Taking 6 and 13 year old boys how much spending money???

This very much depends on your personal situation. How much is your total budget? How long will you be there? Disney souvenirs are generally expensive, so we tend to just buy things that are park or resort specific, and not stuff we can get at Target or our local Disney Store. We’ve never been to Disneyland, but we go to WDW yearly. I give each of my kids a $200 Disney gift card for souvenirs, which has to last them 2 weeks. I keep a sharpie in my bag and each time they use the card I write the new total on the back. When it’s gone, it’s gone. So, just give them what your budget allows and they’ll have to find things that they can afford. There’s a huge variety of things and prices, so they should be able to get something they love with whatever you give them.

There is an outlet store Disney has in the outlet center closest to WDW, and we saved quite a bit on souvenirs. I think its where they sell their older discontinued stuff at a reduced rate. I'm almost sure it was called Disney Character Outlet.

I agree with @disneydreamer1980, it totally depends on your budget and your kids. For the most part, my boys aren’t souvenir shoppers; in fact they HATE to shop (except the youngest who wants *every* size Mickey!). If they want a souvenir, they are happy with collecting pressed pennies. It is bigger bang for the buck, in my opinion. In the past I gave them $10 in quarters and 20 pennies, and each could decide when and where he wanted to get his pressed penny. They go into our Disney box when we get home and are somewhat forgotten. But one day we’ll use them for a picture frame or some other nifty display.

We definitely do the pressed coins, we buy 1 T-shirt or sweatshirt if we find one she likes, 1 stuffed friend. DD sometimes has her own money (Grandparents give US cash) if she doesn't spend it it not locked onto a Disney gift card and can be saved for the next trip to the US. She had $50 US in March 2017 for our 9 day trip to WDW and Universal Studios.

Just back from a week long trip with 2 children, one aged 9 and the other 12.5 years old. The 9 year older was given a $40.00 spending allowance and the older child $100.00 for a week. Each amount reflected what the parents felt was appropriate/had to offer and neither amount was "wrong".

I heard no complaints from either child as they spent their funds. The younger purchased a flashing light saber from AK and handheld bubble machine and had not a penny left. The older bought one t-shirt and came home with the reminder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter