Talk me into Beach Club

pugbug

Earning My Ears
I'm booked at Beach Club for a January trip. I've never stayed before, and I'm tempted to switch to AKL because I love it and it's cheaper. I'm worried BC isn't worth the extra money because I probably can't use the pool due to weather, and I'm not planning on spending more than an evening at EPCOT (short trip). The cost between BC and AKL isn't a lot, but AKL would save me a bit. So, since I'm on the fence, talk me into BC. I've booked a standard room, if that helps.

I love staying in the Epcot resorts (all of them) since we usually spend a couple of nights at Epcot and enjoy being able to walk Epcot as well as HS. However if you are only planing on doing Epcot for one night and can save some $$ I would just go with AKL.

At the Beach Club, you have a greater variety of restaurants available. Between the Yacht/Beach Club restaurants (steakhouse, seafood buffet, ice cream etc). You also have the Flying Fish and the Italian restaurants at Boardwalk.

Then add in the Dolphin/Swan restaurants (which adds in another Italian and Steakhouse, along with a sushi place).

There are a few other restaurant choices Big River and ESPN

Also there is Jellyrolls if you like dueling pianos bars

Things Beach Club has that Animal Kingdom Lodge doesn't have:
1. An ice cream parlor*
*sort of. more like an abridged version of an ice cream parlor during refurbishment
2. Another resort literally next door. Lounges and restaurants!
2.5 Yet another resort right over there across the lake. More lounges and restaurants!
2.75 Two more resorts back thattaway. Even more lounges and restaurants!
3. Quick and easy access to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios, no bus needed!
3.5 Can wish guests riding the Skyliner "good luck!"
4. Smaller resort = shorter walk to your room
5. A lighthouse
5.5 Boat transportation!
6. No animal smells (little kids don't count)
7. It's blue

I'm booked at Beach Club for a January trip. I've never stayed before, and I'm tempted to switch to AKL because I love it and it's cheaper. I'm worried BC isn't worth the extra money because I probably can't use the pool due to weather, and I'm not planning on spending more than an evening at EPCOT (short trip). The cost between BC and AKL isn't a lot, but AKL would save me a bit. So, since I'm on the fence, talk me into BC. I've booked a standard room, if that helps.

I love BC, but if you aren't using the pool and only spending one evening in EP, I would switch to AKL. No reason to spend the extra for BC if you aren't going to utilize its perks.

I have stayed at AKL Kindani and even though we loved the atmosphere, the sounds , and the smells ( Yes inside the resort villas smelled wonderful ) and the savanah is beyond peaceful, we keep going back to beach club. This November will be our 3rd trip there. we love it because of the view of the boardwalk at night. and we love being able to walk to Epcot .we love riding the fairy boat to Hollywood studios. the BC, YC,and BW truly embodies the northern east coast. And we love the beachy atmosphere. I am not sure how the Skyliner has changed things though. IMHO, both are good choices. You really can't go wrong with either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter