TABLES IN WONDERLAND - are my calculations correct?

update: I am definitely getting the TIW card and one for my husband at an extra $50 since sometimes he visits the lounges without me before dinner. Planning our trip has our dining at around $1200 (including alchohol) and that is just this trip. I plan on going at least 2 more visits this calendar year. I will order the card in March and it should have an April 2020 exp. my AP expires December 2019 but i plan on renewing. The photopass and merchandise discount on the AP are a couple of the reasons why i will renew the AP. I have already more than made up for the cost of the AP.
Since you have more trips planned I would suggest waiting until you get there to purchase a TIW card to get the most out of it. It only takes a couple of minutes at any GS location.

Since you have more trips planned I would suggest waiting until you get there to purchase a TIW card to get the most out of it. It only takes a couple of minutes at any GS location.

I second this.
I didn't get TIW last year due to the AP 20% discount they offered just about everywhere but in the past, I kept a detailed spreadsheet of all discounts and we averaged around $800 a year spent which covered the cost of the card. This year I'm probably going to get it cause the price of all the menus went up and I'll probably spend more.
We are local and go for weekend trips and eat primarily TS as we have found we can have a much better meal for not a huge amount more than CS (not all places apply to this I understand) so with discounted gift cards, DH ordering beer just about everywhere, we can make out usually better using TIW. Now if they open up that 20% AP discount again (& I know it's at select places in Jan), nope. No TIW.

If you are getting it for this one trip only then it might not make sense seeing you can get the AP discount. But if you have another week long trip planned within the year and/or you drink a lot of alcohol then - get it. We bought it for use during 2 trips this year -- first trip was a week long trip with daily TS for our party of 7 - so within the first few meals we broke even with the purchase price of TiW. Then was just a trip for 3 - even just dining 2 adults and one child it was amazing to see the savings.

If you are getting it for this one trip only then it might not make sense seeing you can get the AP discount. But if you have another week long trip planned within the year and/or you drink a lot of alcohol then - get it. We bought it for use during 2 trips this year -- first trip was a week long trip with daily TS for our party of 7 - so within the first few meals we broke even with the purchase price of TiW. Then was just a trip for 3 - even just dining 2 adults and one child it was amazing to see the savings.
Not to sound like we over indulge in alcohol, but DH loves his bourbon and i like a nice glass of wine with meals. We don't drink many specialty drinks, but i may have a "Maelstrom" if i can still get one :)

Not to sound like we over indulge in alcohol, but DH loves his bourbon and i like a nice glass of wine with meals. We don't drink many specialty drinks, but i may have a "Maelstrom" if i can still get one :)
We drank sooooooo much more booze when the granddaughter wasn't on the last trip. Vodka martinis, a bottle of champagne (well most of it), mules and and I had a glass of wine almost every night.
Yup, DGD, is apparently our collective brakes.......:love2::P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter