• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taking a 2 Year Old, wish us luck

Esclavamente

proud mom of a Disnerd in training
I'm newish to the boards but we leave tomorrow morning, and I think taking about 1/2 hour away from the packing-freak-out will help me to stay in a good mood.
We're in the final countdown in minutes for my husband to get home from being out of town for work the entire week. Yes, the entire week of right before we leave! I've been doing all the trips to Target every day when I remember something else we'll most surely need, like more princess reward stickers and more sunscreen.

A thing to know about how this trip is going to go down is that we are bringing our almost-2-year old for her first Disney visit. She is finally napping right now, and the poor dear has had a rough week, herself. Last night she experienced throwing up for the first time, twice, due to a bad lunch. She's also really in the thick of becoming a 2 year old (will be in July), tantrums available within a split second.
But, Sheena is an amazing lil princess and has no idea what kind of amazing fun she is about to have. I've been overtime with all Disney movies possible, and even songs in the car!, and can't seem to stop buying her character shirts. I tell her she's going to fly with Dumbo and ride a choo choo train, and it seems possible that she is anticipating something wonderful. pixiedust:

My husband went only a couple of times as a child to WDW, and is not a particular Disney fan, but we had the most awesome visit to WDW for one day the year we got married. :love:
I grew up with an aunt in Anaheim, so I've gone to the CA park more times than I can probably think of, but I feel completely unprepared to do this trip as a parent!
We are incredibly lucky to be doing this vacation with my best friend since high school, who will be getting us into the park as she is a FL cast member part-time. I've always wanted to have a real vacation with her, so that's super exciting as well. :cloud9:

Here is the family pic from later in this winter when we popped into the Denver aquarium. We got to meet a serval!

KsTspie

It just occurred to me that I can't figure out how to just attach a picture mid-post, so let's hope my 3rd or 4th edit will work correctly :badpc:
I'll have to get that figured out before I post pictures from our trip!

looking forward to taking time back to this project when I get home, but for now I should go work on the other project - an autograph book for The Boops! Going to make a photo-album-based scrapbook because I'm completely brand new to anything scrapbooking.

While it is going to be very busy in the parks this weekend! It definitely is still doable! Just remember to pace yourself. With a young child you are not going to get every ride you want done. Pick the ones that you think she'll enjoy the most! We are AP members and I am a mother of four, one being a two year old and he definitely has his melt downs; heck i have my melt downs! He still has a wonderful time too! So good luck to you! I hope you have a magical day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter