tablemates - does DCL try to match kids ages?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Or do the early diners with middle school kids sometimes end up with 2yr olds/babies?

I would say they try, but can't quarantee. 3 of our cruises we traveled with my in-laws so we got a table for 4 each time.

The other two times it was DH and I alone. One time we were at a table for 4 with another couple and one time at a table for 8 with 3 other couples.

Since you have requested the rotation that is typically for very young children you may have those at your table.

If you are already friendly with DIS'ers that you know have early seating and you think are compatible with your family you can ask if you can link dining reservations with them. DCL can do that for you, but you need full names and reservation numbers for all parties.

On our first cruise, we were seated with a couple and their 2 older kids (18 and 20). Our ds was 11 at the time. Our second cruise we were with family.

The first cruise we were, but the family was sick and hardly ever showed up. The second cruise we were, but the family requested to be changed to early seating leaving us to a huge table by ourselves. The last cruise I don't know who we had, b/c I requested a change so we could have a previous server and we ended up having a table by ourselves. BTW, I have a 4 yr old DD. :p

Do you request to be seated with a a family with similar age children prior to the the cruise or do they automatically make seating arangements? We have only 1 child (16 yo ds) and would like to be seated with a family with a child around the same age (we have the 1st seating)

Hey imgoingtodisney.

tablemates - does DCL try to match kids ages?

It'll be easier for them than to try and match someone with your DH's pants propensity...

but it really would be an enormous task!
On our past three cruises we have never been matched with anyone CLOSE to DS's age... but although it would have been nice it really did not matter.. and look at it this way. Your DS could be paired at dinner with someone close to his age that he HATED, it would be difficult to have that person at dinner each night and in the club following you around.
Just go with the flow........

ps-BD that way so funny... and probably true ;)

Hi my partner, myself & my 7 year old daughter,were seated with 3 gay men & 2 girls in there early twenties!!! All of who were lovely & great company. So i would say they dont organise the seating to match age,s !!
:rolleyes:

On our cruise last week, we were at a table with two 4 year old girls and a five year old girl (none of them knew each other ahead of time). We booked less than a week in advance, so I think we were just put at a table that would hold us.

Christy

Hi my partner, myself & my 7 year old daughter,were seated with 3 gay men & 2 girls in there early twenties!!!

How do you know the girls weren't gay???...

We were seated with a family of 3 and their child was the same age as two of our children. Worked out fine even though we were initially surprised we didn't have a table to ourselves.

So if we have 3 groups of family going with 3 different cabins (total of 6 adults, 2 kids) would we most likely be seated together? Is that how they do it?

So if we have 3 groups of family going with 3 different cabins (total of 6 adults, 2 kids) would we most likely be seated together? Is that how they do it?

You need to call or have your ta call and link the reservations and then you will be seated together.

On our first cruise when DD was 4...there was a family of five with another 4 yr old girl. They became friends, and were together throughout the cruise. On our last cruise when DD was 5 we were seated with a family with a 5 yr old boy.(unfortunately our DD was hoping to be seated with another girl). The family decided they wanted late seating. The following night...MAGIC!!!...twin 6 y.o. girls were seated with us(of course with their parents). The three girls had a wonderful cruise, and still contact each other from time to time.

Our reservations are linked together and our rooms are right next door and across. When I enter in my client number with DU it brings up all 3 reservations..I'm assuming we should be ok then?

If you are families traveling together you need to be sure that your reservations are LINKED for dining through your TA or through DCL if you booked directly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter