Taking Formula cartons to US

stubbsie

Earning My Ears
Can anyone please tell me if it is allowed to take cartons of formula from UK to US?

Sorry if this has already been asked. I saw answers about powder formula but not about ready mixed bottles/cardigans

Many Thanks

here's the US Customs website - it seems to say that you can bring it in, but i haven't a clue myself

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/de...vMTQxNDg3NzcxMi9zaWQvUio1NWptNm0=/suggested/1

-Liquid milk and milk products intended for use by infants or very young children are admissible if in a reasonable amount or small quantity for several days' use.

Note: Milk and milk products from goats must be accompanied by a USDA import permit if from regions classified as affected with foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) or Rinderpest.

You can take them in no problems.

However be aware that anything you want to take through security in the UK, they may ask you to open a number and sample them. Depending on what airport you are travelling from the boots at LGW will allow you to pre order a number and collect in the store after security.

Thank you all. I thought that it would be allowed. It was the WDW A-Z guide that confused me when it arrived at the weekend. It says 'customs will confiscate fresh milk and jars of baby good when travelling into the US; however power formula is allowed'.

We plan on taking some in our main luggage and some in our carry on. Usually takes up a whole suitcase so that leaves plenty of room on the way home for souvenirs

just in case

ordering from Boots past security only works if you're flying direct to MCO

if you are flying indirect, you'll need to go through security again at your connection airport in the US, and you're back to square one.

just in case ordering from Boots past security only works if you're flying direct to MCO if you are flying indirect, you'll need to go through security again at your connection airport in the US, and you're back to square one.

You can take baby milk through US security too so no issue with cartons there either!

Travelled with drinks for DDP until she was 2 and never had to taste any going through in the US :

You can take baby milk through US security too so no issue with cartons there either!

Travelled with drinks for DDP until she was 2 and never had to taste any going through in the US :

agreed but that was not my point

IF OP plans to buy at Boots past security in order to avoid carrying it through security (even though it's allowed), and have to clear security in the US as well, then OP might as well take it from home to begin with

agreed but that was not my point

IF OP plans to buy at Boots past security in order to avoid carrying it through security (even though it's allowed), and have to clear security in the US as well, then OP might as well take it from home to begin with

But the point I was making was the US TSA are a lot more relaxed about milk/drinks for infants than the UK authorities. They don't have the same tasting measures that you would have to do in the UK.

We took our Granddaughter last year and our DD had to taste the baby's formula and she had one lot confiscated because they said that she had too much!

We flew from Stansted earlier this year and they put the packaged bottles in a machine, no idea what it did but I didn't have to taste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter