• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tables in Wonderland vs AP Discounts

I think the break even point is $750 with TiW.
At that point you have saved absolutely no money. At $1500 you have saved 10%. So I’d say you need to spend over $2000.00 to start making it a good move. $400.00-$150 = $250.00 savings. That’s about 12.5% which is better than AP.

At that point you have saved absolutely no money. At $1500 you have saved 10%. So I’d say you need to spend over $2000.00 to start making it a good move. $400.00-$150 = $250.00 savings. That’s about 12.5% which is better than AP.

It all depends on if you drink alcohol, how much you normally tip, and what restaraunts you want to go to. For most people you would probably spend less than $2,000 to beat AP discount savings with TIW.

It all depends on if you drink alcohol, how much you normally tip, and what restaraunts you want to go to. For most people you would probably spend less than $2,000 to beat AP discount savings with TIW.

Yes if you drink a lot of alcohol and avoid all the locations that don’t accept TiW - there are quite a few - you can outpace the AP. But at $2000.00 spent you are still only saving 12.5%.

It really depends on how many meals you will have. In October we at the food booths mainly. TiW not useful. Plus we love Tutto Gusto and Tokyo Dining and Yak n Yeti.

I think I said somewhere, I also have a DVC so that offsets even more because I can use that at restaurants TIW doesn’t work, song with 20% in some places.
TiW was great at $50.00, now at $150.00 I find it to be. Crap shot. I do know this, if I buy TiW, I feel like I have to spend more to justify my purchase.

If I go with other families we split it among the families. Then we buy gift cards and pass them around to pay our bills. That works well.

Currently doing some serious math on this subject.

We saved huge with TiW last year (3 trips, and put tables of 10 on our card more than a dozen times).

I’m running the numbers on our next big trip, and it’s VERY close between TiW and just DVC discount.

100% of the restaurants we’ll go to are in both TiW and DVC. We’ll probably have some big groups again, but not for our biggest trip. Not sure we’ll hit $2,000 mark, but will certainly hit $1700 mark.

Very tough decision.

Currently doing some serious math on this subject.

We saved huge with TiW last year (3 trips, and put tables of 10 on our card more than a dozen times).

I’m running the numbers on our next big trip, and it’s VERY close between TiW and just DVC discount.

100% of the restaurants we’ll go to are in both TiW and DVC. We’ll probably have some big groups again, but not for our biggest trip. Not sure we’ll hit $2,000 mark, but will certainly hit $1700 mark.

Very tough decision.
I created an Excel spreadsheet to calculate whether buying the TiW card would be worth it since we also get the AP discount. We had a group of six people and were eating at Ohana, Cape May and Sci Fi - all of which took both discounts. I added a few alcoholic drinks, too, which are not included with the AP discount. We did a little better than break even on the one trip, which was nice. We will be going back to WDW several more times before the card expires, so that means that it was definitely worth it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter