Tale as Old as Time | Rachel+Matthew's DCL Wedding PJ

puredisneylife

Earning My Ears
About the Bride:
I'm Rachel and I live in the Orlando area and work in communication and marketing for merchandise and teaching exercise classes. I have always loved all things Disney--from the parks to movies, Walt and Disney history.

About the Groom:
Matthew is a cast member who moved down to Florida after finishing college. We love going to the parks and the beach together, and we prefer quiet nights in over going out.

How we met:
We both moved to Florida around the same time, and started working for Disney shortly after. We were both cast members at Be Our Guest Restaurant when we met, quickly we became close friends, and then started dating.
10156157_10151963421911401_1979721479_n.jpg

**this post was sooo much longer but then it didn't post, so i had to retype.. :( i'll be adding more soon!**

The proposal:
After an amazing day in Magic Kingdom--riding our favorite rides and lunch where we met at Be Our Guest, Matthew popped the question while we were cooking dinner together. The next night we celebrated with the most magical dinner at California Grill.
1508620_10151963423676401_599933541_n.jpg

Our wedding:
We are beginning to plan our Disney Cruise Line wedding! We want to do a 4-night cruise on the Disney Dream in winter and can't wait! I'm so excited begin my Planning Journal and become part of this community!

So I love your PJ so far!! How much fun that you both are Cast memebers I am sure you just love Disney and that you meet at Be Our Guest (that is my favorite Disney Movie and part of my theme is that yours too??) and have you booked a cruise date yet? Looking forward to following along its great to bounce ideas off of other DCL brides!!

cant wait to read more :surfweb:

So I love your PJ so far!! How much fun that you both are Cast memebers I am sure you just love Disney and that you meet at Be Our Guest (that is my favorite Disney Movie and part of my theme is that yours too??) and have you booked a cruise date yet? Looking forward to following along its great to bounce ideas off of other DCL brides!!

cant wait to read more :surfweb:

Haha, it really is a fairy tale to meet the person you marry in Beast's castle!:lovestruc We don't really have a theme yet, we've been engaged for just under a month now.. we probably won't go with Beauty and the Beast (even though it's one of my favorites!) because I think the DF would find it a bit cheesy.. what really gets me is the line "barely even friends then somebody bends unexpectedly" because that's exactly what happened with us! Our entire apartment is filled with Disney everything (working in merchandise I can't help but collect things!), we definitely feel very blessed that our typical date night involves heading to Epcot or out to dinner at one of the resorts! We don't have a date yet.. still trying to coordinate it with our families who will be flying in from different parts of the country. I think we would prefer a fall/winter wedding.. but that might involve waiting until the fall of 2015.. and I haven't seen dates posted yet. I'm really trying to get the ball rolling and hopefully we can get concrete plans soon!!

Haha, it really is a fairy tale to meet the person you marry in Beast's castle!:lovestruc We don't really have a theme yet, we've been engaged for just under a month now.. we probably won't go with Beauty and the Beast (even though it's one of my favorites!) because I think the DF would find it a bit cheesy.. what really gets me is the line "barely even friends then somebody bends unexpectedly" because that's exactly what happened with us! Our entire apartment is filled with Disney everything (working in merchandise I can't help but collect things!), we definitely feel very blessed that our typical date night involves heading to Epcot or out to dinner at one of the resorts! We don't have a date yet.. still trying to coordinate it with our families who will be flying in from different parts of the country. I think we would prefer a fall/winter wedding.. but that might involve waiting until the fall of 2015.. and I haven't seen dates posted yet. I'm really trying to get the ball rolling and hopefully we can get concrete plans soon!!

Thats so funny when I told my DF the theme hes like isn't that kind of ya know lame ahah I was like don't worry it will be elegant which I am trying to do lol and I am adding a second theme mushed in with it lol but can't wait to hear what date you side and theme and colors and such

Oh definitely following along! I would love to live/work at Disney!! I got engaged in Be Our Guest on 12/21/12 and it was the most magical night ever - I can't believe you both worked there - amazing! I can't wait to see your plans for a DCL wedding - looking forward to seeing more! :cool1:

Oh definitely following along! I would love to live/work at Disney!! I got engaged in Be Our Guest on 12/21/12 and it was the most magical night ever - I can't believe you both worked there - amazing! I can't wait to see your plans for a DCL wedding - looking forward to seeing more! :cool1:

We absolutely love it! We were both working there when you got engaged!! I'm excited to share our planning process and learn from the community here:woohoo:

We absolutely love it! We were both working there when you got engaged!! I'm excited to share our planning process and learn from the community here:woohoo:

No way that's amazing! Our server was Alan and he hooked us up with a beautiful chocolate rose and message on a plate - it was awesome! We went back on our wedding trip to eat again and managed to catch him and say hi :goodvibes

Have you joined the DISbrides group on Facebook? It's another great planning resources as you can get really quick answers and use the search feature - I learned so much from it! But mostly just lurking on all the PJs on here - it was Lurkyloo's PJ on here that first sold me on a Disney wedding!

Can't wait to see your plans - I love seeing Cast Member weddings! :flower3:

No way that's amazing! Our server was Alan and he hooked us up with a beautiful chocolate rose and message on a plate - it was awesome! We went back on our wedding trip to eat again and managed to catch him and say hi :goodvibes

Have you joined the DISbrides group on Facebook? It's another great planning resources as you can get really quick answers and use the search feature - I learned so much from it! But mostly just lurking on all the PJs on here - it was Lurkyloo's PJ on here that first sold me on a Disney wedding!

Can't wait to see your plans - I love seeing Cast Member weddings! :flower3:

Ah!! Alan is great! And Stewart, the pastry chef makes the most amazing messages for special occasions like that.. I remember one he made for a fellow cast member's grandson's first birthday dinner.. so amazing. I love that you have good memories of Be Our Guest too:goodvibes

I haven't joined the group on Facebook.. I actually haven't been able to find it.:blush:

Disney has played such a huge part in our lives and is the reason why we're together.. I really can't imagine not having a Disney wedding!

Can't wait to read more of your journal. How big do you think your party will be?

..... we definitely feel very blessed that our typical date night involves heading to Epcot or out to dinner at one of the resorts! .....

I am so envious of this statement here, however I can relate at Disneyland across the way. We love having lunch at DT Disney or DCA. The creme brulee looked delicious from California Grill!! Excited to see more from your PJ!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter