Taking Winnie on a Wonder Cruise - A February Mexican Riviera Trip - All wrapped up 6/14

I'm so sorry for your loss. I was so sad to hear this. I've been reading your reports for years and look forward to hearing about your upcoming adventures.

So sorry for your lost Alison I have followed you and Fran through many TR and enjoyed all of them
rest assure at least now she is pain free
you now have a guardian angel who’s looking out for you
will follow you in your next adventures

Actually Austria would not be new to me, but I am considering visiting there, perhaps in about a year. :scratchin My dance card has been filling up quickly!
A lot has changed Alison, and we would love to treat you to an "insiders view" of our lovely country.
As for your dance card ..... yip I know and I think we might be guilty of helping to fill it up. ;)

I notice that you have quite a bit of plans in your signature! I better adjust mine.....
If only the tickers would work. :rotfl2: They only change once a week. But who cares. YES, adjust and let us in on your plans. :goodvibes

I totally can get behind Austria 🇦🇹 as a destination, but only if Jill and Alison also make it to neighboring Bavaria with the more time they are bringing!! 😉
I am seriously considering this! I just looked and I could book a flight to Frankfurt for next May on miles! I need to use them up before they figure out Fran isn't around to use them! I figured out that it is about a 2 hour train ride from Frankfurt to Nuremberg.
Maybe I can allow a day or two. :rotfl2:
And then there is another train from Nuremberg to Linz that is also about three hours. :teacher:
Ladies don’t fight! I need to come back if only to restock on those amazing gummy bears from Passau! 😂😂😂

So how much PTO have you already allotted for next year? :laughing:

So sorry to hear about Fran! But definitely happy you have so many plans lined up, and people helping you out.

Nice to see you back on the DIS. :goodvibes
Thanks! It's good to be back.
I'm certain that Fran is watching over you.
I can feel it.
One (of many) things I really love about the parks is that there are memories around virtually every corner. It feels like home. I hope the parks continue to bring you the same comfort ... and some new adventures (like Egypt!) sound great too!
I hope to get back there this weekend and enjoy some memories and make new ones.
Let me know if/when adventures take you to WDW.
Well as of right now I will definitely be there 4/5-10/24, but the plan is to get there March 31st and arrive on property 4/1, I just have to wait until July 1st to book it, the whole 7 month out at a non home resort thing.

Another lurker who wants to extend their apologies and love to you. I have loved reading your posts and getting to “know” you and Fran. Be gentle on yourself.

Alison I’m so sorry about Fran. I follow Su Lynn on Instagram and she had posted about Fran’s celebration of life.
Thank you very much.
She posted some pictures of a special dinner and you looked beautiful in a gorgeous dress.
That is going to be my next Trip Report. I just need to wrap this one up and get started!
I wasn’t able to send you condolences until now. Life is short and precious and you and Fran certainly lived it to the fullest. She would be happy that you will continue to travel with your friends. 💐
It certainly is short and precious. I'm going to go with Fran's mantra, "Eat dessert first" (even though I really can't do that! :laughing: )

Coming out of lurkdom to say I'm so very sorry for your loss. I hope she is finally at peace and love that she will be looking down on your future travels and cheering you on :hug: I also follow SuLynn on Inst and FB so I did know about Fran's passing but like I said, as a lurker it felt a little weird to message you out of the blue. Please know that there are many of us thinking of you and sending love and strength during these difficult times.
Thank you very much. It means a lot. :goodvibes

I am seriously considering this! I just looked and I could book a flight to Frankfurt for next May on miles! I need to use them up before they figure out Fran isn't around to use them! I figured out that it is about a 2 hour train ride from Frankfurt to Nuremberg.

And then there is another train from Nuremberg to Linz that is also about three hours. :teacher:

So how much PTO have you already allotted for next year? :laughing:
Exciting news!! Yes, Frankfurt Airport to Nuremberg (and even to Linz) by train is really easy. You might want to see if you could not book a flight to Nuremberg on miles! You are on American Airlines, aren't you? Then it should be possible to connect through London and BA. Not sure if that makes it cost more miles though...

And May would work for us as our sudden plans for a "spring" (I know, technical winter) trip to WDW made us postpone Japan to July for Michael's birthday.

I did know, of course. And again, my condolences.
Thank you very much.
I’m glad you have this gentleman, along with your friends, helping you through this.
I just hope he can get me some more money quickly, bills are starting to stack up!
I would’ve loved a clarinet, but… haven’t played in a while and recently injured myself so don’t think I’ll be playing in the future either.
You know I still have about seven or eight regular clarinets, I can send you one as a gift!
Didn’t know about those. Wonderful!
Well except the whole cruise concept went out the Window this morning when they released the new itineraries. Both Jill and I hated the Fantasy itinerary, so we're jumping on board the Transatlantic from South Hampton to Ft. Lauderdale now for the October 2024 cruise! :laughing: A lot of the same gang will be joining us!
Bittersweet… But I’m happy you’re continuing the TR.
I think she would have wanted me to!
I’ve never had shawarma. Up here there’s a place to get it… But it’s huge! So never have.
It depends on how you serve it, but most everything in the USA is huge portions.
Can’t go wrong with a burger. ::yes::
well.....
That is not at all like the shawarma they serve here.
Like I said, it's not like the shawarma that they serve at the Avengers campus either.
I’m surprised. Must’ve been pretty tough questions.
I don't remember now, but yes they were.
Can you still use that? Or did you have to cancel?
Oh, I'm sure that I can still use it, at least I think so.....
Thanks for the tip. Wonder if it’s on Disney+? Up here.
I don't even know if it's on Disney+ down here!
I thought for sure one of those would be strawberry soup.
I don't think they serve it anymore except by special request.
Love the shirts. :)
:thumbsup2
I can see that. It’d bring me too
She loved a good Lobster Bisque
That playing is awful. But… I guess if it was good…
Everyone tells me "it all ends up in the same place."
That surprised me
She especially loved Wienerschnitzel but hated that authentic ones were made with veal.
:laughing: good for Fran!
She was always creative!
Nice one Jill. :thumbsup2
She did good too!
Wayyyy too much “up”.
::yes::
:) I’m so glad it was.
At least I have some good traveling memories from just before the end.
Well sure. I mean… waffles. Gotta have syrup! And lots of it!
But I like it warm....
I like oatmeal from time to time… but never the instant packets. I want the real deal.
Fran used to like the instant packets. I would make them for her for breakfast and then she would put butter, brown sugar and milk all over it. I do milk and a little bit of brown sugar.
Whoa! They sure didn’t scrimp on the hollandaise!
It was a buffet. I put that much on it for her!
Nice shots with the characters
Thanks!
Mmmm I’ll have that
Mmmmm sausages.....
Photoshop that!
Too much work!

I am so sorry for your loss.
Thank you very much.
I have been reading your reports over the years. I felt you were my Disney friends.
Awww....so nice, you should chime in more often so I can become your friend back! :flower3:
I found about Fran passing away on Instagram and it broke my heart. I am so happy you are back and going to finish the report and I am looking forward to reading about your future adventures.
I know that Fran would not want me to sit around and be sad, and would want me to pursue more adventures, they just keep stacking up there!

just hope he can get me some more money quickly, bills are starting to stack up!
They always do
You know I still have about seven or eight regular clarinets, I can send you one as a gift!
:eek:
Both Jill and I hated the Fantasy itinerary, so we're jumping on board the Transatlantic from South Hampton to Ft. Lauderdale now for the October 2024 cruise! :laughing: A lot of the same gang will be joining us!
No way! That’s great!!! Good for you!(all)
It depends on how you serve it, but most everything in the USA is huge portions.
These are about the size of a football.
well.....
:laughing: okay maybe you can
I don't even know if it's on Disney+ down here!
:laughing: then that makes two of us!
She loved a good Lobster Bisque
But of course. Her tastes often aligned with mine I’d found.
She especially loved Wienerschnitzel but hated that authentic ones were made with veal.
I completely understand that
At least I have some good traveling memories from just before the end.
Yes you do. :)
:hug:
But I like it warm....
Nuke it!
Fran used to like the instant packets. I would make them for her for breakfast and then she would put butter, brown sugar and milk all over it. I do milk and a little bit of brown sugar.
I like it with brown sugar… and far too much of it.
It was a buffet. I put that much on it for her!
Oh!
:lmao:

Another long time lurker and fan of your reports, coming out of hiding to express my condolences. I am so very sorry for your loss.

I am so very sorry to hear about Fran! I have enjoyed your trip reports for years and had always hoped that some day we would be able to meet. You two shared such a strong love, I know that she is still in your heart and soul, and she will always look out for you.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am another lurker who has always enjoyed reading about your adventures (including the new house wow 10 years?).
Thank you for your condolences. Yes it will be 10 years this fall since we purchased the house. 😲
I am happy that you have found someone to help you with her items and that you have so many friends checking in on you.
I hope he has better luck selling some of them than I have. Everything she had is already on eBay for almost nothing.
Big hugs, and give yourself grace through the grieving process. I am glad you are continuing the trip report and I look forward to your future adventures.
I'm trying, but I'm also trying to dig out and stay afloat financially, quite the balancing act.
We were in DL in Nov, and I half expected to see you gals on a park adventure, I feel like I know you from reading all these trip reports. Thinking of you.
I wish we were there. That was one of the months where she spent half of it in the hospital.

I am so sorry to hear about Fran.
Thank you for your condolences.
I am so thankful I got to spend an afternoon with the two of you in WDW. I was so delighted when I found out the Fran and AJ were going to be in our little group.
It was a fun afternoon. Perhaps we can do it again sometime, this time maybe with Jill, and maybe Jenny who are going to be my new partners in crime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter