• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taking DD8 alone?!?!?!

Mariposa

DIS Veteran
Um, so... out of nowhere I've decided to take a trip to take advantage of the EE preview... and I'm taking DD8.. who can be a bit of a handful... I'm beyond excited, but if anyone would like to give advice I'd appreciate it! :)

Make a plan. My DH was deployed in October, 2004 and I took our 3 kids, then 8, turning 6 and 2 to Disney by myselff in early December. They each had a card with my name, cell number and our resort name and number in their pocket. We stayed at the Contemporary so MK was close to us. We had a great time!

Have a great time! Last year, I took my DS(17mos) and DD(4) by myself. Had so much fun, I took DD again for a just-mommy-and-me trip for her 5th bday!

If you're used to travelling with other adults, it will be quite different. You'll be responsible for all of the planning and decision-making, but that also frees you up to do things you've always wanted to do but may have been outvoted on.

That being said, have a plan but know that you may not be able to stick to it. If your DD is getting to be a handful, you may have to jump to plan B and go back to your resort for a nap/swim or have an unscheduled snack or whatever needs to be done to make life better for both of you. I would have one "must-do" (EE for you, I'd assume), several "would like to do's" and a few "it would be nice if we can do's" each day.

This trip will probably tire you out faster than other trips in the past since there's no one to share parenting responsibility with and you'll be doing the lion's share of luggage toting and schedule keeping. Don't forget to get your rest!

Have a great time bonding with your DD. I have such fond memories of our special Mommy-and-me time together and I hope you will too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter