• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taking Pictures at Night

3dizcrazy

What is the best method for taking pictures of Illuminations and Spectromagic? Flash or no flash? Nightvision? Please help.

First and foremost I would recommend getting high-quality film (at least 800 speed). I used the same general-purpose 200 speed film for all my pictures and the night shots didn't look good at all. It's not recommended to use 800 film for day shots in the Florida sun, however.

I got great Spectromagic shots using Kodak 400 film, with a flash. 400 also works great for day time shots.

I've have very bad experiences taking night shots with Kodak Advantix cameras, even with 400 or 800 film. (However, the quality of day time photos with this camera is absolutely phenomenal).

When ever we head out to Disney we always use only 800 speed film. Our photos always look really good. However the best ones are taken with black and white film. Pick up a roll and see how you like it . Good luck to you.

Flashes will not help if you're far away from the subject. They only reach so many feet. YOu might check your camera. I got great photos of ToD and MNSSHP parade with my flash because the subjects were closer to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter