Taking Home Leftovers

To OP, the portions are sized to the number of folks eating. You can ask to omit something you know won’t be eaten.

I wouldn't -- not at Disney. I don't want to walk around with a food box, and I don't want to eat food that I couldn't take straight home and put in the refrigerator.

Sharing a plate is an option.
Agreed … I would be on my way out of the park and going to the resort.

I said this in another thread, but leftover food at Disney isn't "wasted." I asked the server at the Garden Grill what happens to the uneaten food, since there was so much we couldn't eat. He said that all the leftover food goes to a biofuel plant that produces energy to power some of the Disney World administrative buildings and some of the buses. What can't be used for that is composted. Other restaurants in the area can take advantage of this for their leftover food. It made me feel a little better about not being able to eat all the food, knowing that it was being used for something environmentally friendly.

We were offered a box at 'Ohana for leftover desert, but not for any leftover meat/sides.

At Crystal Palace, our server brought us some extra napkins and encouraged us to wrap up some cookies to take with us for snacking in the park :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter