Tables in Wonderland

daddyscooltv

Mouseketeer
Ok, since when did Trails End takeout quit taking the Tables in Wonderland discount. That has always been the best deal on Disney property, the Gitty up and go and the pizza and a 20% discount. I tried to use the card yesterday and the lady said I could not use it for takeout. I questioned it and she said its been like that for awhile. Now I know it's been a few months since I've been at the Fort but really!

I'd like to know the answer to this question. I used my TIW card for the Giddy-Up and Go in May. What has caused you ask this question?

I read something about this somewhere, sometime recently.

...ok, clearly I'm no help at all, but I do definitely remember hearing this and thinking :headache:

ETA: still can't find where I read this, but I did find this on TheDisneyBlog...

New as of January 2010!

Epcot®: Tokyo Dining Location Only (Not Teppan Edo)
Disney’s BoardWalk Resort: Kouzzina by Cat Cora (formerly Spoodles)
Disney’s Wide World of Sports: ESPN® Sports Cafe
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Marketplace: Fulton’s Crab House
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Pleasure Island: Portobello
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® West Side: House of Blues®, Wolfgang Puck® Cafe
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort: Il Mulino New York Trattoria, Kimonos, Shula’s Steak House, Todd English’s bluezoo

They won't let me use the TIW card. Such a bummer that was a really great deal.
:confused3
All Righty Then.... That's just another reason not to visit Trail's End. I let my DDE (now TIW) lapse for about 2 years & last December decided to get it again. I guess I will let it lapse for good, now. I wonder if they are still accepting it at the resort food courts?

All Righty Then.... That's just another reason not to visit Trail's End. I let my DDE (now TIW) lapse for about 2 years & last December decided to get it again. I guess I will let it lapse for good, now. I wonder if they are still accepting it at the resort food courts?

It worked in May at Pop when I went to visit some friends staying there while we were at the Fort.

It works at resort Food Courts that don't have a sit down like Pop, All-Stars, and Port Orleans French Quarter.

It also "used" to work at the counter service at Animal Kingdom. However, that may stop at any time since Tusker House has opened as a sit-down.

Maybe it stopped for the carry-out items when they were added to the Dining Plan??

I get to tell you I told you so.....:rolleyes1

reason 1006 not to renew that thing....

I guess we still don't visit enough to feel like the food is overpriced at Disney. Even when camping at the Fort, we enjoy eating out and the TiW saves us a bunch

Oh, did the OP try this on the 4th of July???? The TiW doesn't work AT ALL on Holidays.

I guess we still don't visit enough to feel like the food is overpriced at Disney. Even when camping at the Fort, we enjoy eating out and the TiW saves us a bunch

The price has never been an issue for us. Disney used to serve some mighty fine eats. It's the decline of quality coupled with the price that has gotten to me. Even my favorites - Germany & Cape May - have gone downhill.

I have to go with Deb on this one. I really never scoffed at the price either. I had that card for years and years and loved it because I thought that it helped with the tips (which is realistically what it covers) and the food was good. We have never been "planners" and would love to go up for the weekend to play Millionaire and would walk into a sit down restaurant and use the card. With Disney enacting the DDP, it is virtually impossible to do this anymore. I have also noticed that the quality of the food on the whole has gone down and most of the menus across the property have been generalized, eliminating the uniqueness of the restaurants themselves.

I am going to pile on and agree with Deb and Jen.

I hate what the DDP has done to the restaurants at WDW.

The food choices stink.

The prices stink.

It stinks.

But, as campers, we don't have to deal with it if we don't want to.

The sad thing is that there were some restaurants that we used to really like.

Not anymore.

I have purchased a TIW card before.

But, then I crunched the numbers and figured out the five bucks I saved on a Giddyap and Go and the occasional discount at a sit down restaurant didn't make it a good deal. So, I don't have one anymore, and if the Trail's End discount is gone, then I won't have one again.

TCD

Oh, did the OP try this on the 4th of July???? The TiW doesn't work AT ALL on Holidays.

No, I actually tried to use it on Monday of this week. The TIW card we love and feel it saves us a lot. Usually we are at the Fort or at least Disney once a month. We pretty much eat at Ohana and The clam bake at Cape May( which now has crab legs on the buffet I ate so many Sunday night I almost got sick) 2 or 3 times a year each and that alone pays for the card itself.

I personally go to Disney to eat, I've seen everything at the parks way to many times so i just go to EAT!!!

Actually, I will be at Ohana this Saturday night for dinner Ummmm can't wait.:woohoo:

No, I actually tried to use it on Monday of this week. The TIW card we love and feel it saves us a lot. Usually we are at the Fort or at least Disney once a month. We pretty much eat at Ohana and The clam bake at Cape May( which now has crab legs on the buffet I ate so many Sunday night I almost got sick) 2 or 3 times a year each and that alone pays for the card itself.

I personally go to Disney to eat, I've seen everything at the parks way to many times so i just go to EAT!!!

Actually, I will be at Ohana this Saturday night for dinner Ummmm can't wait.:woohoo:

I agree and my real savings on a 45 day stay which we do twice on our annual AP and TIW we eat out at least 15 to 20 times and spend an average of over $1000 to almost $1200 in meals so the tips savings on $2000 of meals at 20% is close to $400 for a $65 or so investment. Well worth it and removing it from the TE take out which we enjoyed the $4 real savings on the Gitty-Up-Ngo will still not stop us from getting and using it. The Gitty-Up-Ngo at the non TIW discounted price is still a great deal.

Larry

Okay, I am sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but the DW and I are considering the TIW purchase, and I am trying to "Calculate" the "Value" of it to see if it's worth it. Reading through this thread though makes me wonder about other things.

It seems the TIW card essentially will take care of the "Tip" since it's discount is 20% but a gratuity of 18% is automatically added. (Except for counter service). This result is (at least on the surface) a Net 2% discount. The question is, is the gratuity calculated on the "Discounted" price or the price before discount, as they can be very different.

Example Pre-Discount Tip:
  • $100 Bill
  • Tip on original price (18%) = $18
  • 20% Discounted Price $80
  • Total Price = $80 + $18 = $98
  • Net 2% Discount

Example POST-Discount Tip:
  • $100 Bill
  • Tip on Discounted price (18%) = $14.40
  • Total Price = $80 + $14.40 = $94.40
  • Net 5.6% Discount (on this example)
Obviously the second one is a better discount

Also according the the TIW website, if you are buying tickets for a dinner show (such as Hoop-Dee-Do) that is "Pre-Paid" you have to show your TIW card at time of arrival (or ticket pick-up) to get the discount. How do they "Refund" the amount? Do they give you cash, a gift card or do they return it back to your credit card? I want to reserve tickets for the Hoop-Dee-Doo show well in advance (as you really need to do). Since the cost of the ticket already includes tax and gratuity, how is the discount calculated? On the surface, our 3 tickets would be a savings of $43.20 which gets us almost a third of the way of the value of the TIW card.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Okay, I am sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but the DW and I are considering the TIW purchase, and I am trying to "Calculate" the "Value" of it to see if it's worth it. Reading through this thread though makes me wonder about other things.

It seems the TIW card essentially will take care of the "Tip" since it's discount is 20% but a gratuity of 18% is automatically added. (Except for counter service). This result is (at least on the surface) a Net 2% discount. The question is, is the gratuity calculated on the "Discounted" price or the price before discount, as they can be very different.

Example Pre-Discount Tip:
  • $100 Bill
  • Tip on original price (18%) = $18
  • Total Price = $80 + $18 = $98
  • Net 2% Discount

Example POST-Discount Tip:
  • $100 Bill
  • Tip on Discounted price (18%) = $14.40
  • Total Price = $80 + $14.40 = $94.40
  • Net 5.6% Discount (on this example)
Obviously the second one is a better discount

Also according the the TIW website, if you are buying tickets for a dinner show (such as Hoop-Dee-Do) that is "Pre-Paid" you have to show your TIW card at time of arrival (or ticket pick-up) to get the discount. How do they "Refund" the amount? Do they give you cash, a gift card or do they return it back to your credit card? I want to reserve tickets for the Hoop-Dee-Doo show well in advance (as you really need to do). Since the cost of the ticket already includes tax and gratuity, how is the discount calculated? On the surface, our 3 tickets would be a savings of $43.20 which gets us almost a third of the way of the value of the TIW card.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The gratuity is based on the actual price, not the price after the discount. However, I'm not sure how you are only calculating a net discount of 2% just because the tip is automatically included at TS places. Any time you are dining out you should tip at least 18%, that would be paid with or without the TIW card, so you are still saving 20%. The onyl difference is that Disney is doing the math for you :)

As for the discount for pre-paid meals, they will be refunded to the card you used to pay a few days later. When we ate at CRT we got the refund about a week later. Disney will tell you the time it takes to go back has more to do with your bank than them.

The gratuity is based on the actual price, not the price after the discount.
Thank you.

However, I'm not sure how you are only calculating a net discount of 2% just because the tip is automatically included at TS places. Any time you are dining out you should tip at least 18%, that would be paid with or without the TIW card, so you are still saving 20%.

I always hate having a gratuity AUTOMATICALLY added. Gratuity is based on the level/quality of "Service". According to http://www.businessinsider.com/this-is-how-much-you-should-tip-for-every-service-2012-8
  • 15% for adequate service
  • 20% for exceptional service.
  • For poor service, leave 10% or less.
  • It’s okay to leave nothing for exceptionally poor service, but only if you’re sure it’s the waiter’s fault.
So adding 18% is always assuming you are going to have great service. Okay, I know the argument that if you are not getting that level of service you should be speaking with a manager, but still.... That's my concern. I have also had some service at WDW that fall in the "Poor Service" category. In a regular restaurant, I make allowances for a crowded restaurant, because it's always a variable for them. At WDW, It's always crowded, so they typically KNOW and should staff it appropriately, so there is less of an excuse.

Now that being said, I usually do get good service at Disney and the food is usually descent. But let's face it, $60.00 for a "Buffet" (Not a character dining either) is a LOT of money when I can get the same level of service and quality at the Ponderosa for HALF (or less) the price, so just becuase it's over priced, paying $12.00 (per person) to have a waiter/waitress fill my drink (and some are even self service there too) and take away my plates is a HUGE price.

I believe in Tipping and tipping well, but just because the food is overpriced doesn't mean the tip should match (unless the service is truly exceptional). Conversely, if the service is NOT up to par, I believe in leaving a tip just as appropriate. I am not one to leave a ZERO tip (or like some leave a penny or nickel) even for poor service. (unless it's sooooo bad that I just don't even stay).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter