• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taking a cab to SNA

koalagirl5

Mouseketeer
Our flight home from DL is at 9:50 am on a Wednesday, and I was thinking of taking a cab from DI&S. If we left at 8, do you think that would be plenty of time to get to SNA? I just don't know if there's a chance of traffic being really crazy.

If we decided to use Super Shuttle instead, they require a 7:15 pick-up time. Wasn't sure though if that was just because of other pick-ups on the way.

Any insight would be great!

On a good day from Katella Ave , which is where we get picked up from , and get straight onto the freeway it can take approx 30 to 40 minutes.. I like to give myself just a little bit more time that your times.. you never know what will happen..on our last trip , we had just arrived at the airport and realized my son left his backpack at the hotel.. with my tablet etc in it.. so back to the hotel I went , while the rest checked in at the airport.. I got there and back within the time needed.. mainly because the driver was awesome.. crazy but awesome,.. anyway I would think that a 7.40 to 8 am pickup would be ok?

Thanks! That really helps me. If we call a cab, I'll make sure it's no later than 7:45 I think. Unless I decide I've spent too much and go with the cheaper shuttle. :rotfl:

Thanks! That really helps me. If we call a cab, I'll make sure it's no later than 7:45 I think. Unless I decide I've spent too much and go with the cheaper shuttle. :rotfl:
LOL there is that to consider.!! if you ask the front desk to call the cab for you . sometimes it will be cheaper.. not always.. we pay flat rate coming from the airport of $45. for 5 people and approx $50 to $55. going back..

You could probably save some money with Uber or Lyft, especially if you've never used them before. They usually have first time credits for newbies in the $20-$30 range off your first ride. That way you can skip the shuttle and stay a little later for the same price.

Thanks, I'll look into Lyft or Uber. Where we live, taking a cab is a pretty rare occurrence so Uber seems weird to me lol. I've seen many good things about it though, and it's affordable so it's definitely worth trying. :thumbsup2

We loved Uber out of SNA (it was our first time using Uber). That is the only way we will travel now!

I will take lyft or uber...whoever gives me better credits. I do tip in lyft but not in uber (app thing)

I will take lyft or uber...whoever gives me better credits. I do tip in lyft but not in uber (app thing)

Just bc the app doesn't allow tipping doesn't mean no tipping. My friend who drives for uber in Los Angeles is always appreciative of a cash tip. Some drivers will rate you lower if you don't tip.

Just bc the app doesn't allow tipping doesn't mean no tipping. My friend who drives for uber in Los Angeles is always appreciative of a cash tip. Some drivers will rate you lower if you don't tip.

I do tip whenever I have cash but we are living in 2016, who carries cash in today's world. If uber wants their drivers to be tipped then they should include that feature in their app. There must be a reason why they don't have this feature (i cannot fathom). All the drivers I talk to say that it's not their company policy.

I really don't care about the rating.

A note on cabs..
I've taken cabs between SNA and DLR 35~40 times over the years and they were always spotless and arrived on time without exception. I have never had bad service of any form.
So don't let that aspect keep you from utilizing them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter