Tables in Wonderland - entire bill?

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
Is the discount on the entire bill - including the tax or just the food portion?

It is taken before they add tax and then they tax you on what you are paying for so it does take off some of the tax you would pay. The tip however is figured on the amount you ordered not what you paid. I find in general that my bill(including tax, tip, and payment) ends up being a few dollars less than the total of the menu prices of what we order (there are normally 2 of us).

I assume that if the food portion price comes down, then they would only tax you on the amount owed. Im not 100% sure, but at home when I purchase something on sale, Im taxed on the sale price, not the original price.

Don't recall on the taxes, but wanted to note that it includes food and alcohol. We typically eat at signatures and have a few adult beverages and the savings really add up. We typically save in the $20-30 range per meal, which is for my hubby, me, and our 4 year old

It is taken before they add tax and then they tax you on what you are paying for so it does take off some of the tax you would pay. The tip however is figured on the amount you ordered not what you paid. I find in general that my bill(including tax, tip, and payment) ends up being a few dollars less than the total of the menu prices of what we order (there are normally 2 of us).

Agree with this. Tax calculated on food/alcohol total after discount, tip calculated on total before discount.

TiW, is definitely worth its weight in gold in our family....We've always gotten 2 trips usage from each time we've purchased, and yes as other's have previously stated.

You do get a lil saving on the sales tax that you're not paying for, and it is good on both Food & Beverages too.

it covers the food before the tax. the tax is added to the price after the discount is taken (i believe). I haven't looked that closely but this is what I assume from the discount I receive. It pretty much covers gratuity if you tip 20%

Just want to say we love the freedom from TiW. If you are interested and eligible to get the TiW card give it a whirl.

Is the discount on the entire bill - including the tax or just the food portion?
Check is $100 + tax (7%??) = $107

Tip is 18% of original food + beverage total = $18.

Now, reduce check by 20% for TiW - ($100-$20) $80…add recalculated tax (7%?? - $5.60) = $85.60 + $18 tip = $103.60.

Think of it this way - after applying TiW discount - you save a few dollars from the original amount and the tip has been paid.

The TiW can be purchased by Florida Residents, DVC Members, and Annual Passholders. It gives a 20% discount on food and beverages (including alcoholic) at most tables service and some quick services location on WDW for up to ten people at a time. When you purchase it, the card is valid for the remainder of the current month plus 13 full months.

Here is a working example, using $100.00 as the original bill to make the math show up easily. Note this is for Table Service. At Counter Service there is no gratuity added.

100.00 - Original Menu Amount
*20.00 - Discount
*80.00 - Subtotal
*18.00 - Gratuity Added based on $100
**5.20 - Sales Tax on $80
103.20 - Final amount charged, takes into consideration discount, gratuity and tax.

Without TiW Discount (and still figuring 18% Gratuity)

100.00 - Original Menu Amount
*18.00 - Gratuity
**6.50 - Sales Tax on $100
124.50 - Total

$21.30 - Savings using TiW Card.

* Ignore the asterisks; they are there only so the columns/numbers line up properly.

For the complete list of locations and the rules, go to www.tablesinwonderland.com which is the Official Disney site.

Based on the current pricing, the following is the break-even point for menu pricing (assuming you will routinely give an 18% tip):
AP Holder or DVC Member ($100) is $469.48
Resident (not AP holder) ($150) is $704.23
Both of the above take into consideration that the Sales Tax is also discounted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter