save $1500 or so (depending on where you stay), get to see/experience more than one resort, and up the "wow" factor of the vacation halfway through!

You could also consider a Land & Sea trip and stay in a cheaper room at WDW, then do a short cruise out of Port Canaveral. I love cruising (never thought I'd say that) and a Disney cruise is a bucket list item for me.

Whatever you choose.... slow down and just breathe in the joy of spending time with your mom. And then give her a good tight hug.

I wasn't suggesting a split stay as it seemed like OP wanted a full 5 days there, but a split would definitely save some money.

You may be tempted when you see how much you actually save by staying somewhere like POFQ or Swan or even garden wing CR the first two days. Do a long park day on day 2 and then you will be ready to rest and relax at your CL resort on day 3. Also I wouldn't do hoppers if you are staying CL. You want to spend some time at the resort vs all day at the parks. More savings pirate: Also read up on G+. Many people recommend only doing it in certain parks, so only buy it on those days. Or even just stay at a mod during arrival day since it's so hectic anyway. Head out early next day to GF.

Cons: you have to move. You may not be able to book all of your dining until the next reservation starts (someone correct me if that is not the case) But it's easier to book lunches than dinners, see below...

Pros: First travel day can be hectic so I always feel CL on the first day is kind of wasted unless you arrive super early in the day.
You can save a LOT of money.
On you rmove day, we take our bags with us in a Lyft, early to the new hotel. Have breakfast there as your lounge benefits start on check-in day and last through the day of departure. And we usually do this on Epcot day because this park opens the latest.
We usually book a lunch vs dinner on CL days, and use the CL offerings as a light dinner.
It's fun staying at/seeing two resorts and you get a freshly cleaned room on day 3.

You can have the trip of a lifetime and save money too. Use the extra on a special experience or dinner. Or save it for something else.

Last edited:
I am so sorry for your loss. As far as the money goes, I would absolutely do it. It's a ridiculous amount of money, sure, but...time and joy are priceless. Being able to travel with your mom and know she's experiencing some extra pampering (in the lounge, etc) would be worth it. At the risk of over-sharing, a few years ago I was talking to a therapist about ridiculous it was to spend the money to go to WDW 1-2 times a year, overpay for hotels (and there were more benefits then!), etc. But it was the only place where I felt like everything was right and taken care of. She interrupted me and said "Are you jeopardizing your finances by doing it, as in you're going to fall behind on bills?" I said no, but it was taking money we'd otherwise save. She said, "Prioritize joy. If your joy is Disney, that's your indulgence. Give yourself permission to prioritize it." I haven't stayed club level before, but I'm saving up for my dream Christmas-season trip in 2023 and am considering it, along with possibly figuring out ways to pay for my parents to go (that's a TON of money for us! We're teachers!) But my traveling time with them is likewise growing short, and God willing we're all here in December 2023, I will pay every upgrade and prioritize joy. God bless. I'm cheering for you!
Just coming in to say that was beautiful, Ursula! Really great thoughts there, I definitely agree with you.

OP, I hope that someone who's stayed CL at the GF posts here, because who knows what's going on at any given resort at the moment. We stayed in a savanna-view room at AKL in December and had practically zero housekeeping. The hallways were littered with people's trays and trash bags and our room was made up exactly once during our 8-night stay.

And we paid $250+ more per night for that room than we've ever paid at AKL.

Perhaps things at CL at the GF are better. It is Disney's flagship resort. But $1,500/night? For one room? No, I don't think so.

Yes, I was there in December and the housekeeping situation was a nightmare. They tried to talk me out of any housekeeping, I refused and agreed to once every 3 days. In 9 days they came once, and I had to keep calling. They just told me to find a housekeeping cart in the hallways and take what I needed.

Since you said your moms dream is to stay GF with no mention of CL I would do a regular room at GF with maybe a nice view. Give her the dream resort and save a lot of cash. Go to some nice dinners.

Before Covid, I had status at two hotel chains. I stayed club plenty, usually JW Marriott. I stayed at AKL club level post Covid, and I was pretty disappointed. The "lunch" was some kids lunchables and some snacks like cookies. You can watch the recent Paging Mr Morrow about the AKL Club Level. I do not consider this club level anywhere near what even a nice business hotel would have. I would have felt like a chump if I paid $1500 for it. Sure, some pleasant soup and a "free" sangria was nice when we got back from the park. You can do that with room service at VGF.

Maybe VGF Club Level is better? I doubt it.

If I were spending this money, I would do it at the real luxury, the Waldorf/Four Seasons kind of stuff. Heck, JW Marriott has club level I bet. Disney has made it clear they aren't competing in this category for a long time. They don't even have king size beds.

Well a good chunk of your quote is for the park tickets with hopper and Genie+ added in. You would pay for that no matter where you stay. Have you asked for the same quote without club level? You might find the difference helps you decide if it's worth it. I would stay at GF since that's what your mom wants but I wouldn't spend for the upgrade to club. Save the money and splurge on a couple of nice meals.
If I'm not mistaken, that looks like just the room plus tax, not tickets w/hopper and G+, that's just $1500 a night for 5 nights.

Before Covid, I had status at two hotel chains. I stayed club plenty, usually JW Marriott. I stayed at AKL club level post Covid, and I was pretty disappointed. The "lunch" was some kids lunchables and some snacks like cookies. You can watch the recent Paging Mr Morrow about the AKL Club Level. I do not consider this club level anywhere near what even a nice business hotel would have. I would have felt like a chump if I paid $1500 for it. Sure, some pleasant soup and a "free" sangria was nice when we got back from the park. You can do that with room service at VGF.

Maybe VGF Club Level is better? I doubt it.

If I were spending this money, I would do it at the real luxury, the Waldorf/Four Seasons kind of stuff. Heck, JW Marriott has club level I bet. Disney has made it clear they aren't competing in this category for a long time. They don't even have king size beds.
I've stayed at AKL Cl & GF CL (both RPC and SL), and AKL is nowhere close to GF CL in terms of service (or price, for good reason). Of course they still haven't brought back afternoon tea, or the midday offerings like they had pre-covid, and for me that's a big no-go. I personally wouldn't pay that no matter how nice the CL, but I will stay at some of the others with lower price points. I tend to do an ADR midday anyway so the midday offerings don't bother me, but that's just me. My husband and I just priced Four Seasons the other day, and yeah you're looking at paying the same kind of prices, and of course the experience is luxury but you do give up some of the Disney. For those that want to be on property that's a big thing. While we love those hotels when we do other travel, it is kind of a hassle when going to Disney to get back and forth, and we like being in the bubble so will do the premium for that. I just took my dad last week and rented points for a nice 2 bedroom villa, took him to signature dining, let him make a light saber and droid, and did the after fireworks dessert party. I probably could have taken him to a much fancier place to stay for a similar price point, but it wouldn't have been the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter