Taking walk ups at Skippers Canteen today?

We ate at SC on the soft opening day. It wasn't what I would call 100% perfect or our favorite, but it was a good meal.

We walked by because I wanted to see if the walls were down. It was around 12:30 and we had done breakfast at BOG earlier. My son (23) wasn't feeling great because he was taking antibiotics, so we didn't mind sitting and waiting. We were told an hour, but it was 45 mins. The restaurant is well themed and the smaller rooms are actually interesting (we ate in the main room).

We didn't order any appetizers. I got the chicken, my husband got the lamb and my son tried the pho with duck. My son and I REALLY enjoyed our food. John said the pho was really good and hit the spot. I liked the chicken - the ****ake rice had a bit of a ginger seasoning flavor to it which was a nice surprise. Very nice and outside the box for an MK restaurant. My husband didn't care for the lamb chops. He felt they were too thin (called them lamb jerky lol) and said his lentils were under-cooked. I tried the lentils and thought they were fine, however. Both my husband and son got the souvenir mugs, as well as dessert. John got the coconut thing and didn't really like it. My husband got the kungaloosh and loved it! On opening day, they were not taking DVC or AP discounts.

I think the prices were fine and in line with what we ordered. I generally don't find Disney food prices to be outrageous given that we are in a theme park. Comparing prices with other amusement parks, baseball games and football games, I think it's reasonable.

As far as "plain" food options go, if that's what someone in the party wants, then this isn't a restaurant for you (or your family member). There are places all over WDW to get burgers, nuggets, etc. And, as others have noted, sensory issues are not life threatening as actual food allergies are.

I'd eat here again and try the mac & cheese next!!!! I know my son would return for the pho. :)

I am disappointed to hear that they are not taking ADR's at this time. I hope this changes. This will be hard for planning especially with FP+. I am also curious to see what times people have to check in, in order to get the times around dinner or lunch. Hopefully with more time more questions will be answered......

Just had the BEST meal at the Skipper Canteen yesterday!! We walked right up and had no wait! We had a great skipper, Morgan, who even sang happy birthday to my daughter! We had the pork chops and Mac & Cheese. The bread and honey before the meal were wonderful, too. We shared some kongaloosh for dessert....absolutely amazing!! Such a fun and tasty experience....this may become our regular dining spot at the Magic Kingdom! i love that you DON'T have to have an ADR and can just walk up. It was nice not having to plan my day around a dining reservation. We will definitely be back!
All those people complaining about not having ADRs should give it a try. We had an ADR at Liberty Tree three days ago and waited 45 minutes. There was no wait at the Skipper Canteen. Don't judge it until you try it!

Has anyone noticed this under Skippers?
Please call 407-WDW-DINE to make a reservation.
Has that always been on there?

just because the phone number appears on the web site does not mean they are actually taking reservations. The web site also said they didn't accept the dining plan for awhile.

just because the phone number appears on the web site does not mean they are actually taking reservations. The web site also said they didn't accept the dining plan for awhile.

Wasn't implying! JUST asking! I've never noticed it b4, so thought I'd ask!! :santa:

They may be intending to take reservations at some point in the future, nobody really knows. There are lots of rumors. It's just certain that right now they are not taking reservations.

Skipper's is also now in the My Disney Experience app..... but any date/time you check says "no times available".

Which is going to put off people who use the app while in the Parks, off from even considering walking across the park to check to see if they can get in.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter